[ubuntu-nz] Change to NZDST

Ewen McNeill ubuntunz at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Fri Jul 20 01:08:27 BST 2007

In message <19e60f890707191648n6cc7828fra7ec661f9c61953b at mail.gmail.com>, "Matt Brown" writes:
>On 20/07/07, Ewen McNeill <ubuntunz at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz> wrote:
>> any online equivilent to packages.debian.org where I can check what
>> version is in which distributions.  [...]
>
>http://packages.ubuntu.com/

Thanks.  Alas, it appears to search only the base of each distribution,
eg it finds locales 2.3.18 for Dapper, but I have locales 2.3.18.3
on my Dapper system which appears to have come from dapper-updates.
It doesn't seem to be possible to search dapper-updates, or dapper +
dapper-updates through that interface.  (In contrast Debian rolls such
(non-security) updates into a fresh base release, so packages.debian.org
does find them once they're out.)

However that did suggest a way to find out the latest updated packages,
by digging through security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper-updates/, etc.

Ubuntu:
- 6.06 (Dapper): locales 2.3.18.3, contains tzdata 2007e
- 6.10 (Edgy):   tzdata 2007e
- 7.04 (Feisty): tzdata 2007e

(assuming you have the relevant -updates apt source enable as well; if
not, you're more likely to have 2006m or something even more ancient.)

Anyway that suggests that all Ubuntu supported releases will need an
update (to 2007f) to support the new New Zealand daylight time change.
And your testing -- thanks -- seems to confirm that.

So if no one has filed a Launchpad bug then we need to get one filed soon.

Ewen