Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 475

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 25 22:11:08 UTC 2016

Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 475 for the week July
18 - 24, 2016.

== Links to UWN ==

 * Wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue475

== In This Issue ==

 * Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS released
 * Ubuntu Stats
 * On The State Of Health Of Our LoCos
 * Ubuntu 16.04 in the SF Bay Area
 * LoCo Events
 * Ubuntu Women: Event Report: WWFS-FWD'2016, Kolkata
 * Canonical Design Team: See what our interns got up to and what they
thought of our apps
 * Simos Xenitellis: Playing around with LXD containers (LXC) on Ubuntu
 * Timo Aaltonen: Intel Graphics Gen4 and Newer Now Defaults to
Modesetting Driver on X
 * Ubuntu Cloud News
 * In The Blogosphere
 * Featured Audio and Video
 * Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
 * Upcoming Meetings and Events
 * Updates and Security for 12.04, 14.04, 15.10 and 16.04
 * And much more!

== General Community News ==

=== Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS released ===

Adam Conrad, on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team, announces the
release of Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS for desktop, server and cloud platforms.
Key features of this release include security updates, bug fixes, and
increased stability. This release is also available for all major
flavor distributions.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2016-July/000209.html

The following articles also covered this point release:

 * Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Released, 14.04 Users See Upgrade Prompt -
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/ubuntu-16-04-1-lts-released-upgrade
 * Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Released for Desktop, Server, and Cloud with All
Flavors - http://news.softpedia.com/news/ubuntu-16-04-1-lts-released-for-desktop-server-and-cloud-with-all-flavors-506559.shtml
 * Ubuntu 16.04.1 is out with improvements to software installation
and low-graphics mode -
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3098865/linux/ubuntu-16-04-1-is-out-with-improvements-to-software-installation-and-low-graphics-mode.html

    * Open (124368) +331 over last week
    * Critical (361) +4 over last week
    * Unconfirmed (61282) +168 over last week

As always, the Bug Squad needs more help. If you want to get started,
please see  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

=== Ask Ubuntu Top 5 Questions this week ===

==== Most Active Questions ====

 * What is Ubuntu 16.05, 16.06, etc
http://askubuntu.com/questions/800310/what-is-ubuntu-16-05-16-06-etc
 * What does [co] mean in the "rm -rf filename[co]" command?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/800801/what-does-co-mean-in-the-rm-rf-filenameco-command
 * Can I use '!!' in aliases or scripts?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/800441/can-i-use-in-aliases-or-scripts
 * Why does "top" show some processes running longer than the system's
uptime? http://askubuntu.com/questions/801768/why-does-top-show-some-processes-running-longer-than-the-systems-uptime
 * How do I upgrade from 14.04 LTS server to 16.04.1?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/801488/how-do-i-upgrade-from-14-04-lts-server-to-16-04-1

==== Top Voted New Questions ====

 * What is Ubuntu 16.05, 16.06, etc http://askubuntu.com/questions/800310/
 * Is it possible to set Ubuntu a way that it does not shutdown before
a script is finished? http://askubuntu.com/questions/801603/
 * What does [co] mean in the "rm -rf filename[co]" command?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/800801/
 * Can I use '!!' in aliases or scripts? http://askubuntu.com/questions/800441/
 * How do I upgrade from 14.04 LTS server to 16.04.1?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/801488/

People Contributing the best questions and answers this week: Byte
Commander (http://askubuntu.com/users/367990/byte-commander), heemayl
(http://askubuntu.com/users/216503/heemayl), Zanna
(http://askubuntu.com/users/527764/zanna), Rinzwind
(http://askubuntu.com/users/15811/rinzwind) and mbello
(http://askubuntu.com/users/73636/mbello)

Ask (and answer!) questions at http://askubuntu.com

== LoCo News ==

=== On The State Of Health Of Our LoCos ===

Svetlana Belkin talks about Miles Sharpe's recent blog post about the
problems some Local Community Teams are facing. She writes, "The
bottom line here is that we need to rethink our health of our LoCos as
they are source of our Ubuntu Members and it's a way to connect with
others in real life."

http://senseopenness.com/on-the-state-of-health-of-our-locos/

The blog post Svetlana writes about in the beginning of her post,
written by Miles Sharpe was published here:
http://kilosubuntu.blogspot.com/2016/07/greetings-ubunteros-opinions-below-are.html

=== Ubuntu 16.04 in the SF Bay Area ===

Elizabeth K. Joseph writes about some presentations she gave at two
Linux User Groups in her area. She links to her slides and gives
details about how the presentations went. She then talks about the San
Francisco Ubuntu 16.04 party that is happening on July 28th.

http://princessleia.com/journal/2016/07/ubuntu-16-04-in-the-sf-bay-area/

== LoCo Events ==

The following LoCo team events are currently scheduled in the next two weeks:

 * Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour, Arizona LoCo Team:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-arizona/3395-sierra-vista-ubuntu-hour/
 * San Francisco Ubuntu 16.04 Release Party, Ubuntu California:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/3398-san-francisco-ubuntu-16-04-release-party/
 * Tempe Ubuntu Hour, Arizona LoCo Team:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-arizona/3396-tempe-ubuntu-hour/
 * Ubuntu Release party, Ubuntu Cyprus:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-cy/3404-ubuntu-release-party/
 * Tempe Ubuntu Hour, Arizona LoCo Team:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-arizona/3405-tempe-ubuntu-hour/
 * AZLOCO Install-fest/Linux Workshop, Arizona LoCo Team:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-arizona/3406-azloco-install-fest/linux-workshop/

Looking beyond the next two weeks? Visit the LoCo Team Portal to
browse upcoming events around the world:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/

== The Planet ==

=== Ubuntu Women: Event Report: WWFS-FWD'2016, Kolkata ===

A. Mani gives us a report of a 2 day Workshop on Women in Free
Software jointly organized by Ubuntu Women Project, Fedora Project and
NSEC, Kolkata. She shares details about talks that she and others gave
throughout the event, and reflects on some of the event logistics. The
post concludes with a series of links to slides from speakers.

http://blog.ubuntu-women.org/2016/07/event-report-wwfs-fwd2016-kolkata/

=== Canonical Design Team: See what our interns got up to and what
they thought of our apps ===

Femma provides us with an overview of what Canonical's interns have
been up to over the past week. To provide them with real world
experience as members of a design team, the interns were tasked with
creating work experience posters and testing convergence tablets.

http://design.canonical.com/2016/07/see-what-our-interns-got-up-to-and-what-they-thought-of-our-apps/

=== Simos Xenitellis: Playing around with LXD containers (LXC) on Ubuntu ===

Simos Xenitellis writes about LXD, another version of the LXC  (Linux
containers) on his blog. Linux containers are an operating system
level VMs used for running multiple linux systems on a single kernel.
He explores the various containers available in LXD  through the LXC
commands in the Ubuntu environment.

https://simos.info/blog/playing-around-with-lxd-containers-lxc-on-ubuntu/

=== Timo Aaltonen: Intel Graphics Gen4 and Newer Now Defaults to
Modesetting Driver on X ===

Timo Aaltonen tells us of a switch in Debian Unstable and Ubuntu
Yakkety from xserver to modesetting for any Intel graphics Gen4 and
up. While making a patch for Gen2 and 3 to use xserver with only 1 bug
report so far.

https://tjaalton.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/intel-graphics-gen4-and-newer-now-defaults-to-modesetting-driver-on-x/

== Ubuntu Cloud News ==

 * Introducing the new Juju store -
http://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/07/22/introducing-the-new-juju-store/

== In The Blogosphere ==

===  The best Linux laptop: The 2016 Dell XPS 13 ===

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols of ZDNet reviews the newly released Dell XPS
13 developer edition laptop. He talks about Dell's improvements on its
display, the computing power and also its improved battery power. He
shares that the laptop comes with minimal negatives and in spite of
being a bit pricey, it is still worth the buy.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-best-linux-laptop-the-2016-dell-xps-13/

=== Ubuntu Demo Wireless Convergence on Bq M10 Tablet ===

Joey-Elijah Sneddon from OMG! Ubuntu! gives us a peek into the soon to
be released Over-the-air (OTA) update for its Bq Aquarius M10 Ubuntu
Edition Slate. Following up with the wireless display technology
released for Ubuntu phones in the earlier OTA-11 updates, Ubuntu now
brings the wireless connections of its tablets to external monitors
with its new update, the OTA-12.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/ubuntu-ota-12-brings-wireless-convergence-bq-m10-tablet

=== The Meizu MX6 Made Official, Ubuntu Edition 'Coming Soon' ===

Joey-Elijah Sneddon of OMG! Ubuntu! Shares that Meizu has announced at
a conference in China the much rumoured MX6 but with no Ubuntu
version, yet. He writes that with it's 10 cores, 4GB RAM and 32GB
storage this phone is "a veritable beast" and shares that it will
launch in China on July 30th at around $300.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/meizu-mx6-official-announcement-specs

=== Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition Review - The King of All Ubuntu Phones ===

Softpedia's Marius Nestor gives us a review of current top Ubuntu
phone, the Meizu Pro 5. He goes from the full HD AMOLED screen,
21.16MP back cam and 5MP front all the way down to the Ubuntu Touch
OS.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/meizu-pro-5-ubuntu-edition-review-the-king-of-all-ubuntu-phones-506501.shtml

=== Three Years Ago Today Ubuntu Made Its Biggest Gamble ===

Joey-Elijah Sneddon of OMG! Ubuntu! writes to remind us that it has
hit three years since the famous Ubuntu Edge crowd-funding campaign. A
campaign that reached 12.8 Million making it the most successful ever
but still making it the most unsuccessful with it missing it's 32
Million goal. He rounds out his post by reflecting on the state of the
Ubuntu phone ecosystem today.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/3-years-since-ubuntu-edge-campaign-launch

=== Women In Tech: Jane Silber, CEO Of Canonical ===

Seth Colaner from Tom's Hardware shares an interview he had with Jane
Silber, the CEO of Canonical. Jane answers a wide variety of questions
about her work in tech, her position at Canonical, Ubuntu Core,
Convergence and much more.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/women-tech-jane-silber-canonical,32265.html

== Featured Audio and Video ==

=== Kubuntu Podcast #14 - UbPorts interview with Marius Gripsgard ===

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan, Rick Timmis and Aaron Honeycutt present #14 of
the Kubuntu podcast where they chat about some of their latest work,
interview Marius Gripsgard from the UbPorts project, report on some of
the latest news from developers and more.

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-podcast-14/

=== Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo: Ubuntu Podcast: S09E21 - Snapper
Biscuit ===

It's Episode Twenty-one of Season Nine of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan
Pope, Mark Johnson, Laura Cowen and Martin Wimpress are connected and
speaking to your brain.

We're here again, just about! Two of us are snapping in Heidelberg.

In this week's show:

 * We interview Snapcraft developers Sergio Schvezov and Kyle Fazzari
about snap and Snapcraft, why they (snap and Snapcraft, not the
developers) exist, the problem they solve, and some upcoming
features..
 * We also discuss testing superglue preservation tips (we'll report
back on the success or otherwise in a future episode), and playing
Pokemon GO around campus and RimWorld on Steam on Linux.
 * We share a Command Line Lurve, Cheat, which provides you with a
cheatsheet (brief, handy help) for a command.
 * And we go over all your amazing feedback - thanks for sending it -
please keep sending it!
 * This week's cover image is taken from Wikimedia.

That's all for this week! If there's a topic you'd like us to discuss,
or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments
and suggestions to show at ubuntupodcast.org  or Tweet us or Comment on
our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our
sub-Reddit.

http://ubuntupodcast.org/2016/07/21/s09e21-snapper-biscuit/

=== Full Circle Weekly News #27 ===

Just a quick message to let you know that Full Circle Weekly News #27
is out: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/podcast/full-circle-weekly-news-27/
and, Full Circle Magazine #110 came out a couple of weeks ago:
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-110/

The show is also available via: RSS:
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/feed/podcast Stitcher Radio:
http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=85347&refid=stpr TuneIn Radio:
http://tunein.com/radio/Full-Circle-Weekly-News-p855064/ and PlayerFM:
https://player.fm/series/the-full-circle-weekly-news

== Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings ==

 * Kernel Team - July 19, 2016 -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Newsletter/2016-07-19
 * Server Team - July 19, 2016 -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20160719

== Upcoming Meetings and Events ==

For upcoming meetings and events please visit the calendars at
fridge.ubuntu.com: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars/

== Updates and Security for 12.04, 14.04, 15.10 and 16.04 ==

=== Security Updates ===

 * [USN-3023-1] Thunderbird vulnerabilities -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2016-July/003507.html
 * [USN-3038-1] Apache HTTP Server vulnerability -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2016-July/003508.html
 * [USN-3039-1] Django vulnerability -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2016-July/003509.html
 * [USN-3040-1] MySQL vulnerabilities -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2016-July/003510.html

=== Ubuntu 12.04 Updates ===

 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025448.html
 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025449.html
 * apache2 2.2.22-1ubuntu1.11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025450.html
 * apache2 2.2.22-1ubuntu1.11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025451.html
 * chromium-browser 37.0.2062.120-0ubuntu0.12.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025452.html
 * chromium-browser 37.0.2062.120-0ubuntu0.12.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025453.html
 * linux-meta 3.2.0.107.123 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025454.html
 * linux 3.2.0-107.148 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025455.html
 * linux-backports-modules-3.2.0 3.2.0-107.99 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025456.html
 * linux-armadaxp 3.2.0-1670.96 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025457.html
 * linux-meta-armadaxp 3.2.0.1670.86 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025458.html
 * linux-lts-trusty 3.13.0-93.140~precise1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025459.html
 * linux-signed-lts-trusty 3.13.0-93.140~precise1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025460.html
 * linux-meta-lts-trusty 3.13.0.93.84 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025461.html
 * linux-lts-trusty_3.13.0-93.140~precise1_amd64.tar.gz - -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025462.html
 * linux-ti-omap4 3.2.0-1485.112 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025463.html
 * linux-meta-ti-omap4 3.2.0.1485.80 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025464.html
 * shim-signed 1.18~12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025465.html
 * mysql-5.5 5.5.50-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025466.html
 * mysql-5.5 5.5.50-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2016-July/025467.html

End of Life - April 2017

=== Ubuntu 14.04 Updates ===

 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.14.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022510.html
 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.14.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022511.html
 * apache2 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022512.html
 * apache2 2.4.7-1ubuntu4.13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022513.html
 * linux-signed 3.13.0-93.140 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022514.html
 * linux 3.13.0-93.140 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022515.html
 * linux-meta 3.13.0.93.100 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022516.html
 * linux_3.13.0-93.140_amd64.tar.gz - -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022517.html
 * curl 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022518.html
 * maas 1.9.4+bzr4592-0ubuntu1~14.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022519.html
 * dkms 2.2.0.3-1.1ubuntu5.14.04.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022520.html
 * python-pip 1.5.4-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022521.html
 * shim-signed 1.18~14.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022522.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.0.0-4ubuntu0.14.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022523.html
 * mysql-5.6 5.6.31-0ubuntu0.14.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022524.html
 * mysql-5.5 5.5.50-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022525.html
 * mysql-5.6 5.6.31-0ubuntu0.14.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022526.html
 * mysql-5.5 5.5.50-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022527.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.0.0-4ubuntu0.14.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022528.html
 * curtin 0.1.0~bzr399-0ubuntu1~14.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022529.html
 * percona-xtradb-cluster-5.5 5.5.37-25.10+dfsg-0ubuntu0.14.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022530.html
 * virtualbox-lts-vivid 4.3.36-dfsg-1+deb8u1ubuntu1.14.04.1~14.04.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022531.html
 * virtualbox-lts-wily 4.3.36-dfsg-1+deb8u1ubuntu1.14.04.1~14.04.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/trusty-changes/2016-July/022532.html

End of Life - April 2019

=== Ubuntu 15.10 Updates ===

 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.15.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013468.html
 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.15.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013469.html
 * apache2 2.4.12-2ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013470.html
 * apache2 2.4.12-2ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013471.html
 * thermald 1.4.3-5ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013472.html
 * shim-signed 1.18~15.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013473.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.0.0-4ubuntu1.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013474.html
 * mysql-5.6 5.6.31-0ubuntu0.15.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013475.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.0.0-4ubuntu1.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013476.html
 * mysql-5.6 5.6.31-0ubuntu0.15.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/wily-changes/2016-July/013477.html

End of Life - July 2016

=== Ubuntu 16.04 Updates ===

 * gst-libav1.0 1.8.2-1~ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014047.html
 * gst-plugins-bad1.0 1.8.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014048.html
 * gst-plugins-good1.0 1.8.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014049.html
 * gst-plugins-ugly1.0 1.8.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014050.html
 * evolution-indicator 0.2.20-0ubuntu23 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014051.html
 * gstreamer-vaapi 1.8.2-1~ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014052.html
 * gstreamer1.0 1.8.2-1~ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014053.html
 * gst-plugins-base1.0 1.8.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014054.html
 * ubuntu-dev-tools 0.155ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014055.html
 * python3.5 3.5.2-2~16.01 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014056.html
 * metacity 1:3.18.5-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014057.html
 * update-notifier 3.168.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014058.html
 * ubuntu-fan 0.9.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014059.html
 * klibc 2.0.4-8ubuntu1.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014060.html
 * live-installer 51ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014061.html
 * s390-tools 1.34.0-0ubuntu8.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014062.html
 * bamf 0.5.3~bzr0+16.04.20160701-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014063.html
 * unity-lens-applications 7.1.0+16.04.20160701-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014064.html
 * unity-control-center 15.04.0+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014065.html
 * drupal7 7.44-1ubuntu1~16.04.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014066.html
 * nux 4.0.8+16.04.20160705-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014067.html
 * unity-settings-daemon 15.04.1+16.04.20160701-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014068.html
 * lubuntu-meta 0.65.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014069.html
 * network-manager 1.2.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014070.html
 * virtualbox 5.0.24-dfsg-0ubuntu1.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014071.html
 * virtualbox-guest-additions-iso 5.0.24-0ubuntu1.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014072.html
 * virtualbox-ext-pack 5.0.24-0ubuntu1.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014073.html
 * maas 2.0.0~rc2+bzr5156-0ubuntu1~16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014074.html
 * partman-base 187ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014075.html
 * compiz 1:0.9.12.2+16.04.20160714-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014076.html
 * binutils 2.26.1-1ubuntu1~16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014077.html
 * unity 7.4.0+16.04.20160715-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014078.html
 * systemd 229-4ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014079.html
 * console-setup 1.108ubuntu15.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014080.html
 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014081.html
 * ubiquity 2.21.63.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014082.html
 * base-files 9.4ubuntu4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014083.html
 * thunderbird 1:45.2.0+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014084.html
 * debian-installer 20101020ubuntu451.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014085.html
 * apache2 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014086.html
 * apache2 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014087.html
 * base-files 9.4ubuntu4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014088.html
 * ubiquity 2.21.63.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014089.html
 * ubuntu-gnome-meta 0.58.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014090.html
 * maas 2.0.0~rc2+bzr5156-0ubuntu1~16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014091.html
 * maas 2.0.0~rc2+bzr5156-0ubuntu1~16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014092.html
 * installation-guide 20160121ubuntu2.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014093.html
 * libfm 1.2.4-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014094.html
 * python-keystoneauth1 2.4.1-1ubuntu0.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014095.html
 * php7.0 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014096.html
 * keystone 2:9.0.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014097.html
 * isc-dhcp 4.3.3-5ubuntu12.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014098.html
 * debian-installer 20101020ubuntu451.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014099.html
 * python-django 1.8.7-1ubuntu5.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014100.html
 * installation-guide 20160121ubuntu2.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014101.html
 * debian-installer 20101020ubuntu451.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014102.html
 * python-django 1.8.7-1ubuntu5.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014103.html
 * light-locker-settings 1.5.0-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014104.html
 * light-locker-settings 1.5.0-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014105.html
 * linux-signed 4.4.0-32.51 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014106.html
 * linux 4.4.0-32.51 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014107.html
 * linux-meta 4.4.0.32.34 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014108.html
 * linux_4.4.0-32.51_amd64.tar.gz - -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014109.html
 * livecd-rootfs 2.408.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014110.html
 * livecd-rootfs 2.408.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014111.html
 * fuse 2.9.4-1ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014112.html
 * fuse 2.9.4-1ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014122.html
 * snap-confine 1.0.38-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014113.html
 * linux-raspi2 4.4.0-1018.24 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014114.html
 * linux-meta-raspi2 4.4.0.1018.18 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014115.html
 * linux-snapdragon 4.4.0-1021.24 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014116.html
 * linux-meta-snapdragon 4.4.0.1021.13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014117.html
 * snap-confine 1.0.38-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014118.html
 * shim-signed 1.18~16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014119.html
 * snapcraft 2.13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014120.html
 * pkgsel 0.43ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014121.html
 * cloud-init 0.7.7~bzr1256-0ubuntu1~16.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014123.html
 * ceph 10.2.2-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014124.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.1.0-1ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014125.html
 * mysql-5.7 5.7.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014126.html
 * mysql-5.7 5.7.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014128.html
 * pinba-engine-mysql 1.1.0-1ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014127.html
 * icingaweb2 2.1.0-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014129.html
 * ganglia-web 3.6.1-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014130.html
 * ampache 3.6-rzb2779+dfsg-0ubuntu9.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014131.html
 * clamav 0.99+dfsg-1ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014132.html
 * pptpd 1.4.0-7ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014133.html
 * percona-xtradb-cluster-5.6 5.6.21-25.8-0ubuntu3.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014134.html
 * linux-firmware 1.157.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014135.html
 * mesa 11.2.0-1ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014136.html
 * xorg-server 2:1.18.3-1ubuntu2.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014137.html
 * juju-mongodb3.2 3.2.4-0ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014138.html
 * sssd 1.13.4-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014139.html
 * aodh 2.0.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014140.html
 * openstack-trove 1:5.1.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014141.html
 * ceilometer 1:6.1.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014142.html
 * makedumpfile 1:1.5.9-5ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014143.html
 * snapd-xdg-open 0.0.0~16.04 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014144.html
 * grub2 2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014145.html
 * grub2-signed 1.66.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014146.html
 * linux-signed 4.4.0-33.52 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014147.html
 * linux 4.4.0-33.52 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014148.html
 * linux-meta 4.4.0.33.35 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014149.html
 * linux_4.4.0-33.52_amd64.tar.gz - -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014150.html
 * linux-raspi2 4.4.0-1019.25 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014151.html
 * linux-meta-raspi2 4.4.0.1019.19 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014152.html
 * linux-snapdragon 4.4.0-1022.25 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014153.html
 * linux-meta-snapdragon 4.4.0.1022.14 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xenial-changes/2016-July/014154.html

End of Life - April 2021

== Subscribe ==

Get your copy of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter delivered each week to
you via email at:

== Archives ==

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

== Additional Ubuntu News ==

 http://insights.ubuntu.com/

and

 http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

== Conclusion ==

== Credits ==

The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:

 * Elizabeth K. Joseph
 * Simon Quigley
 * Chris Sirrs
 * Athul Muralidhar
 * And many others

== Glossary of Terms ==

Other acronyms can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/glossary

== Ubuntu - Get Involved ==

The Ubuntu community consists of individuals and teams, working on
different aspects of the distribution, giving advice and technical
support, and helping to promote Ubuntu to a wider audience. No
contribution is too small, and anyone can help. It's your chance to
get in on all the community fun associated with developing and
promoting Ubuntu. http://community.ubuntu.com/contribute/

Or get involved with the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter team! We always need
summary writers and editors, if you're interested, learn more at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Join

== Feedback ==

This document is maintained by the Ubuntu Weekly News Team. If you
have a story idea or suggestions for the Weekly Newsletter, join the
Ubuntu News Team mailing list at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-news-team and submit
it. Ideas can also be added to the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas. If you'd like to
contribute to a future issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, please
feel free to edit the appropriate wiki page. If you have any technical
support questions, please check
http://community.ubuntu.com/help-information/ for more information on
where to get help.

Except where otherwise noted, this issue of the Ubuntu Weekly
Newsletter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
3.0 License