Ubuntu

Haldor Riddering haldor at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Sep 23 19:28:17 BST 2006

Kevin Christopher Gregory wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> Can we chat? I am from New Zealand and would like some advice as to
> whether I am ready to make a complete switch from Windoze XP to Ubuntu?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kevin.
depends what you'd like to do with Ubuntu Kevin.
I switched about 3 months back on my laptop and had done a lot of
research on what I wanted to achieve with software and what software
would be right for me. there is so much options to choose from and have
found even more wonderful things in the repository.
have you got a copy of ubuntu and tried the live cdrom out to see if all
your hardware is deteccted and also maybe google what workarounds there
are if there is a problem so you are aware of whats going to happen
before you completely install things.,
best bet do a bit of digging and make yourself aware of some of the
pitfalls.
it was simple to install but little things were a pain like tv-out for
me but easily sorted with google.

cheers Haldor