[ubuntu-nz] Change to NZDST

Ewen McNeill ubuntunz at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Wed Aug 1 01:21:29 BST 2007

In message <1185926512.9470.83.camel at hippy.mcmillan.net.nz>, Andrew McMillan wri
tes:
>On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:28 +1200, Ewen McNeill wrote:
>> There's been no update or movement on the bug I filed for Debian Sarge,
>> but hopefully something happens in the next 8 weeks.
>
>I thought the maintainer had merged the two bugs?

You're quite right, they did.  I hadn't noticed that until you pointed
it out.  Thanks for pointing that out.

The result of the merging was that the Debian Sarge bug got closed when
the Debian Etch bug was fixed (by the debian-volatile upload) without any
new packages for Debian Sarge, or any explanation of what (if anything)
would be happening for Debian Sarge.  I've just looked on debian-volatile
and there's definitely no libc6 package uploaded there for Sarge (or
even a tzdata package if one were somehow able to install that on Sarge,
without conflicting with the files in libc6).

I've sent in a followup to the Debian Sarge bug:

asking if it is going to be fixed in Sarge as well.

If not, we might have to figure out a way to manually patch the relevant
timezone files on the Sarge systems.

Ewen