[ubuntu-nz] Just upgraded and having wireless problems

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:37:36 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Dave Lane <dave at egressive.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Is the kernel module for your wireless device still supplied in the
> default kernel - I seem to recall a minor kernel regression that meant a

I would think so because it works fine at home. This clearly has
something to do with the kind of access point. It works fine with the
apple device, doesn't work with linksys or netgear.  The linksys is
wireless N the netgear is G.

> My understanding is that any network devices that you want NM to manage
> should be commented out, and then defined within NM's interface.

I'll try this and get back to you.

> My wireless has been working very well since the upgrade, and seems to
> connect automatically to whatever my preferred wireless device is,
> assuming that the credentials are stored (which it seems to do reliably).

The old one was working pretty nicely. I just want it to be like it
was before :(