Summary of meeting for 19-09-2006

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Wed Sep 20 09:56:33 BST 2006

I'm doing this to demonstrate what we in -au do within about a day of
meetings, so that people who could not attend have some clue about what
happened. Whether or not you do it next time or after that, is your choice.

Last night, the NZ loco held the first meeting of their second coming. A
log can be seen at: http://www.mattb.net.nz/ubuntu-nz.log

The meeting was fruitful and achieved a number of things.

    * Attendees introduced themselves

    * Communication methods improved
          o IRC channels merged
          o Mailing list established - to be managed by ajmitch
          o Wiki needs some love

    * Leadership negotiated. Plug is contact.

    * Mentoring contacts identified: Elkbuntu and Fujitsu for -Au, Plug
for -NZ

    * Limits on initial goals established

Hopefully another meeting will be held in a few weeks time to see how
progress is going.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper