Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 271

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 21:01:56 UTC 2012

Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 271 for the week June
18 - 24, 2012.

== Links to UWN ==

 * Wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue271

== In This Issue ==

 * More tasks to sink your teeth in
 * New IRC Council Member: Jussi Kekkonen (Tm_T)
 * Ubuntu App Showdown Week 1 Wrap-Up
 * Ubuntu User Days Wrap-up
 * Welcome New Members
 * Ubuntu Stats
 * Launchpad News
 * Ubuntu Cloud 12.04: IT at Web Speed
 * Rick Spencer: Let's Roll with 12.10
 * Collin King:Ubuntu ODM portal
 * Andy Whitcroft: Ubuntu Plus One
 * Jono Bacon: Create Your First App For Ubuntu
 * Fumihito YOSHISA: "Ubunchu!" Comics in store now!
 * Hajime MIZUNO: Ubuntu Introduction Kit 12.04 has been released!
 * Canonical News
 * Ubuntu targets the mainstream
 * Shuttleworth on Ubuntu Linux, Fedora, and the UEFI problem
 * In The Blogosphere
 * Other Articles of Interest
 * Featured Podcasts
 * Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
 * Weekly Official Ubuntu Flavors Team Meetings
 * Monthly Team Reports: May 2012
 * Upcoming Meetings and Events
 * Updates and Security for 8.04, 10.04, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04
 * And much more!

== General Community News ==

=== More tasks to sink your teeth in ===

Daniel Holbach of the Developer News team posts an update for the
"first bug fixing initiative for the quantal release cycle." The post
wraps up with ways to get involved, get in touch and find something
development-focused to work on.

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2012/06/19/more-tasks-to-sink-your-teeth-in/

=== New IRC Council Member: Jussi Kekkonen (Tm_T) ===

Community Council Member Elizabeth Krumbach announces the appointment
of Jussi Kekkonen (Tm_T) to the IRC Council.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-irc/2012-June/001556.html

=== Ubuntu App Showdown Week 1 Wrap-Up ===

David Planella shares, on the Ubuntu app Developer blog, a short
summary about first week of Ubuntu App Showdown. Planella writes that
they ran two days of workshops  with live streaming. Workshops are
recorded and can be seen at
http://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown/workshops/ with more workshops in
next two weeks. The post wraps up with a list of some of the apps that
people are currently  working on.

http://developer.ubuntu.com/2012/06/ubuntu-app-showdown-week-1-wrap-up/

=== Ubuntu User Days Wrap-up ===

On June 23-24th the Ubuntu Classroom team hosted the Ubuntu User Days.
Logs and from this and the version in Spanish (Dia del Usuario Ubuntu)
are shared in this event wrap-up.

http://ubuntuclassroom.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/ubuntu-user-days-wrap-up-3/

=== Welcome New Members ===

Results from the 18 June 2012 Developer Membership Board meeting:

 * Dmitrijs Ledkovs (http://launchpad.net/~dmitrij.ledkov |
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DmitrijsLedkovs) has been approved as an
Ubuntu Core Developer

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2012-June/001584.html

Results from the 21 June 2012 Membership Board meeting:

 * Roman Yepishev (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RomanYepishev |
https://launchpad.net/~rye)
 * Nadeen Spirit (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/nadeen-spirit |
https://launchpad.net/~nadeen-spirit)
 * Nicholas Skaggs (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/balloons |
https://launchpad.net/~nskaggs)
 * Matt Fischer (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MattFischer |
https://launchpad.net/~mfisch)
 * Marc Cluet (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lynxman | https://launchpad.net/~lynxman)
 * Kurt Belgrave (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/trinikrono |
https://launchpad.net/~trinikrono)

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2012-June/001586.html

    * Open (94310) -151 over last week
    * Critical (74) +3  over last week
    * Unconfirmed (48751) +35 over last week

As always, the Bug Squad needs more help. If you want to get started,
please see  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

=== Translation Stats Precise ===

 * English (Australia) (1453) +41 over last week
 * Spanish (10988) -211 over last week
 * English (United Kingdom) (20691) +41 over last week
 * Bosnian (37212) -159 over last week
 * German (46493) +31 over last week

Remaining strings to translate in Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin", see
more at: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/ and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations

=== Ubuntu Brainstorm Top this week ===

 * Always set one predefined keyboard layout for the password request
window - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/29866/
 * a few things about spread mode bug me -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/29867/
 * Sounds for system events. - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/29862/

Ubuntu Brainstorm is a community site geared toward letting you add
your ideas for Ubuntu. You can submit your own idea, or vote for or
against another idea. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

=== Ask Ubuntu Top 5 Questions this week ===

 * How can I easily share the output of a command on a website?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/152371/how-can-i-easily-share-the-output-of-a-command-on-a-website
 * How can I publish my project code online so someone can help me
with it? http://askubuntu.com/questions/154129/how-can-i-publish-my-project-code-online-so-someone-can-help-me-with-it
 * Why don't we have an "unofficial" software center with all the
PPAs? http://askubuntu.com/questions/153404/why-dont-we-have-an-unofficial-software-center-with-all-the-ppas
 * Dropbox install stuck at 99%, how do I fix it? (and any dpkg
errors) http://askubuntu.com/questions/154671/dropbox-install-stuck-at-99-how-do-i-fix-it-and-any-dpkg-errors
 * Is 1GB RAM with integrated graphics sufficient for Unity 3D on
12.04? http://askubuntu.com/questions/153585/is-1gb-ram-with-integrated-graphics-sufficient-for-unity-3d-on-12-04

Ask (and answer!) your own questions at http://askubuntu.com

== Launchpad News ==

=== Pondering how sharing changes project roles ===

Curtis Hovey writes how Launchpad will be changed due to its
forthcoming sharing feature. Hovey states: "Sharing will allow
maintainers to share kinds of information with users and a team. This
feature separates access to private information from bug and branch
subscriptions."

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/pondering-how-sharing-changes-project-roles

=== Privacy and security replaced by information type ===

Curtis Hovey announces how the "information type" section replaces the
"privacy and security" section of bug reports. Hovey states: "This
change allows users to clearly state the kind of information a bug or
branch contains."

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/privacy-and-security-replaced-by-information-type

=== Easily getting information about duplicate bugs in Launchpad ===

Brian Murray shares a story about getting information about duplicate
bugs in Launchpad. Murray had a lot of problems finding the right
information about a bug and its duplicates. As a result of this
struggle he wrote a tool which makes the job easier. Murray states:
"It occurred to me that I really wanted to check all the the
duplicates and see who the reporter was, so I wrote a tool to do just
that."

http://www.murraytwins.com/blog/?p=122

=== Meet John Meinel - Blue Squad leader and Papa Smurf ===

Laura Czajkowski interviews John Meinel, current  Blue squad leader at
Launchpad, about his work on the Launchpad team and at Canonical,
experience with Free Software, favorite features of Launchpad and
more.

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/meet-john-meinel-blue-squad-leader-and-papa-smurf

=== Fixing a simple bug in Launchpad - A screencast ===

Graham Binns shares a screencast about fixing a simple bug in Launchpad.

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/fixing-a-simple-bug-in-launchpad-a-screencast

== Ubuntu Cloud News ==

=== Ubuntu Cloud 12.04: IT at Web Speed ===

A webinar "Ubuntu Cloud 12.04: IT at Web Speed" will be held on June
28th 2012 by Mark Baker. "Baker will discuss the role Ubuntu cloud
plays in modernizing today's infrastructure and enables organizations
to achieve agility."

http://www.canonical.com/about-canonical/news-and-events/events/2012/06/28/live-webinar/ubuntu-cloud-1204-it-web-speed

== The Planet ==

=== Rick Spencer: Let's Roll with 12.10 ===

Rick Spencer shares his thoughts about archive freezing, Alphas and
Betas, and brings some new ideas, including:

 * Stop with alphas and betas and win back all of the development effort
 * Increase the cadence of ISO testing to whatever we want or whatever
the community team can manage
 * Spin a trial ISO near what is now beta time
 * Spin ISOs for release candidates

http://theravingrick.blogspot.com/2012/06/lets-roll-with-1210.html

=== Xubuntu: Xubuntu's default theme gets a refresh for Quantal ===

Simon Steinbeiss shares information about Xubuntu's theme (Greybird)
redesign for 12.10 with regard to color, contrast and desktop
environment still using Gtk2.

http://xubuntu.org/news/xubuntus-default-theme-gets-a-refresh-for-quantal/

=== Collin King:Ubuntu ODM portal ===

Collin King shares information about the new Ubuntu ODM (Original
Design Manufacturer) portal. King states: "A new Ubuntu portal
http://odm.ubuntu.com is a jump-start page containing links to pages
and documents useful for Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs),
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Independent BIOS vendors."

http://smackerelofopinion.blogspot.com/2012/06/ubuntu-odm-portal.html

=== Andy Whitcroft: Ubuntu Plus One ===

Andy Whitcroft shares his thoughts on and experience with the Ubuntu
Plus One team. Whitcroft states: "Overall though it has been a very
positive experience, I have learned a huge amount about the archive
and packaging in the Ubuntu world, and gained a healthy dose of
respect for anyone who voluntarily maintains other peoples packages.
All I can really say is a big thank you to those who look after this
stuff full time, you are made of strong stuff indeed."

http://awhitcroft.blogspot.com/2012/06/ubuntu-plus-one.html

=== Jono Bacon: Create Your First App For Ubuntu ===

Jono Bacon shares a very detailed "How to create your first app for
Ubuntu" tutorial. Bacon states: "In the tutorial I show you how to
create a simple web browser by generating a new project, customizing
the user interface, writing some code, and then generating a package."

http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/06/21/create-your-first-app-for-ubuntu/

=== Jono Bacon: Ubuntu Accomplishments 0.2: One Week Later ===

Jono Bacon reflects upon the recent release of Ubuntu Accomplishments
0.2 and plans for 0.3 release of Ubuntu Accomplishments namely:  web
interface, more coverage of community and desktop accomplishments.

http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/06/21/ubuntu-accomplishments-0-2-one-week-later/

=== Fumihito YOSHISA: "Ubunchu!" Comics in store now! ===

Fumihito Yoshisa shares information about Ubunchu! Comics, Japanese
manga series featuring Ubuntu which is now available in book stores in
Japan.

http://fabric-janitor.blogspot.com/2012/06/ubunchu-comics-in-store-now.html

=== Hajime MIZUNO: Ubuntu Introduction Kit 12.04 has been released! ===

Hajime Mizuno shares information about "Ubuntu introduction Kit" 12.04
release, the kit was first Ubuntu book in Japan whose first release
was in 2006. The new book is available at bookstores in Japan and on
Amazon.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/mizuno-as/20120622/1340382727

=== Michael Casadevall: Announcement of Calxeda Highbank Images for Quantal ===

Michael Casadevall announces that initial images for the Calxeda
Highbank platform are now available for download together with
installation instructions. Casadevall reminds us that Ubuntu 12.10 is
still in the Alpha development, thus it is not recommended for usage
in production and adds "Highbank support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS will be
released as part of the 12.04.1 update in mid-August and will join our
support for ArmadaXP from Marvell, which was released as part of
12.04."

http://ncommander.blogspot.com/2012/06/announcement-of-calxeda-highbank-images.html

== Canonical News ==

=== Dell Extends Ubuntu Retail into India ===

Following the success of computers preloaded with Ubuntu in Chinese
Dell retail stores, Mark Murphy writes that Dell and Canonical now
plan to extend to India, saying "...the program will start with a
widescale roll out to 850 stores across India."

http://blog.canonical.com/2012/06/18/dell-extends-ubuntu-retail-into-india/

=== Another major game platform to support Ubuntu; Unity 4 to support Ubuntu ===

John Pugh shares news that Unity Technologies, the company behind the
popular Unity game engine, announced that their next version will
support publishing to Ubuntu. Pugh writes "For game developers the
gaming engine provides the majority of the technologies required to
deliver a game -- including things like sound, graphics and physics."

http://blog.canonical.com/2012/06/20/another-major-game-platform-to-support-ubuntu-unity-4-to-support-ubuntu/

=== An update on Ubuntu and Secure Boot ===

Jon Melamut shares that Canonical stands by its commitment to support
Secure Boot in the upcoming releases of Ubuntu. "For users who
download Ubuntu directly we are working on a revised bootloader for
12.10 to ensure that Ubuntu continues to provide the "it just works"
experience that our users expect."

http://blog.canonical.com/2012/06/22/an-update-on-ubuntu-and-secure-boot/

== In The Press ==

=== Ubuntu targets the mainstream ===

Tom Henderson, Network/IT World, reviews Ubuntu 12.04 and reports that
it is "a much improved product that spans desktops, servers and the
cloud in a bid to become the cross-platform mainstream product that
Apple's Mac OS might have been." Henderson covers the improvements to
the Unity interface, Ubuntu server cloud support, improvements to
server deployment, MaaS and Virtualization.

http://www.itworld.com/software/281454/ubuntu-targets-mainstream

=== Shuttleworth on Ubuntu Linux, Fedora, and the UEFI problem ===

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols, ZDNet, explores the Unified Extensible
Firmware Interface (UEFI) replacement for BIOS issue with regard to
Linux support by reviewing Red Hat's solution and then sharing
comments from Mark Shuttleworth about the approach for Ubuntu. He
notes that Shuttleworth is not happy with the current approaches and
is quoted as saying "Secure Boot retains flaws in its design that will
ultimately mandate that Microsoft's key is on every PC (because of
core UEFI driver signing). That, and the inability of Secure Boot to
support multiple signatures on critical elements means that options
are limited but we continue to seek a better result."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/shuttleworth-on-ubuntu-linux-fedora-and-the-uefi-problem/11270

== In The Blogosphere ==

 * Building A 96-Core Ubuntu ARM Solar-Powered Cluster -
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mit_cluster_build&num=1
 *  Ubuntu 12.04 Firmware Released for SmartQ T20 Tablet -
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/ubuntu-12-04-firmware-released-for-smartq-t20-tablet
 * Ubuntu Small Business Servers: Canonical, Zentyal Partner Up -
http://www.thevarguy.com/2012/06/20/ubuntu-small-business-servers-canonical-zentyal-partner-up/
 * Puducherry Linux Group Bring Ubuntu to Internet Center -
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/puducherry-linux-group-bring-ubuntu-to-internet-center
 *  Ubuntu App Showdown Progress
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/ubuntu-app-showdown-progress

== Other Articles of Interest ==

 * Debian 7 freeze soon -
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/06/msg00006.html
 * Lightworks is almost ready for Linux release -
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEyMjE
 * Geeking out on hardware is not just about robots anymore -
http://news.cnet.com/8301-32973_3-57455771-296/geeking-out-on-hardware-is-not-just-about-robots-anymore/
 * NVIDIA PR Responds To Torvalds' Harsh Words -
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEyMjk
 * Fast, Faster, Fastest: Linux rules supercomputing -
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/fast-faster-fastest-linux-rules-supercomputing/11263

== Featured Podcasts ==

 * Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo: S05E09 - The Hitch Hikers -
http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2012/06/20/s05e09-the-hitch-hikers/

== Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings ==

 * Kernel Team - June 19, 2012
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Next_Meeting:_Tues.2C_19_June_2012
 * QA Team - June 20, 2012 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings/QA/20120620
 * Desktop Team - June 19, 2012
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2012-06-19
 * Security Team - June 18, 2012
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Security/20120618

== Weekly Official Ubuntu Flavors Team Meetings ==

 * Lubuntu Team - Wednesday June 20, 2012
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Meetings/20120620
 * Xubuntu Team - June 20, 2012
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2012-06-20

== Monthly Team Reports: May 2012 ==

See here for the team report for May 2012:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports/May2012

If your team is not producing monthly reports, see this page to get
your team started:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting

== Upcoming Meetings and Events ==

For upcoming meetings and events please visit the calendars at
fridge.ubuntu.com: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendars/

== Updates and Security for 8.04, 10.04, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04 ==

=== Security Updates ===

 * [USN-1480-1] Raptor vulnerability -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001727.html
 * [USN-1481-1] PHP vulnerabilities -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001728.html
 * [USN-1482-1] ClamAV vulnerabilities -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001729.html
 * [USN-1482-2] ClamAV regression -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001730.html
 * [USN-1463-3] Firefox regressions -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001731.html
 * [USN-1463-4] Thunderbird vulnerabilities -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2012-June/001732.html

=== Ubuntu 8.04 Updates ===

 * linux 2.6.24-31.102 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2012-June/012763.html
 * nagios-plugins 1.4.11-1ubuntu5.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2012-June/012764.html

End of life - April 2013 (Server)

=== Ubuntu 10.04 Updates ===

 * raptor 1.4.21-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012941.html
 * clamav_0.96.5+dfsg-1ubuntu1.10.04.4_sparc_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012942.html
 * firefox 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.10.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012943.html
 * pyfits 1:1.3-3ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012944.html
 * thunderbird 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.10.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012945.html
 * enigmail 2:1.4.2-0ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012946.html
 * python-qt4 4.7.2-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2012-June/012947.html

End of Life - April 2013 (Desktop) - April 2015 (Server)

=== Ubuntu 11.04 Updates ===

 * raptor 1.4.21-2ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012564.html
 * openconnect 2.25-0.1+squeeze1build0.11.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012565.html
 * php5- https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012566.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.11.04.1_amd64_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012567.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.11.04.2_powerpc_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012568.html
 * firefox 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.11.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/natty-changes/2012-June/012569.html

End of Life - October 2012

=== Ubuntu 11.10 Updates ===

 * xen_4.1.1-2ubuntu4.2_i386_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012184.html
 * raptor 1.4.21-5ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012185.html
 * php5_5.3.6-13ubuntu3.8_i386_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012186.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.11.10.1_armel_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012187.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.11.10.2_amd64_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012188.html
 * firefox 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.11.10.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012189.html
 * request-tracker4 4.0.1-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012190.html
 * isc-dhcp 4.1.1-P1-17ubuntu10.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012191.html
 * thunderbird 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.11.10.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012192.html
 * enigmail 2:1.4.2-0ubuntu0.11.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012193.html
 * lightning-extension	1.5~b2+build1-0ubuntu0.11.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012194.html
 * torchat 0.9.9.534-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/oneiric-changes/2012-June/012195.html

End of Life - April 2013

=== Ubuntu 12.04 Updates ===

 * xen_4.1.2-2ubuntu2.1_i386_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016213.html
 * raptor 1.4.21-7ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016214.html
 * apport 2.0.1-0ubuntu10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016215.html
 * libxkbfile 1:1.0.7-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016216.html
 * pyqwt3d 0.1.7~cvs20090625-8ubuntu0.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016217.html
 * logaricheck 0.6.0-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016218.html
 * samba 2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016219.html
 * gnome-settings-daemon 3.4.2-0ubuntu0.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016220.html
 * xdiagnose 2.5.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016221.html
 * dropbear 2011.54-1ubuntu0.12.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016222.html
 * bacula 5.2.5-0ubuntu6.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016223.html
 * software-center 5.2.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016224.html
 * upgrade-system 1.6.1.0+precise1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016225.html
 * lo-menubar 0.1.1-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016226.html
 * gnome-settings-daemon 3.4.2-0ubuntu0.2	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016227.html
 * qwt 6.0.0-1ubuntu1.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016228.html
 * varnish 3.0.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016229.html
 * pyspf 2.0.7-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016230.html
 * gwibber 3.4.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016231.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.12.04.1_armel_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016232.html
 * cron 3.0pl1-120ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016233.html
 * clamav_0.97.5+dfsg-1ubuntu0.12.04.2_armel_translations.tar.gz-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016234.html
 * cairo-dock 3.0.0.1-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016235.html
 * squid3 3.1.19-1ubuntu3.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016236.html
 * firefox 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016237.html
 * linux-meta-ti-omap4 3.2.0.1415.15 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016238.html
 * linux-ti-omap4 3.2.0-1415.20 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016239.html
 * request-tracker4 4.0.4-2ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016240.html
 * gnomeradio 1.8-2ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016241.html
 * foomatic-filters 4.0.16-0ubuntu0.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016242.html
 * gutenprint 5.2.8~pre1-0ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016243.html
 * nss-pam-ldapd 0.8.4ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016244.html
 * ceph 0.41-1ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016245.html
 * ltsp 5.3.7-0ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016246.html
 * xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.7.0-0ubuntu1.2	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016247.html
 * xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse	1:12.9.0-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016248.html
 * libreoffice 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016249.html
 * xchat-gnome	1:0.30.0~git20110821.e2a400-0.2ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016250.html
 * thunderbird 13.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016251.html
 * enigmail 2:1.4.2-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016252.html
 * lightning-extension	1.5~b2+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016253.html
 * virtualbox 4.1.12-dfsg-2ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016254.html
 * python-launchpadlib-toolkit 1.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016255.html
 * gtk+3.0 3.4.2-0ubuntu0.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016256.html
 * nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016257.html
 * libmtp 1.1.3-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016258.html
 * torchat 0.9.9.550-2~build0.12.04.1	-
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016259.html
 * kde4libs 4:4.8.4a-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016260.html
 * meta-kde 5:71~pre15ubuntu12.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016261.html
 * kde-workspace 4:4.8.4a-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016262.html
 * kdepimlibs 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016263.html
 * kactivities 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016264.html
 * kde-baseapps 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016265.html
 * libksane 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016268.html
 * libkipi 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016266.html
 * libkdeedu 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016269.html
 * libkdcraw 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016267.html
 * okular 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016272.html
 * marble 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016270.html
 * kate 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016271.html
 * analitza 4:4.8.4-0ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/precise-changes/2012-June/016273.html

End of Life - April 2017

== Subscribe ==

Get your copy of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter delivered each week to
you via email at:

== Archives ==

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

== Additional Ubuntu News ==

 http://www.ubuntu.com/news

and

 http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

== Conclusion ==

== Credits ==

The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:

 * Elizabeth Krumbach
 * Jasna Bencic
 * mikewhatever
 * Matt Rudge
 * And many others

== Glossary of Terms ==

Other acronyms can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/glossary

== Ubuntu - Get Involved ==

The Ubuntu community consists of individuals and teams, working on
different aspects of the distribution, giving advice and technical
support, and helping to promote Ubuntu to a wider audience. No
contribution is too small, and anyone can help. It's your chance to
get in on all the community fun associated with developing and
promoting Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

== Feedback ==

This document is maintained by the Ubuntu Weekly News Team. If you
have a story idea or suggestions for the Weekly Newsletter, join the
Ubuntu News Team mailing list at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-news-team and submit
it. Ideas can also be added to the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas. If you'd like to
contribute to a future issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, please
feel free to edit the appropriate wiki page. If you have any technical
support questions, please send them to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com.

Except where otherwise noted, this issue of the Ubuntu Weekly
Newsletter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
3.0 License