[ubuntu-nz] FW: Education, Ubuntu and LoCo teams

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Tue Oct 24 21:19:04 BST 2006

Jono Bacon writes:

Hi all,

With such an awesome LoCo project here, we have huge chunks of potential to
make a real difference in our areas. One key area that many of you are
interested in is Education. What can be better than getting our children and
students using free software? Not only is this a ripe challenge, but one
where LoCo teams can make a real difference.

I have been talking to Richard Weideman who is Canonical's Education
Programme Manager, and he has an intense, almost yoda like excitement about
education. Evidently Richard is a great person to work with LoCo teams to
help us get *buntu in places where people learn.

To kick things off, head over to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamEducation and give it a read. It provides
some things to think about when it comes to education. Feel free to flesh
out the page with ideas, thoughts and technique for getting free software in
education.

We are also looking to appoint an education contact for each LoCo team.
Not all teams will have them as not everyone is interested in education, but
if your team is, reply to this thread to indicate your interest.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager