No subject

Fri Dec 18 02:33:18 GMT 2009

-------------------------------<br>
First some background.<br>
=3D Why Local Teams? =3D<br>
Ever since the birth of computers, enthusiasts and fans around the<br>
world have collected together in garages, universities and pubs to<br>
talk about their interest, learn from each other and help promote<br>
their interest. Combine this with the huge popularity of Ubuntu, and<br>
you have the Ubuntu LoCo project.<br>
And so...<br>
-------------<br>
=3D =A0What you need =3D<br>
Yes, you guessed right: Infrastructure!<br>
=3D=3D Forum =3D=3D<br>
This needs creation: &lt;<a href=3D"https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCreatingFor=
um" target=3D"_blank">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCreatingForum</a>&gt;<br>
=3D=3D IRC - Chat =3D=3D<br>
It&#39;s already registered: #ubuntu-is @ FreeNode<br>
=A0* To complete the channel creation as an ubuntu channel please see:<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto#IRC%20Channel" target=
=3D"_blank">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto#IRC%20Channel</a>&gt;<br>
=A0* The registrant is being BCC&#39;ed in this email<br>
=A0* The chat is reachable from: &lt;<a href=3D"http://webchat.freenode.net=
/?channels=3Dubuntu-is" target=3D"_blank">http://webchat.freenode.net/?chan=
nels=3Dubuntu-is</a>&gt;<br>
=3D=3D Mailist =3D=3D<br>
I&#39;ve already requested its creation:<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"https://rt.ubuntu.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D9843" target=
=3D"_blank">https://rt.ubuntu.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D9843</a>&gt;<br>
=3D=3D Launchpad Teams =3D=3D<br>
=A0* Translation Team (already started): &lt;<a href=3D"https://launchpad.n=
et/%7Eubuntu-l10n-is" target=3D"_blank">https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-=
is</a>&gt;<br>
=A0* LoCo Team (already started): &lt;<a href=3D"https://launchpad.net/%7Eu=
buntu-is" target=3D"_blank">https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-is</a>&gt;<br>
 =A0* Anyone can join the LoCo team.<br>
=A0* LoCo Team Administrators (already started):<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-is-kerfisstjorar" target=3D"=
_blank">https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-is-kerfisstjorar</a>&gt;<br>
 =A0* The administrators team is ment for those of you that want to<br>
involve yourself in the day to day administration of the team and its<br>
activities:<br>
 =A0 * Sysadmins for the Web Infrastructure (Site, LP, LoCo Directory,<br>
Wiki, Mailist)<br>
 =A0 * Web pressence maintenance<br>
 =A0 * Marketing &amp; PR + Information management<br>
 =A0 * Social media management and moderation: IRC, forum, FB, Twitter,<br>
Identi.ca, LinkedIn, etc...<br>
=3D=3D Wiki =3D=3D<br>
It&#39;s already started: &lt;<a href=3D"https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IcelandicT=
eam" target=3D"_blank">https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IcelandicTeam</a>&gt;<br>
=A0* The wiki is to be the web page for the team in its early life<br>
=A0* It will be the default linking of <a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu-is.org"=
 target=3D"_blank">www.ubuntu-is.org</a><br>
=A0* When the team gets approved and can access hosting @ Canonical or<br>
Ubuntu-EU then you can redirect that domain<br>
=A0* If you pull off a site, then just redirect the wiki page (with i.e.<br=

#REFRESH <a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu.is" target=3D"_blank">www.ubuntu.is</=
a>) to the new site.<br>
=3D=3D Website =3D=3D<br>
You can request &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu-is.org" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.ubuntu-is.org</a>&gt; to<br>
=A0* Once you have the wiki page up you can ask for redirection of the<br>
domain to the WIki page of the team (see above) as Canonical owns that<br>
domain<br>
=A0* <a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu.is" target=3D"_blank">http://www.ubuntu.i=
s</a> is owned by someone else, but maybe we can get<br>
it for this purpose? This person is being BCC&#39;ed in this email.<br>
So, what now?<br>
--------------------<br>
1. You need (at least one and ideally several) the Team Contact(s):<br>
://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamContact</a><br>
2. If you want to be part of the Administrator team (involving<br>
yourself is a matter of wanting to) let me know and I will add you to<br>
the Team. the Admin team is the owner of the general Ubuntu Icelandic<br>
Team.<br>
3. I wouldlike to invite you to host the first Icelandic Ubuntu Global<br>
Jam! The happening is the last weekend of March (you have 10 days.)<br>
For more information check this blog post:<br>
ck-the-house/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/03/16/ubuntu=
-global-jam-time-to-rock-the-house/</a><br>
Now, if you want to ask questions please do so either here in the list<br>
or just send me an email directly.<br>
To end this lengthy email I would like to thank each and everyone one<br>
of the persons that met me this last week. You have really made my<br>
time in your beautiful country even better that it would normally have<br>
been! Thank you very much for a fantastic time and enjoyable<br>
experience!<br>
Have a nice day to you all!<br>
Best regards,<br>
Rub=E9n Romero<br>