candidats.be en .fr ...

Marc Coevoet marc.coevoet op fulladsl.be
Wo Apr 25 20:13:10 UTC 2007

Er is moderatie op ubuntu-be, en dit raakt er niet door ..

De logica, meneer Claeys??  Ik zoek wel een ubu intl, waar ze geen
racistische praat over me uitslaan achter mijn rug ...

Concerning politics and free software/open standards I heard this story.

Since Bill Gates is not Guy Verhofstadts best friend (he is too much a
promotor of open standards/open soft), Bill Gates/Microsoft Belgium
decided to give Pieter De Crem, major of Aalter, CD&V,  a project for the
information processes in his city.  MS will finance the development of
this whole project, the result will be sold to other cities and
villages.  The ICT manager of a local village told me that in this way
everybody is going to pay much more than when an implementation would be
made by ICT managers themself, and made public, as free software, just
like http://www.emairie.org

Of course, your mileage may vary, when I look at the people that helped
me file a complaint on free soft, I found deputees from VLD, Spirit, and
CD&V helping me .... in federal as well as flanders parlement, yeah even
a minister of federal govmt.

I have a little bit followed the french elections, and am reader of
french mail lists for linux, I got the idea there that such a site isn't
worth much, it more depends on persons than on political parties.  eg,
two times when I went to the office of Yves Leterme in Ypres, when
pronouncing the words "free software", the secretary told me that if I
want to earn more, I could work at night  ....  I
suppose she is not dumb, but not well informed, just like Vandenbroucke,
that says about free software: "an ideological choice".
See the vdb files in
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/linux/kc/

Marc