[ubuntu-nz] Hello...

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Fri Oct 27 11:32:00 BST 2006

Hi,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to writing an introduction!
I've just been lurking in the background reading all the others.

I'm a Software Developer / Network Administrator working for the WAND
Network Research Group at the University of Waikato. My primary
responsibility is the CRCnet project (www.crc.net.nz) where I maintain a
set of wireless networks around the country, and even as far afield as
Samoa. All these networks run on a custom distribution that I maintain
derived from Debian Sarge.

So yes, my primary interest in Ubuntu is as a 'hotted up' version of
Debian. I am a Debian Developer, but Ubuntu is my desktop environment of
choice.

I've served a couple of terms on the committee of WLUG in the past, and
I'm currently helping out as the Vice President of the NZOSS.

You can find out more about me, and some of the software I've been
involved in at http://www.mattb.net.nz/

That's it for now, I think :)

--
Matt Brown