[ubuntu-nz] Alice in Ubuntu-land?

zcat zcat at wired.net.nz
Tue Dec 19 10:07:14 GMT 2006

Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:25 +1300, Johann Schoonees wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Does anyone know if Alice (http://alice.org/) is shipped with any
>> version of Ubuntu?  Googling the Ubuntu and Edubuntu sites and
>> searching the wikis turned up nothing for me.
>>

> Hi Johann,
>
> It appears that Debian packages for Ubuntu are available here:
>
> http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/download/debian/dists/ubuntu/contrib/binary-i386/

"For Debian/Ubuntu Linux:

    * Please add

      deb http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/download/debian testing contrib

      to your /etc/apt/sources.list. You need to apt-get the package
alice-runtime.
    * For Debian stable, just replace testing with stable in the URL above
    * For Ubuntu 6, just replace testing with ubuntu in the URL above
    * Alternatively, use deb-src to retrieve and install source packages.

"