Ubuntu Nordic - Hello, anyone out there?

Christoffer Holmstedt christoffer.holmstedt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:24:44 UTC 2011

Hi
My name is Christoffer Holmstedt and I'm newly elected Team Contact
for the Swedish Ubuntu LoCo Team. I will start of with a presentation
of myself and then some ideas for the future.

I'm currently living in northern Sweden in the city of Luleå studying
for a Bachelor in Computer Science in mars I will move to Västerås to
finish of my studies with a thesis at ".SE - The Internet
Infrastructure Foundation". I'm 25 years old and before I started
studying I worked as communication technician in the Swedish Armed
Forces for three years, in Sweden and abroad in Chad(2008). My
interest in Ubuntu started a few years ago, in 2008 I believe, since
then I've always been fond of the idea that we can build our own
operating system together as fellow computer users, though it hasn't
been much of development from my part just yet. Outside of my studies
alot of time goes into gym training, orienteering and cardiotraining.

In the Swedish LoCo we have just started our project "svenska
videoguider"(Swedish Screencasts) which will be a returning series of
screencasts for each Ubuntu release with what's new aswell as seperate
series for specific software that comes with Ubuntu. Our general goal
is to showcase what Ubuntu is in the videoformat for thoose that
haven't heard of Ubuntu or are new to Ubuntu. Depending on the success
of this project(and the general activity of our LoCo) future project
may include testing, triaging and/or development. Suggestions from the
Italien LoCo indicates that ISO testing is a good place to start to
show how everyone can help with the development of Ubuntu. A vision of
mine is to follow up with triaging and development(is
ubuntu-nordic-dev still going?).

I just wanted say hello to all of you out there in the nordic
countries and I hope some of you are still active.

Best regards
--
Christoffer Holmstedt
Team Contact