[Ubuntu-ni] Fwd: Ubuntu Open Week Sessions

Leandro Gómez leo.telsen en gmail.com
Mie Abr 8 01:51:07 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge O. Castro <jorge en ubuntu.com>
Date: 2009/4/7
Subject: Ubuntu Open Week Sessions
To: ubuntu-devel en lists.ubuntu.com, Masters of the Universe <
ubuntu-motu en lists.ubuntu.com>, "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts"
<loco-contacts en lists.ubuntu.com>

Hello everyone,

We are preparing for the next Ubuntu Open Week, which is the week
after release, 27 April - 1 May. Ubuntu Open Week is a week-long set
of IRC workshop sessions held by various members of the community to
the public. They cover a vast set of topics, anything from development
to LoCos, translations, bugs, answers, launchpad, bzr, packaging,
community development, and more.

As you can see, the schedule is blank:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/

I am collecting interested topics for discussion here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Prep

I am looking for volunteers to run sessions!

Once we get a good set of topics we will begin filling up the schedule
and then announcing it to the general public. Open Week is not the
same as Developer Week, the target audience is people who are
currently not developers but are interested in joining the project. As
such introductory or beginner topics are recommended. This is also an
opportunity for teams to do talks that get people interested in
whatever you're working on. If you've done an Open or Developer week
before and are interested in running a session then please jot down
your topic on the /Prep page. If you're unsure, send me a mail or ping
me in IRC and I can help you get started. Once we get a nice list of
topics we will begin scheduling people according to time zone,
availability, etc.

Thanks!

--
Jorge Castro