[ubuntu-nz] Update & request

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Tue Nov 28 20:23:50 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I volunteered to be the team contact for the Ubuntu NZ LoCo team because I
felt we could pull together a good group in NZ (which we have), but always
with a view to having one or more other people actively involved in
'running' the team.  I regret that I haven't had as much time or energy to
dedicate to ubuntu-nz as I'd hoped, and would like to move into a situation
where I can contribute to the group on a more ad-hoc basis.  With that in
mind, I'd like to suggest we have an IRC meeting next Monday night at 8pm,
with a view to selecting [a [new team contact]s],

We have had some good ideas, and I'd really like to see momentum build up
behind them.  We have almost everything we need for our artwork contest -
Canonical have sponsored some prizes, and anyone else wishing to do so is
welcome to contact me off-list; Andrew McMillan has kindly set up a gallery,
and pretty much all we need now is people to badger me into announcing it
officially.  I am sure that if we had a couple of people with the time and
enthusiasm to make sure people follow up on all the good ideas we have, we'd
be there in no time.

There is buzz in the IRC channel; conversation on the list has dried up a
little, but I'm sure everyone's still here!

Reminder: Meeting 8pm, Monday 4 December, #ubuntu-nz on Freenode.

Regards
Craig