[Ubuntu-ni] [Importante] Miembros oficiales de Ubuntu-NI

Luis Matus matus.investiga en gmail.com
Jue Jun 28 17:33:14 BST 2007

Acá esta mi code of conduct.

= This Code of Conduct covers your behaviour as a member of the Ubuntu
Community, in any forum, mailing list, wiki, web site, IRC channel,
install-fest, public meeting or private correspondence. The Ubuntu
Community Council will arbitrate in any dispute over the conduct of a
member of the community. '''Be considerate.''' Your work will be used
by other people, and you in turn will depend on the work of others.
Any decision you take will affect users and colleagues, and we expect
you to take those consequences into account when making decisions. For
example, when we are in a feature freeze, please don't upload
dramatically new versions of critical system software, as other people
will be testing the frozen system and will not be expecting big
changes. '''Be respectful.''' The Ubuntu community and its members
treat one another with respect. Everyone can make a valuable
contribution to Ubuntu. We may not always agree, but disagreement is
no excuse for poor behaviour and poor manners. We might all experience
some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to
turn into a personal attack. It's important to remember that a
community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a
productive one. We expect members of the Ubuntu community to be
respectful when dealing with other contributors as well as with people
outside the Ubuntu project and with users of Ubuntu. '''Be
collaborative.''' Ubuntu and Free Software are about collaboration and
working together. Collaboration reduces redundancy of work done in the
Free Software world, and improves the quality of the software
produced. You should aim to collaborate with other Ubuntu maintainers,
as well as with the upstream community that is interested in the work
you do. Your work should be done transparently and patches from Ubuntu
should be given back to the community when they are made, not just
when the distribution releases. If you wish to work on new code for
existing upstream projects, at least keep those projects informed of
your ideas and progress. It may not be possible to get consensus from
upstream or even from your colleagues about the correct implementation
of an idea, so don't feel obliged to have that agreement before you
begin, but at least keep the outside world informed of your work, and
publish your work in a way that allows outsiders to test, discuss and
contribute to your efforts. '''When you disagree,''' consult others.
Disagreements, both political and technical, happen all the time and
the Ubuntu community is no exception. The important goal is not to
avoid disagreements or differing views but to resolve them
constructively. You should turn to the community and to the community
process to seek advice and to resolve disagreements. We have the
Technical Board and the Community Council, both of which will help to
decide the right course for Ubuntu. There are also several Project
Teams and Team Leaders, who may be able to help you figure out which
direction will be most acceptable. If you really want to go a
different way, then we encourage you to make a derivative distribution
or alternative set of packages available using the Ubuntu Package
Management framework, so that the community can try out your changes
and ideas for itself and contribute to the discussion. '''When you are
unsure,''' ask for help. Nobody knows everything, and nobody is
expected to be perfect in the Ubuntu community (except of course the
SABDFL). Asking questions avoids many problems down the road, and so
questions are encouraged. Those who are asked should be responsive and
helpful. However, when asking a question, care must be taken to do so
in an appropriate forum. Off-topic questions, such as requests for
help on a development mailing list, detract from productive
discussion. '''Step down considerately.''' Developers on every project
come and go and Ubuntu is no different. When you leave or disengage
from the project, in whole or in part, we ask that you do so in a way
that minimises disruption to the project. This means you should tell
people you are leaving and take the proper steps to ensure that others