apt mirror

Jwalanta Shrestha jwalanta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:03:18 BST 2008

i seriously doubt this. having a apt mirror is a matter of syncing around
30-40gb of data, which changes often too. isps here sell 64kbps in the name
of "broadband". u think they'll provide bandwidth to sync that huge volume
for nothing??

what we can do is have apt-cache or apt-proxy sort of things. instead of
syncing, it'd fetch the packages on demand and store it locally. after that,
within npix bandwidth wont be a problem.

~jwalanta