[ubuntu-np] New faces, new experiences needed

Ishwor Gurung ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 07:51:59 GMT 2009

Hi all,
As outlined in the previous email (but getting absolutely no
response), I am sending this again just in case people forgot about
one of the most used Gnu/Linux distribution in Nepal ;-) Ubuntu Nepal
is a local community for Nepal. It is a place for Ubuntu users in
Nepal to get help, to develop Ubuntu projects, foster community and
help each other out in times of need.

Foss Nepal mailing list has been exclusively used in the past to
discuss anything remotely related to FOSS. I would like to fragment
that a bit to help it become more specific to topic. For e.g., Foss
Nepal mailing list has been used in the past for discussion related to
FOSS, Evangelism, New ideas specific to FOSS Nepal so in essence
Ubuntu Nepal mailing list, wiki, discussion board can be used for
discussion related to Ubuntu, its users, to help out new members, new
projects *in* Nepal[1]. Please spread the word to your friends and
families.

If there are any qualms regarding Ubuntu Nepal LoCo, please voice it
there. Its a free society and constructive criticism have always been
welcomed by the Ubuntu community. Ubuntu Nepal has Mailing list, Wiki,
Discussion board, IRC, Planet and even Facebook and Twitter page to
suit members discussion style. Bring your friends along and start
discussing your cool new Ubuntu projects ;-)

(I am retiring as the admin for ubuntu-np to a suitable active member
soon. If someone is interested, please let me know on/off the list.
Thanks)
[1] Any foreigners, expats and other ubuntu users who want to share
experiences are also welcomed.
[2] We thought of other ways such as Google wave, Mashups but due to
the fear of over community fragmentation, we left it there.
--
Regards,
Ishwor Gurung