Sin asunto

Jue Jun 12 23:09:36 BST 2008

"Canonical Ltd., the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, is asking users of
Ubuntu Server edition just exactly how they are using it and in what
kind of organisations.[...]

Ubuntu is the popular Linux distribution for the desktop, laptop, thin
client and server which brings together the best of open source
software every 6 months. Ubuntu is free, and is downloaded from mirror
sites around the world.

The Ubuntu Server community wants to ask a broad set of users to share
their experiences. A previous shorter survey from Canonical was
completed (public results at: www.canonical.com/campaign/server) by
those requesting free server CDs, but this is the first time the
Ubuntu server team is requesting information from the community
worldwide.

Co-sponsored by RedMonk Research, the survey
[http://survey.ubuntu.com/] will gather more detailed knowledge in
order to:

   * Improve future product releases
   * Prioritize feature requests
   * Guide partnerships to add technologies
   * Drive the focus at the next Ubuntu Developer Summit in December 2008

The anonymous survey takes 10 to 20 minutes to complete and is open to
anyone deploying Linux servers today, whether or not they use Ubuntu.
The Ubuntu Server Community Team will present the results in the
beginning of December.

"Our survey earlier this year provided insight into the diversity and
global reach of the Ubuntu Server customer base," said Nick Barcet,
Ubuntu Server product manager at Canonical. "With this survey, we hope
to understand more about them =96 including how they are using our
software in their businesses =96 in order to better serve them in the
future."

Original anouncement is at:
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/server-team-survey

Cheers,

Fabian

--
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/FabianRodriguez

--=20
Norman Garcia Aguilar
http://normangaguilar.blogspot.com
Linux user # 444131
Ubuntu user # 15806

------=_Part_10787_21731870.1223015166501

ssage ----------<br>From: <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Fabian Rodriguez</b=
Date: Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:35 PM<br>Subject: Ubuntu Server survey is now=
 available<br>To: &quot;Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts&quot; &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:loco-contacts en lists.ubuntu.com">loco-contacts en lists.ub=
untu.com</a>&gt;<br>
Just a quick note to let you all know that the Ubuntu Server survey is<br>
now available at:<br>
u.com/</a><br>
Please pass this invitation to participate to all your locoteam<br>
members and Ubuntu Server users you may know!<br>