A new local developer team has emerged

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 1 01:48:37 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Martin Pihl <martin at martinpihl.dk> wrote:
> Hi all Nordics
>
> Søren Hansen from the Danish Team suggested the other day, that we
> created an IRC channel with a focus on development, including all those
> that are working with bugs and stuff.
>
> Now, it is definitely a challenge keeping such a team active, so I
> proposed we run the team as a Nordic team, so all people interested in
> Ubuntu developing, packaging, bug triaging and stuff like that could
> find and help each other in a Nordic IRC channel.

Good initiative! What if we start thinking beyond this and try to
organize a Nordic gathering for the Global Bug Jam or at least try to
promote the idea of it. Ubuntu is good at creating bugs, and we are
creative at finding ways to fix them too... Let's make that resemble
in the Nordic community.

More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam

> Thus, you can now find the IRC channel #ubuntu-nordic-dev, where
> development-minded people from all the Nordic countries can come
> together and help each other. If anybody want to set something up on the
> wiki, that'll be awesome ;)

Done! The wiki is updated.

> Please tell your local teams about this channel - put it in the forums
> and blog about it :)

I have sent this info to the Norwegian list as well. Somebody should
blog about this on the planet ;)

> Kind regards
> Martin, Denmark

Best regards,