[ubuntu-np] About Ubuntu

Jitendra Harlalka implements.java at gmail.com
Mon May 17 06:29:11 BST 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Ananda Dahal <spainshfriend at gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to use UBUNTU in Nepal. I am currently using Ubuntu 10.0. How can
> i change the language to Nepali.

Ananda ji,
    What exactly do you mean by using UBUNTU in Nepali.

    Is it that you want to be able to type in Nepali. If it is so, you can
goto System->Preference->Keyboard->Layouts->Add and then choose Nepal. A
switcher will appear on panel allowing you choose between the languages.

   And, if you mean the complete interface in Nepali (as in Nepalinux), we
are currently working on it. We are trying to build a community owned Ubuntu
OS in Nepali. Anyone can also contribute to the purpose by helping us in
several ways. If you are interested in helping us, please go through,
http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=Localization_over_IRC and
http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=Ubuntu_Localization

   Do write, if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Jitendra