[ubuntu-nz] Hello

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Sun Apr 22 01:39:13 BST 2007

Hi Michael,

> Are you any good a Kernal building because for a while i have thought
> about config Ubuntu or Kubuntu and giving it a really good run for its
> money i am looking for some NZ linux GURUS to help me with this but
> the thing is that i would like to know what the new project should be
> on i was thinking of designing it totally for nz users and trying to
> make it as easy to use as windows so we can get it out there a bit
> more the only thing is that we would have to register our project and
> our work to UBUNTU themselves but that is no problem so are you
> interested

I use distribution kernels because I don't believe that I can do a
better job than the people who are hired (or selected, in a meritocracy)
to compile kernels!

What makes a NZ user any different to one anywhere else in the
English-speaking world?  Would your distribution also exclude
Australians, for any other reason than Matthew Hayden?

Your goal is grand - perhaps a little too grand for a first move?  Find
a way your talents can mesh with the Ubuntu community - perhaps by
joining the Desktop Team [1], if your goal is ease-of-use for a
switcher, MOTU [2], if you want to package software, or a translation
team, if you want to localise the language to New Zealand [3]?

Regards,
Craig

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU