[ubuntu-np] Pin drop silence

Ishwor Gurung ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:35:44 GMT 2010

On 12 November 2010 22:09, Jwalanta Shrestha <jwalanta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Bibek Paudel <eternalyouth at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Jitendra Harlalka
>> <implements.java at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Coincidentally, I was trying to access planet today morning after so
>> long..
>> > Even, that one is down.

Yes it is. Planet was one good place but still the whole thing being
hosted on one server didn't quite help. Prasanna and myself took upon
us the hosting cost and it served well initially.

>> > Anyway, I agree that only existence of website doesn't serve purpose if
>> > people don't feel connected to the community.

Exactly. We went too fragmented I think.

>> +1
>>
>> If we want to do something similar again, my suggestion: we should
>> start by thinking (discussing) about the reasons (problems) why this
>> happened.

I have called at-least once here in the list for volunteer to take
over Ubuntu-NP contact and admin and several times in #ubuntu-np. At
the expense of getting at dangerous conclusion, this generally could
mean two things: "I don't care" or "I don't have time".

> lack of activity would generally mean either too much familiarity with
> ubuntu or no interest at all. i have no idea which is the case.

Discussion platform rather than just help-desk platform or even both
was my original thought on having ML and Wiki.

> about the website, i'd be horrible to lose the wiki. we had some really
> useful articles there.

I believe Prasanna has rsynced it.

I'll take this chance to ask anyone interested in hosting ubuntu nepal
*within* Nepal are most welcomed.
[...]

--
Regards