Help, network problem

Surmandal surmandal at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:17:37 BST 2008

Binay,
      gr8, mii-tool report says that ur are connected to Dlink.  I don't
know how u have put the IP address, should be correct but anyway just for
confirm,
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.25.0
route add default gw 192.168.0.1
  now ping the GW(Dlink)'s IP. If ur are able to get reply the just add the
dns address to /etc/resolv.conf then u will get internet connection. Please
post the update hai...aani dhanyabaad chaa hai mailing list ma post garna
jhyaau namaneko ma :p he he

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Binay Ligal <binay.ligal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, I've this problem with a freshly installed ubuntu 8.04 off a DVD.
> surmandal told me to mail this to the mailing list.
> My problem is that ubuntu doesn't detect my network. I use a D-link 604
> router. Windows XP detects IPs etc assigned by its DHCP automatically,
> ubuntu in my case, does not(I know it should).
> Here are some results of dhclient and ifconfig.
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/15748/
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/15750/
> BTW, mii-tool returns eth0 link ok.
> I tried putting static IPs taken from Windows XP but it still won't budge.
> I can't even open the router configuration page http://192.168.0.1 .
>
> Thanks in advance.

HACKER VS CRACKER