updates from biratnagar n dharan on foss awareness/training

Jwalanta Shrestha jwalanta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:23:09 BST 2008

hi all,

for those who dont know, i'm at biratnagar to help the foss enthusiasts here
and in dharan on foss awareness/training n i've got some good news to
share..

dharan:
met with tushar n abish. these guys are hyper excited about the foss
training we're conducting at dharan n tushar is taking the lead. the date
for the training has been fixed for this saturday (5th July).

the training has been especially targeted to computer users (esp sysadmins)
who are familiar with windows but not with foss alternatives. tushar n i are
still working on the topics to be covered. it was supposed to be ubuntu
training before, but we're tryin to make it more general. i'll update u all
about it very soon.

biratnagar:
met with pramod n the team from engineering campus (purbanchal university,
school of engineering and technology) n they are very interested in foss.
they're also forming a computer club in the college soon and want to move
forward foss through the same.

we've also fixed an introduction/awareness program in the college tomorrow
(2nd july, wednesday). the program is targeted towards computer and
electronics engineering students here n i'm hoping a nice turnout.

i'll be updating about the programs as it happens.. wish us luck..

regards,
jwalanta