[Ubuntu-ni] consejos para la canon

jorge gabrielteoria en gmail.com
Lun Mayo 4 17:53:44 BST 2009

Amigos, los consejos que había en esta página son demasiados, no sé cuál
usar y todos parecen ser por terminal, ¿en terminal uno digita una dirección
http? me parece raro...

Canon Pixus/Pixma Printers First Step

First step is adding "apt-line" to /etc/apt/sources.list in your Debian.
Open "/etc/apt/sources.list" with an editor and add the next line.

deb http://mambo.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~takushi/debian ./

Then update the package information by "apt-get update"

# apt-get update

Now you can proceed to the contents below.
For Ubuntu Users

If you are an Ubuntu (Edgy Eft) user, use the following apt-line.

deb http://mambo.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~takushi/ubuntu ./

(Debian users must not use this apt-line.)
Canon Pixus 550i / 850i / 950i (i550 / i850 / i950) and iP90 Driver

You can install packages by the following command:
# apt-get install libcnbj-2.2 bjfilter-2.2 pstocanonbj

Cupsys will be automatically restarted and you can select printer in cupsys
configuration (http://127.0.0.1:631/). Vendor is Canon and Driver is, for
example, "Canon PIXUS 550i ver.2.2".

Note: You can use iP90 with 550i driver.
Canon Pixus 560i / 860i / 960i (i560 / i860 / i960) Driver

You can install packages by the following command:
# apt-get install libcnbj-2.4 bjfilter-2.4 pstocanonbj

Cupsys will be automatically restarted and you can select printer in cupsys
configuration (http://127.0.0.1:631/). Vendor is Canon and Driver is, for
example, "Canon PIXUS 560i ver.2.4".
Canon Pixus iP3100 / iP4100 / iP8600 (and Pixma iP1000 / iP1500) Driver

You can install packages by the following command:

# apt-get install libcnbj-2.5 bjfilter-2.5 pstocanonbj

Cupsys will be automatically restarted and you can select printer in cupsys
configuration (http://127.0.0.1:631/). Vendor is Canon and Driver is, for
example, "Canon PIXUS iP8600 ver.2.5".

I received reports that these printers also worked with this driver.

   - Canon BJ S700 (with iP3100 driver)
   - Canon Pixma 3000 (with iP3100 driver)
   - Canon PIXMA MP750, MP780 (with iP4100 driver)

Canon Pixus iP2200 / iP4200 / iP6600D / iP7500 / MP500 Driver

You can install packages by the following command:

# apt-get install libcnbj-2.6 bjfilter-2.6 pstocanonbj

Cupsys will be automatically restarted and you can select printer in cupsys
configuration (http://127.0.0.1:631/). Vendor is Canon and Driver is, for
example, "Canon iP4200 ver.2.6".

I have none of these printers, so I cannot test this driver. I confirmed
that this driver can send data to my i560, but I don't know the sent data is
suitable for printers above.