[ubuntu-nz] ubuntu

Blair Cooper kiwi_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 02:41:21 GMT 2007

Hi there,

CAn I please borrow a litle of your time?

I have a friend I'm trying to help setup a ubuntu
server as a firewall. I have a basic understanding of
Linux as I have come from a Window$ environment and
keen to learn Linux.
I also have a good IT/Networking knowledge.

So issue is I have the ubuntu 6.10 ISO I have burnt
and need to setup a firewall for the internet
connection with NAT.
At this stage he only wants to allow SMTP traffic to
and from his exchange server.
Maybe allow port 80 traffic at a later time.

Can you please assist in pointing me in the right
direction?
Is FireStarter an option that will work on ubuntu?

I would be very greatful for your assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Blair

Blair Cooper