keyring - sleutelbos

Rick Stijnman rick.stijnman op gmail.com
Di Jun 19 17:32:39 UTC 2007

Hoi,

Nu heb ik thuis alles op Ubuntu 7.04 draaien en werkt echt fantastich. Ook
mijn laptop en die van mijn vriendin draaien perfect. Waar ik me alleen aan
stoorde op een laptop of wireless computer dat ik elke keer de keyring
(sleutelbos voor nl gebruikers) moest invullen. Nu heb ik mijn probleem al
opgelost maar ik wou het toch even met jullie delen, zodat je maar 1x je
wireless key (wpa/wep) hoeft in te vullen.

Ik denk dat sommige van jullie hier wel wat aan hebben, en anders is verwijs
ik naar nooit verstuurd ;-)

BRON <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=431893&>

 *HOWTO: Get rid of the keyring requests, including after suspend/resume and
more*
------------------------------
 Okay, I've seen lots of guides about using PAM Keyring to make nm-applet
(and other keyring programs) stop asking for your password all the time.
However, all of them have their problems (especially with suspend/resume) so
I'd like to share my solution with everybody. This fixes the problem with
suspend/resume AND makes allows you to use PAM-keyring even if you don't
have the same keyring and user passwords.

*NOTE:* This method, from what I understand, is not considered as secure as
many others. It involves keeping your user and keyring passwords in plain
text files. Technically, someone else can get your passwords from this if
they have access to your computer (say you leave your desk, someone comes
over, knows where the hidden file is, opens it, and gets your password).
However, this is honestly just a hack for convenience. You shouldn't use
this if you're really deeply concerned about your data.

   1. *Install PAM Keyring package*
   Simply do:
    Code:

   sudo aptitude install libpam-keyring

   2. *Unlock Keyring when you login*
   Here we will create a script that will unlock your keyring as soon as
   you log in. In a terminal, do:
    Code:

   mkdir ~/.bin
   gedit ~/.bin/pam-keyring-unlock.sh

   You may pick a different file if you want, but I'd recommend preceding
   something with a "." so the file or its containing directory will be hidden.
   In this file, copy and paste this:
    Code:

   #!/bin/bash
   echo <PASSWORD> | /usr/lib/libpam-keyring/pam-keyring-tool --unlock
--keyring=default -s

   And replace <PASSWORD> with your default keyring password. Now run
   this to make it executable:
    Code:

   chmod a+x ~/.bin/pam-keyring-unlock.sh

   After that, just go to System->Preferences->Sessions. In the "Startup
   Programs" tab (the default one) click "New." In the dialog, enter "PAM
   Keyring Configuration" for the name and /home/<USERNAME>/.bin/pam-
   keyring-unlock.sh for the command, replacing <USERNAME> with your
   username.
   3. *Unlock keyring when you resume*
   This step is optional, but really really useful for laptop owners and
   even easier than the last. Execute:
    Code:

   sudo gedit /etc/acpi/resume.d/99-pam-keyring-unlock.sh

   In the text editing window that appears, copy and paste this:
    Code:

   #!/bin/bash
   echo <USERPASSWORD> | sudo -u <USERNAME> -S echo <KEYRINGPASSWORD>
| /usr/lib/libpam-keyring/pam-keyring-tool --unlock --keyring=default
-s

   And replace <USERPASSWORD> with the password you use to login,
   <USERNAME> with your username, and <KEYRINGPASSWORD> with your keyring
   password. Then do:
    Code:

   sudo chmod a+x /etc/acpi/resume.d/99-pam-keyring-unlock.sh

   You should never be asked for a keyring password after resume again!