Ubuntu Weekly newsletter #212

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 27 23:09:59 BST 2010

Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 212 for the week
September 19 - September 25, 2010.

== Links to UWN ==

 * Link to Wiki Page - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue212
 * Link to PDF -
http://people.ubuntu.com/~akgraner/UWN%20PDF%20Issues/UWN_Issue_212.pdf

== In This Issue ==

 * Ubuntu 9.04 reaches end of life
 * Announcing the Ubuntu Application Review Process
 * Taking a Step Back With Fresh Eyes
 * Behind the Circle: Gerfried Fuchs (Rhonda)
 * Ubuntu Stats
 * LoCo News
 * Launchpad News
 * Growing List of Schools Using Ubuntu
 * The Growing Linux Multi-touch Community
 * Edubuntu Makeover
 * Test your might!
 * Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference
 * My experience upgrading UNE 10.04 to Maverick (and yours!)
 * What I do
 * Know of a cool app that deserves more attention? Nominate it for
the next Ubuntu post-install guide!
 * Artwork Team – What are we doing here?
 * Ubuntu Artwork Crisis
 * In The Press
 * In The Blogosphere
 * Canonical Showcases at IDF San Francisco
 * Ubuntu, Canonical Wallow in Muddy Waters with Contributors' Agreements
 * Can Ubuntu Attract More Hardware Partners?
 * Making a Difference; Selling a Difference
 * UCLALUG Fall 2010 Installfest
 * Do you dent or tweet ?
 * Join the openSUSE Conference 2010!
 * OLPC San Francisco Community Summit 2010
 * Full Circle Magazine - Issue #41
 * Featured Podcasts
 * Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
 * Upcoming Meetings and Events
 * Updates and Security
 * UWN Sneak Peek
 * And much much more!

== General Community News ==

=== Ubuntu 9.04 reaches end of life ===

Ubuntu announced its 9.04 release almost 18 months ago, on April 23,
2009. As with the earlier releases, Ubuntu committed to ongoing
security and critical fixes for a period of 18 months. The support
period is now nearing its end and Ubuntu 9.04 will reach end of life
on Friday, October 23, 2010. At that time, Ubuntu Security Notices
will no longer include information or updated packages for Ubuntu
9.04.

The supported upgrade path from Ubuntu 9.04 is via Ubuntu 9.10.
Instructions and caveats for the upgrade may be found at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KarmicUpgrades. Note that upgrades
to version 10.04 LTS and beyond are only supported in multiple steps,
via an upgrade first to 9.10, then to 10.04 LTS. Both Ubuntu 9.10 and
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS continue to be actively supported with security
updates and select high-impact bug fixes. All announcements of
official security updates for Ubuntu releases are sent to the
ubuntu-security-announce mailing list, information about which may be
found at https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-security-announce.

Since its launch in October 2004 Ubuntu has become one of the most
highly regarded Linux distributions with millions of users in homes,
schools, businesses and governments around the world. Ubuntu is Open
Source software, costs nothing to download, and users are free to
customise or alter their software in order to meet their needs.

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2132

=== Announcing the Ubuntu Application Review Process ===

Are you an application developer who would like to see your
application appear in the Ubuntu Software Centerand available by
millions of Ubuntu users? Today we are announcing a new process we are
trialing which is easier and more accessible for application authors
to get their apps in Ubuntu.

Recently we formed a community-driven Application Review Board that is
committed to providing high quality reviews of applications submitted
by application authors to ensure they are safe and work well.
Importantly, only new applications that are not present in an existing
official Ubuntu repository (such as main/universe) are eligible in
this process (e.g a new version of an application in an existing
official repository is not eligible). Also no other software can
depend on the application being submitted (e.g. development libraries
are not eligible), only executable applications (and content that is
part of them) are eligible, and not stand-alone content, documentation
or media, and applications must be Open Source and available under an
OSI approved license.

The process is simple:
 * Prepare your app ready for review.
 * Submit it for review.
 * Await feedback and if the feedback is positive, your application
will be added to the Ubuntu Software Center.
Would you like to learn more about how to get your app in the *Ubuntu
Software Center?

To find out more information go to:

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/09/20/announcing-the-ubuntu-application-review-process/

=== Taking a Step Back With Fresh Eyes ===

Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager writes - Scale is an interesting
thing. It affects all kinds of things. Companies grow and don’t seem
quite the same as they used to. Bands make it big and then they
disappear up their own arses. Restaurants get popular and the food
often starts to go downhill. One way or another, it seems that the old
wives/husbands tale of scale is that when things get bigger, quality
can often suffer.

Jono goes on to say - Like many, I have seen this in the company I
work for (Canonical). I joined Canonical when it was pretty small. We
had an office in London that could only fit about twelve people in it,
I knew everyone, and they all knew me. Things are different now. We
are a big company now with things like HR and Finance departments, we
need a company directory, and we have staff events that have the
echoing resonance of “by eck, there are a lot of people here, I
remember when…“.

Recently my sub-conscious has been pestering me about this. I have
been noticing that while our community continues to grow, which is
awesome, it feels like getting involved is getting more complicated.
We now have hundreds of teams, many different diverse types of
contribution, and a collection of processes and assessment procedures
to ensure we accept quality work into the distribution. If you have no
idea of MOTU/core-dev/PPAs/Daily Builds/Package Sets/Archive Reorg is,
you are probably going to find you have a lot of reading on your
hands.

I want to change this. I want to make it better and easier for people
to participate.

No one is at fault for us having this complexity; it is part of a
passionate community growing every day, but I think we need to take a
step back and take a good hard look at how it feels to get involved if
you are new around here.

To read the article in full  and "Understanding What To Fix" go to:

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/09/23/taking-a-step-back-with-fresh-eyes/

=== Behind the Circle: Gerfried Fuchs (Rhonda) ===

Gerfried Fuchs (Rhonda) discussing using Ubuntu, being a MOTU, being a
contributor to Debican and Ubuntu, ways to improve both the Ubuntu and
Debian communities and more.

To read interview in full go to:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2131

 * Open (80206) +432 over last week
 * Critical (35) +1 over last week
 * Unconfirmed (39774) +684 over last week

As always, the Bug Squad needs more help. If you want to get started,
please see  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

=== Translation Stats Lucid ===

 1. English (United Kingdom) (0) -1 over last week
 2. Spanish (8076) -113 over last week
 3. Brazilian Portuguese (31025) -281 over last week
 4. French (36501) -194 over last week
 5. German (53092) -542 over last week

Remaining strings to translate in Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx", see more
at: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/

=== Ubuntu Brainstorm Top 5 this week ===

 * GNOME System Monitor lacks in-depth information -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25887/
 * Long time between password attempts -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25903/
 * Real-time earth wallpaper - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25886/
 * When folders in Nautilus are named by months, use correct month
sorting Jan-Dec. - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25896/
 * Removing duplicates and better 'dead file' thumbnail management -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25894/

Ubuntu Brainstorm is a community site geared toward letting you add
your ideas for Ubuntu. You can submit your own idea, or vote for or
against another idea. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

=== Top 5 Voted New StackExchange Questions This Week ===

 * http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/questions/4710/|Using sudo su for commands?
 * http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/questions/4571/|Pros and cons of hibernating
 * http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/questions/4502/|How can I find out
why a package was installed?
 * http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/questions/4743/|How do I replace
the MeMenu username with my actual name?
 * http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/questions/4752/|Is Btrfs in
Maverick considered stable?

People Contributing the best questions and answers this week:
http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/users/1859/ndruk|ændrük,
http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/users/270/koushik|koushik,
http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/users/235/jorge-castro|Jorge Castro,
http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/users/449/oli|Oli and
http://ubuntu.stackexchange.com/users/2138/nightwishfan|NightwishFan

== LoCo News ==

=== Kentucky Loco Team Re-approved ===

This month the Kentucky LoCo team was up for renewal. We had 5 of our
members present for the meeting. All in all it went well. The only
negative against us that I saw was that we have not been doing
TeamReports. We have since corrected this by starting this page. The
result was a unanimous approval from the LoCo council members present.
Thanks to all who were there to support the team.

http://etank.bglug.net/2010/09/21/we-are-reapproved/

=== 10.10.10 – Dublin ===

Ubuntu Ireland will be having at least two release parties for
Maverick.  On 10.10.10 we will be having it in Dublin. The day will
kick off with Jimmy Chung’s Chinese Buffet, 8 Eden Quay, Dublin 1 at
13:30 local time on Sunday 10th of October. After food we will move
the party to The Market Bar, Fade Street, Dublin 2 at approximately
15:30, again local time. This is where we will keep an eye on Maverick
Meerkats release using the available WiFi.

http://www.lczajkowski.com/2010/09/21/10-10-10-dublin/

== Launchpad News ==

=== Meet Rob Collins ===

Matthew Revell interviews Rob Collins who recently joined the
Launchpad team. To read more about Rob Collins and what he does on the
Launchpad team go to:

http://blog.launchpad.net/meet-the-devs/meet-rob-collins

=== Making Launchpad more informative ===

Brian Murray writes - Have you ever been subscribed to a bug report
with a lot of duplicates? How about not directly subscribed to the bug
report with the duplicates but one of the duplicates?

I have and thought it would be helpful to know which duplicate I was
subscribed to rather than having to look at every duplicate to see
which one was mine. You can now determine this on edge by mousing over
your name in the “From duplicates” portion of the subscribers portlet.

http://www.murraytwins.com/blog/?p=91

== The Planet ==

=== Belinda Lopez: Growing List of Schools Using Ubuntu  ===

Belinda writes "In case you ever doubt that your work is making a
difference, just take a look at this growing list of schools using
Ubuntu and its derivatives. And an entire project of kids building
their own machines to take home and use after completing class –
impressive!"

http://dindafoss.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/growing-list-of-schools-using-ubuntu/

=== Duncan McGreggor: The Growing Linux Multi-touch Community ===

Duncan observes that not only has there been a growing community with
multitouch and Linux systems, but also with human interaction. He
discusses developments in X.org, PyMT, Qt and GTK, as well as
practical implementations such as touch-screen point of sales systems
and running Ubuntu on a phone.

http://oubiwann.blogspot.com/2010/09/growing-linux-multi-touch-community.html

=== Jordan Mantha: Edubuntu Makeover ===

Jordan Mantha talks the work that was done by Edubuntu community
members Jonathan Carter and Stéphane Graber to get the edubuntu
website relaunched.  He talks about the site being very slick and
in-line with the main Ubuntu website, the new edubuntu.org is much
more community oriented. There are social network badges on the right
side to link users to Edubuntu resources onFacebook, YouTube,
Identi.ca, Twitter. On the left side there is a widget with the latest
Edububtu project status updates on Identi.ca.

http://www.laserjock.us/2010/09/edubuntu-makeover/

=== Jorge Castro: Test your might! ===

Ubuntu on Stack Exchange has become quite popular recently. Many users
have asked questions and received satisfying answers. However, there
are still some unanswered questions. Jorge challenges you to test your
knowledge and try to answer the top voted unanswered questions!

http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/1164226068/test-your-might

=== Paolo Sammicheli: Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference ===

At the last UDS, Paulo met Debian Project Leader Stefano Zacchiroli
and discussed further collaboration between Debian and Ubuntu. Ubuntu
and Debian came together on Software Freedom Day and discussed topics
that included technical topics, marketing and women in free software.

http://xdatap1.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/debian-ubuntu-community-conference-ita-2010/

=== Ara Pulido: My experience upgrading UNE 10.04 to Maverick (and yours!) ===

The Ubuntu Netbook Edition has gone through major changes in the
Maverick release cycle. It will ship with Unity, a new user interface
developed by Canonical. Designing an upgrade system for a system that
changed a lot can be quite challenging. Ara decided to test the
upgrade process from Lucid to Maverick and wrote up a great summary.

http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/upgrading-une-maverick/

=== Ahmed Kamal: what I do ===

Being the newest member of the "horsemen" team having joined a little
over a month now, I feel like I haven't done enough yet. Ahmed talks
about the things he has been up to the last couple of months.  To find
out more go to:

http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-i-do.html

=== Danny Piccirillo: Know of a cool app that deserves more attention?
Nominate it for the next Ubuntu post-install guide! ===

A year ago i saw a lack of easy to understand yet comprehensive
getting started guides for new users, so i decided to make one. I
spent hours reviewing software, taking screenshots, and other exciting
stuff in order to make a post-install guide which helps new users get
used to and understand Ubuntu, and also recommend all sorts of apps
that may be of interest to users of any level of experience. Please
subscribe if you want to catch my next one!

Now it seems only appropriate to let all of you to nominate your
favorite apps to be featured in the next iteration of my Ubuntu
post-install guides. Just post a comment with as much information
about the app(s) as possible: name, link, description, your opinion,
etc. and i'll check it out!

http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2010/09/know-of-cool-app-that-deserves-more.html

=== John Baer: Artwork Team – What are we doing here? ===

Vishnoo posted a thread to the Ubuntu Artwork List asking the question
– what are we doing here?

This thread was in response to an earlier thread by Saleel Velankar
submitted to the Ayatana list titled “Community Artwork and Lessons
learned from Gaia10″ where he describes his “art” experience with the
Gaia10 project this past summer.

I am amazed at the high quality artwork produced by Canonical for
Ubuntu which permits Ubuntu to complete against other commercial
products such as OSX and Windows. The problem is these products are
created and release with little if any community involvement.

Inclusion and exclusion are strong team motivators and my guess is
right now the Artwork team is feeling “benched” and excluded from the
rest of the community.

http://www.projblog.com/?p=1685

=== Thorsten Wilms: Ubuntu Artwork Crisis ===

Thorsten Wilms talks about the issue of people not being happy with
the state of the Ubuntu Artwork team and takes a moment to post about
the following areas:

 * First post
 * Motivation
 * Discussions
 * Direction
 * Design Team
 * Wallpapers
 * Mockups
 * What works?
 * What else?

For more information and to read the article in full go to:

http://thorwil.wordpress.com/?p=1062

== In The Press ==

=== You In Ubuntu: You're Invited to Ubuntu App Developer Week -
Monday, September 27, 2010 - Friday, October 1, 2010 ===

Do you want to learn more about developing applications in Ubuntu?
Join in on Ubuntu App Developer Week starting Monday, September 27,
2010.

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/content/view/full/1402

=== Ubuntu 'not necessarily competing' with Windows 7 ===

Paul Holt, Canonical, Director Corporate Sales, talks to the
Westminster eForum on open-source software in business and government.
 Ubuntu is not in direct competition with Windows 7 in the desktop
operating system market, according to a top Canonical executive.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/desktop-os/2010/09/23/ubuntu-not-necessarily-competing-with-windows-7-40090229/

=== Fglrx Finally Works With Ubuntu 10.10 (Xorg 1.9, Kernel 2.6.35/36) [ATI] ===

Fglrx was updated yesterday in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and
what's special about this is that it finally supports Xorg 1.9 and
2.6.35 kernel. Up until now, ATI users who've tried to install Fglrx
or upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 would get a blank screen.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=142133

=== Handsfree Ubuntu ===

Ubuntu developer Canonical is experimenting with new hardware sensors
as it looks at computing beyond the keyboard and mouse. All computer
users are used to controlling their desktop with a mouse and keyboard.
But how about controlling your PC without using your hands at all and
just using your body?

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141888

== Belgium Political party votes Ubuntu ==

Osur.eu reports: Ecolo, a green political party in Belgium, is
planning to complete its move to a complete open source desktop system
by the end of 2011. On the 220 workstations in its main office, it
will gradually replace the underlying operating system to Ubuntu
Linux, says Sebastien Bollingh, the party's ICT manager.

http://www.osor.eu/news/be-political-party-moving-to-a-complete-open-source-desktop

== In The Blogosphere ==

=== Mark Shuttleworth: A kind invitation ===

The openSUSE board has extended an invitation to the openSUSE
conference happening on 20-23 October. One of the themes of the
openSUSE conference this year is "Collaboration Across Borders" in
free and open source software communities, administration and
development. Mark notes that he himself wouldn't be able to make it,
but would sponsor an Ubuntu community member who would be able to.

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/529

=== Canonical Design Blog: Initial Hebrew Trials ===

The Ubuntu design team have started initial work on Hebrew support in
the upcoming Ubuntu font. Bruno links to a PDF that that illustrates
how they arrived at certain proportions. Even though it's still early
work in progress, Bruno also makes a call for feedback for further
improvements.

http://design.canonical.com/2010/09/intial-hebrew-trials/

== In Other News ==

=== Canonical Showcases at IDF San Francisco ===

Canonical showcased new products at the Intel Developer Forum last
week. The Canonical stand had demonstrations for Ubuntu Light, Ubuntu
Netbook Edition 10.04 and the Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (UEC)
proposition. The hardware on show highlighted the breadth of services
on offer leading up to the end of the year and the work with Intel on
the UEC product in particular, was testament to the commitment shown
by the project teams from both companies to provide a full enterprise
solution. This is the third year Canonical have had a booth at IDF,
following on from Mark Shuttleworth’s Keynote speech in 2009.
Canonical continue to work with Intel and hardware partners to enable
Ubuntu to be not only a Windows alternative but a real Operating
System of choice for end users in both mature and developing markets.

http://voices.canonical.com/marketing/?p=104

=== Ubuntu, Canonical Wallow in Muddy Waters with Contributors' Agreements ===

If you believe everything you read on the Internet, then Canonical,
the company behind the Ubuntu distribution, can't do anything right.
Part of the reason for this attitude is that, because of Ubuntu's
popularity, Canonical is under a scrutiny so intense that every fault
is magnified. Another part of the reason is that Canonical is visibly
struggling with balancing its commercial efforts with being a
corporate citizen of free and open source software (FOSS).

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3904526/Ubuntu-Canonical-Wallow-in-Muddy-Waters-with-Contributors-Agreements.htm

=== Can Ubuntu Attract More Hardware Partners? ===

Canonical, promoter of the Ubuntu Linux, is hosting an Ubuntu Hardware
Summit for PC partners on Sept. 24. The big news involves uTouch and a
dual-boot strategy vs. Windows. The big question: Can Canonical
convince more PC and mobile device makers to embrace Ubuntu amid
rising competition from Google Android?

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=142043

=== Making a Difference; Selling a Difference ===

See the difference? A few days ago, Mark Shuttleworth took some time
to address critics who scoff at Canonical's contributions to GNOME and
the Linux kernel itself by sharing his thoughts on the subject in his
personal blog. The post, titled "Reflections on Ubuntu, Canonical and
the march to free software adoption", reflecting on Canonical and
Ubuntu's contributions to the world of free and open source software.
There are a couple of interesting stories, some obvious
rationalization, some genuine insights, and more than a few nods to
the various forces that come together to create a Linux distribution.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141980

=== UCLALUG Fall 2010 Installfest ===

UCLALUG is happy to announce the 2010 Fall LUG Installfest. It will
happen on Saturday, October 2, 2010 at Boelter Hall 4760 in UCLA, from
10am to 4pm. Non-students are encouraged to attend, but we cannot
offer parking (parking lots are $10 a day but you may find your luck
with street parking). Bring your laptop, desktop, and/or your favorite
Linux distribution. We're looking for both attendees and volunteers.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-September/003017.html

=== Do you dent or tweet ? ===

Just a simple question to my blog readers and the Ubuntu community to
test the wordpress WP-Poll plugin.
Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site
to participate in this post's poll.
Do you dent or tweet ? is a post from: Pourquoi pas !!

http://blog.nizarus.org/?p=738

=== Join the openSUSE Conference 2010! ===

In less than one month, people from all around the world will gather
for the openSUSE Conference 2010! It will be in Nuremberg (Germany),
from October 20th to 23rd, and the program is full of promises. So
don't wait and go straight to the registration form (it's obviously
free)!

http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2010/09/23/Join-the-openSUSE-Conference-2010%21

=== OLPC San Francisco Community Summit 2010 ===

OLPC SF Community Summit 2010 is a community event that brings
together educators, technologists, anthropologists, enthusiasts,
champions and volunteers. We share stories, exchange ideas, solve
problems, foster community and build collaboration around the One
Laptop per Child project and its mission worldwide.

The event is a combination of panel discussions, “Birds of a Feather”
sessions, speed-geeking and much more! The event is hosted by the OLPC
San Francisco volunteer community.

Registration is now open, register now! http://olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/

http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=3431

=== Full Circle Magazine - Issue #41 ===

Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community
are proud to announce the release of our forty-first issue.

This month:
 * Command and Conquer.
 * How-To : Program in Python - Part 15, Virtualize Part 4 - FreeBSD,
and Run A Business With Ubuntu.
 * Review - TuxGuitar.
 * Top 5 - Ways To Run Windows Apps.

plus: MOTU/Loco/Translation Interviews, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion,
MyStory, and much much more!

Get it while it's hot! - http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-41

== Featured Podcasts ==

=== Full Circle Podcast #11: A Painful Washing Experience ===

In this episode, testing the Meerkat; also Android 2.2, Nexus One and
Spotify. Our opinion on neck-beards and imitation as a form of
flattery. On gaming, it’s Sauerbraten Justice, Quake Live, Rage and
the Steam pantomime.

 * MP3 podcast here: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
 * OGG podcast here: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom

For More information on this Podcast and Full Circle Magazine go to:

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2010/09/24/full-circle-podcast-11-a-painful-washing-experience/

=== At Home With Jono Bacon ===

This is the link to the Ubuntu Community Manager's (Jono Bacon) weekly
videocast. Jono takes any and all questions from the community about
all things Ubuntu and more.

If you missed last weeks episode you can find it at:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9750922

For more information about At Home with Jono Bacon go to:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/at-home-with-jono-bacon

== Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings ==

 * Ubuntu Desktop Team Meeting Minutes for September 21st, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2010-09-21
 * Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting Minutes from September 21st, 1010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100921
 * Ubuntu Server Team Meeting Minutes for September 21st, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100921
 * Ubuntu Kernel Team Meeting Minutes for September 21st, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting/2010-09-21
 * Ubuntu Foundations Team Meeting Minutes for September 22nd, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/0922
 * Ubuntu Release Team Meeting Minutes for September 24th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-09-24

== Upcoming Meetings and Events ==

=== Tuesday, 28 September 2010 ===

==== Asia - Oceania RMB Meeting ====

 * Start: 10:00 UTC
 * End: 11:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania

==== Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 13:00 UTC
 * End: 14:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting

==== Ubuntu App Developer Week (UADW) ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-classroom and
#ubuntu-classroom-chat on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek

==== Desktop Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 16:30 UTC
 * End: 17:30 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-desktop on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting

==== Kernel Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: Not listed as of publication

=== Wednesday, 29 September 2010 ===

==== Ubuntu App Developer Week (UADW) ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-classroom and
#ubuntu-classroom-chat on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek

==== Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team meeting ====

 * Start: 15:00 UTC
 * End: 16:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda:  Found under
https:/wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/YYYY/MMDD * Info:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam

==== QA Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-quality on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings/

==== Jono Bacon @ Home Videocast : Various Topics and Q+A ====

 * Start: 18:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/at-home-with-jono-bacon
 * Agenda: This is a weekly videocast by the Ubuntu Community Manager,
Jono Bacon in which he discusses a range of topics and also provides a
regular weekly Q+A.

==== Edubuntu Meeting ====

 * Start: 19:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Meetings/Agenda

=== Thursday, 30 September 2010 ===

==== Ayatana UX team meeting ====

 * Start: 12:00 UTC
 * End: 12:30 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: * Introductions * Review team charter * Organize first UX
activity * Brainstorm future UX activities

==== Ubuntu App Developer Week (UADW) ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-classroom and
#ubuntu-classroom-chat on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek

=== Friday, 1 October 2010 ===

==== Ubuntu App Developer Week (UADW) ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-classroom and
#ubuntu-classroom-chat on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek

==== Maverick Weekly Release Meeting ====

 * Start: 15:00 UTC
 * End: 16:30 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/Agenda

=== Saturday, 2 October 2010 ===

==== Introduction to Python: Part 3 ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: #ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode.net
 * Agenda: none listed as of time of publication

=== Sunday, 3 October 2010 ===

None listed as of time of publication

=== Monday, 4 October 2010 ===

==== Security Team Catch-up ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 17:30 UTC
 * Location: Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: nothing formal, just a weekly catch-up. Weekly Ubuntu
Security Team catch-up meeting. Anyone is welcome to join if they want
to watch, contribute, etc.

== Updates and Security for 6.06, 8.04, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 ==

=== Security Updates ===

 * USN-986-1: bzip2 vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-986-1
 * USN-986-2: ClamAV vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-986-2
 * USN-986-3: dpkg vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-986-3
 * USN-989-1: PHP vulnerabilities - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-989-1
 * USN-990-1: OpenSSL vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-990-1
 * USN-990-2: Apache vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-990-2
 * USN-991-1: quassel vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-991-1

=== Ubuntu 6.06 Updates ===

 * dump 0.4b41-2ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/dapper-changes/2010-September/012869.html
 * dpkg 1.13.11ubuntu7.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/dapper-changes/2010-September/012870.html
 * clamav 0.95.3+dfsg-1ubuntu0.09.04~dapper4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/dapper-changes/2010-September/012871.html
 * bzip2 1.0.3-0ubuntu2.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/dapper-changes/2010-September/012872.html
 * php5 5.1.2-1ubuntu3.19 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/dapper-changes/2010-September/012873.html

=== Ubuntu 8.04 Updates ===

 * dump 0.4b41-5ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012543.html
 * dpkg 1.14.16.6ubuntu4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012544.html
 * clamav 0.95.3+dfsg-1ubuntu0.09.04~hardy2.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012545.html
 * bzip2 1.0.4-2ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012546.html
 * adobe-flashplugin 10.1.85.3-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012547.html
 * flashplugin-nonfree 10.0.1.218+really9.0.283.0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012548.html
 * linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24 2.6.24.18-28.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012549.html
 * linux-restricted-modules-envy-2.6.24 2.6.24.503-503.32 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012550.html
 * apache2-mpm-itk 2.2.6-01-1build3.10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012551.html
 * linux-restricted-modules-envy-2.6.24 2.6.24.503-503.33 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012552.html

=== Ubuntu 9.04 Updates ===

 * dump 0.4b41-6ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010145.html
 * dpkg 1.14.24ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010146.html
 * clamav 0.95.3+dfsg-1ubuntu0.09.04.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010147.html
 * bzip2 1.0.5-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010148.html
 * adobe-flashplugin 10.1.85.3-1jaunty1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010149.html
 * flashplugin-nonfree 10.1.85.3ubuntu0.9.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010150.html
 * fglrx-installer 2:8.600-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010151.html
 * apache2-mpm-itk 2.2.6-02-1build4.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010152.html
 * quassel 0.4.1-0ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010153.html

=== Ubuntu 9.10 Updates ===

 * php5 5.2.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu6.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012475.html
 * dump 0.4b42-1ubuntu0.9.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012476.html
 * dpkg 1.15.4ubuntu2.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012477.html
 * clamav 0.95.3+dfsg-1ubuntu0.09.10.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012478.html
 * bzip2 1.0.5-3ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012479.html
 * adobe-flashplugin 10.1.85.3-1karmic1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012480.html
 * flashplugin-nonfree 10.1.85.3ubuntu0.9.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012481.html
 * fglrx-installer 2:8.660-0ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012482.html
 * linux-mvl-dove 2.6.31-214.32 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012483.html
 * linux-ec2 2.6.31-307.20 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012484.html
 * linux 2.6.31-22.66 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012485.html
 * quassel 0.5.0-0ubuntu1.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012486.html

=== Ubuntu 10.04 Updates ===

 * dump 0.4b42-1ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011730.html
 * clamav 0.96.1+dfsg-0ubuntu0.10.04.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011731.html
 * bzip2 1.0.5-4ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011732.html
 * php5 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011733.html
 * openoffice.org 1:3.2.1-6ubuntu2~10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011734.html
 * tar 1.22-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011735.html
 * dpkg 1.15.5.6ubuntu4.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011736.html
 * adobe-flashplugin 10.1.85.3-1lucid1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011737.html
 * flashplugin-nonfree 10.1.85.3ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011738.html
 * coreutils 7.4-2ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011739.html
 * fglrx-installer 2:8.723.1-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011740.html
 * quassel 0.6.1-0ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011741.html

=== Ubuntu 10.10 Updates ===

 * openoffice.org 1:3.2.1-6ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007909.html
 * duplicity 0.6.10-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007910.html
 * inkscape 0.48.0-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007911.html
 * luatex 0.60.1-1build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007912.html
 * evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007913.html
 * euca2ools 1.2-0ubuntu11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007914.html
 * ubuntu-docs 10.10.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007915.html
 * gst-plugins-good0.10 0.10.25-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007916.html
 * software-center 2.1.22.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007917.html
 * software-center 2.1.22.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007918.html
 * python-apt 0.7.96.1ubuntu11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007919.html
 * libcpan-meta-perl 2.101670-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007920.html
 * ubuntu-restricted-addons 2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007921.html
 * evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007922.html
 * app-install-data-ubuntu 0.10.10.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007923.html
 * gnome-power-manager 2.31.92-0ubunntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007924.html
 * gnome-control-center 1:2.31.92.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007925.html
 * metacity 1:2.30.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007935.html
 * moon 2.3-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007926.html
 * gnome-terminal 2.31.91-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007927.html
 * eog 2.31.92-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007928.html
 * tomboy 1.3.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007929.html
 * alacarte 0.13.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007930.html
 * squid3 3.1.6-1.1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007932.html
 * lives 1.3.10-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007933.html
 * mysql-cluster-7.0 7.0.9-1ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007934.html
 * software-properties 0.76.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007931.html
 * computer-janitor 2.0.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007936.html
 * ubuntu-restricted-addons 3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007937.html
 * libhtml-formfu-perl 0.07001-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007938.html
 * ltsp-cluster-lbagent 2.0.2-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007939.html
 * ltsp-cluster-accountmanager 2.0.3-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007940.html
 * ejabberd 2.1.5-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007941.html
 * libaqbanking 4.2.4-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007942.html
 * ndiswrapper 1.56-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007943.html
 * turtleart 98-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007944.html
 * packagekit 0.6.8-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007945.html
 * kpackagekit 0.6.1+svn1176533-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007946.html
 * wcalc 2.4-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007948.html
 * mpfi 1.3.4~rc4~cvs20080519-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007949.html
 * lcalc 0.0.20080205-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007947.html
 * gretl 1.9.0-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007952.html
 * ghdl 0.29+gcc4.3.4+dfsg-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007950.html
 * genius 1.0.9-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007951.html
 * gcc-mingw32 4.4.4-0.1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007953.html
 * fplll 2.1.6+20071129-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007954.html
 * php5 5.3.3-1ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007955.html
 * adobe-flashplugin 10.1.85.3-1maverick1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007956.html
 * bughugger 10.09 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007957.html
 * dell-recovery 0.70 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007958.html
 * koffice 1:2.2.2-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007959.html
 * ureadahead 0.100.0-8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007960.html
 * vala 0.10.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007961.html
 * jasper-initramfs 0.28 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007962.html
 * libgee 0.5.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007963.html
 * libgnomekbd 2.31.92-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007964.html
 * libvirt 0.8.3-1ubuntu12 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007965.html
 * synaptic 0.63.1ubuntu14 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007966.html
 * eucalyptus 2.0+bzr1241-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007967.html
 * rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store 0.1.6-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007968.html
 * ubuntuone-client 1.4.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007969.html
 * media-player-info 9-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007970.html
 * kdesdk 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007971.html
 * bughugger 10.09.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007973.html
 * flashplugin-nonfree 10.1.85.3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007972.html
 * armel-cross-toolchain-base 1.48 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007974.html
 * f-spot 0.8.0-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007975.html
 * libvpx 0.9.2-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007976.html
 * totem-plugin-arte 0.9.1-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007977.html
 * linux-linaro 2.6.35-1006.12 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007978.html
 * ubuntu-netbook-default-settings 0.8.10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007979.html
 * intel-microcode 0.20100826-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007980.html
 * evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007981.html
 * gsfonts 1:8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44-4.2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007982.html
 * libosip2 3.3.0-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007983.html
 * kamoso 1.0.5-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007984.html
 * libexosip2 3.3.0-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007985.html
 * kdesdk 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007986.html
 * quassel 0.7.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007987.html
 * linphone 3.3.2-2ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007988.html
 * koffice 1:2.2.2-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007989.html
 * mesa 7.9~git20100909-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007990.html
 * plywood 0.5.11+nmu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007991.html
 * mock 1.0.8-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007993.html
 * bug-buddy 2.31.92-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007992.html
 * libgdchart-gd2 0.11.5-7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007994.html
 * llvm-2.8 2.8~20100921-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007995.html
 * plasma-mobile 0.0~svn20100830-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007996.html
 * python-imaging 1.1.7-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007997.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007998.html
 * pencil 0.4.4b-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/007999.html
 * kde-style-bespin 0.1~svn100126-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008000.html
 * grub2 1.98+20100804-5ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008001.html
 * cheese 2.31.92-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008002.html
 * swt-gtk 3.5.1+versionbump-5ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008003.html
 * espeak 1.44.05~really-1.44.04-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008004.html
 * pidgin 1:2.7.3-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008005.html
 * gnome-bluetooth 2.31.90-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008006.html
 * libubuntuone 0.3.8-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008007.html
 * app-install-data-partner 12.10.10.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008008.html
 * xserver-xorg-video-geode 2.11.9-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008009.html
 * gnome-session 2.31.6-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008010.html
 * software-center 2.1.22.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008011.html
 * opengtl 0.9.14-0ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008012.html
 * compiz 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008013.html
 * update-manager 1:0.142.14 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008014.html
 * ec2-api-tools 1.3.57419-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008015.html
 * ghostscript 8.71.dfsg.2-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008016.html
 * kradio 4.0.0-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008017.html
 * guake 0.4.2-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008018.html
 * ptouch-driver 1.3-0ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008020.html
 * spring-engine 0.81.2-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008019.html
 * poppler-sharp 0.0.1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008023.html
 * clang 2.8~20100921-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008021.html
 * armel-cross-toolchain-base 1.49 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008022.html
 * pdfmod 0.8.3-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008024.html
 * dragonegg 2.8~20100921-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008025.html
 * llvm-gcc-4.2 2.8~20100911-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008026.html
 * deluge 1.3.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008027.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008028.html
 * dell-recovery 0.71 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008029.html
 * libflexdock-java 0.5.2-dfsg1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008030.html
 * llvm-defaults 0.2ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008031.html
 * freeciv 2.2.1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008033.html
 * exaile 0.3.2.0-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008032.html
 * ubuntustudio-meta 0.74 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008034.html
 * audacity 1.3.12-7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008036.html
 * pdfmod 0.8.3-1build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008035.html
 * media-player-info 10-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008037.html
 * puppet 2.6.1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008038.html
 * transmission 2.04-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008039.html
 * landscape-client 1.5.5.1-0ubuntu0.10.10.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008043.html
 * thunderbird 3.1.4+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008040.html
 * firefox 3.6.10+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008041.html
 * telepathy-butterfly 0.5.14-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008042.html
 * armel-cross-toolchain-base 1.50 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008044.html
 * gcc-4.5-armel-cross 1.38 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008045.html
 * guayadeque 0.2.7-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008046.html
 * cnetworkmanager 0.21.1-1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008047.html
 * light-themes 0.1.8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008049.html
 * foomatic-db 20100915-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008048.html
 * musescore 0.9.6.2+dfsg-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008050.html
 * kubuntu-notification-helper 10.10ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008051.html
 * hplip 3.10.6-1ubuntu10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008052.html
 * base-installer 1.107ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008053.html
 * gutenprint 5.2.6-0ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008054.html
 * app-install-data-ubuntu 0.10.10.6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008055.html
 * splix 2.0.0+20100802-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008056.html
 * openshot 1.2.1-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008057.html
 * kdeutils 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008058.html
 * cairo-dock 2.2.0~2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008059.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008060.html
 * cairo-dock-plug-ins 2.2.0~2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008061.html
 * xfce4-indicator-plugin 0.0.1-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008062.html
 * ptouch-driver 1.3-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008063.html
 * postgresql-common 111 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008064.html
 * kde4libs 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008065.html
 * xubuntu-artwork 10.10.6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008066.html
 * ldc 0.9.2+hg1655-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008067.html
 * genius 1.0.9-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008068.html
 * haskell-llvm 0.8.0.2-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008069.html
 * squid 2.7.STABLE9-2ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008070.html
 * apt 0.8.3ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008071.html
 * libvirt 0.8.3-1ubuntu13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008072.html
 * mozilla-devscripts 0.24 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008073.html
 * skyeye 1.2.5-2.1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008074.html
 * xserver-xorg-input-synaptics 1.2.2-2ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008075.html
 * ubuntu-sugar-remix-meta 0.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008077.html
 * ooo-thumbnailer 0.2-5ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008076.html
 * cups 1.4.4-6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008078.html
 * libindicator 0.3.14-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008079.html
 * indicator-applet 0.4.6-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008080.html
 * libdbusmenu 0.3.16-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008081.html
 * indicator-datetime 0.0.6-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008082.html
 * indicator-me 0.2.10-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008083.html
 * indicator-session 0.2.10-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008084.html
 * indicator-sound 0.4.7-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008085.html
 * utouch-grail 1.0.14-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008086.html
 * indicator-appmenu 0.0.12-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008087.html
 * indicator-application 0.2.9-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008088.html
 * unity-place-files 0.5.26-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008089.html
 * fglrx-installer 2:8.780-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008090.html
 * unity 0.2.42-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008091.html
 * unity-place-applications 0.2.22-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008092.html
 * bamf 0.2.54-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008093.html
 * nautilus 1:2.31.92-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008094.html
 * gnome-bluetooth 2.31.90-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008095.html
 * evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008096.html
 * clutk 0.3.60-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008097.html
 * ubuntu-sso-client 1.0.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008098.html
 * couchdb 1.0.1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008099.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008100.html
 * u-boot-linaro 2010.09~rc1.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008101.html
 * gwibber 2.31.95-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008102.html
 * software-center 3.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008103.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008104.html
 * mixxx 1.8.0.1~dfsg-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008105.html
 * libcairo-perl 1.070-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008106.html
 * alsa-utils 1.0.23-2ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008107.html
 * dovecot 1:1.2.12-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008108.html
 * unity 0.2.42-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008109.html
 * libwnck 1:2.30.4-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008110.html
 * flash-kernel 2.28ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008111.html
 * kdeplasma-addons 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008112.html
 * evolution-data-server 2.30.3-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008113.html
 * gtk2-engines-murrine 0.98.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008114.html
 * udisks 1.0.1+git20100614-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008115.html
 * upower 0.9.5-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008116.html
 * nvidia-common 0.2.24 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008117.html
 * jockey 0.5.10-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008118.html
 * libdbusmenu-qt 0.6.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008119.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008120.html
 * predict 2.2.3-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008121.html
 * qt4-x11 4:4.7.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008122.html
 * ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu 26 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008123.html
 * apt-xapian-index 0.39ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008124.html
 * amarok 2:2.3.2-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008125.html
 * jasper-initramfs 0.30 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008126.html
 * jasper-initramfs 0.29 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008127.html
 * rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store 0.1.7-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008128.html
 * magicicada 0.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008130.html
 * qtcreator 2.0.1-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008129.html
 * nanny 2.29.4-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008131.html
 * python-distutils-extra 2.22-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008132.html
 * mixxx 1.8.0.1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008133.html
 * indicator-messages 0.3.11-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008134.html
 * indicator-network 0.2.13-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008135.html
 * unity 0.2.42-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008136.html
 * prevu 1:0.5.2-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008137.html
 * lvm2 2.02.54-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008138.html
 * hardinfo 0.5.1-1.1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008139.html
 * lxpanel 0.5.6-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008140.html
 * lubuntu-artwork 0.9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008141.html
 * ubuntustudio-meta 0.75 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008142.html
 * ubufox 0.9~rc2-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008143.html
 * libgdchart-gd2 0.11.5-7ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008144.html
 * mythtv 0.23.1+fixes26437-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008145.html
 * mythexport 2.2.1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008146.html
 * indicator-appmenu 0.0.13-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008147.html
 * gnome-menus 2.30.3-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008148.html
 * appmenu-gtk 0.1.9-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008149.html
 * xine-lib 1.1.18.1-4ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008150.html
 * brasero 2.31.92-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008151.html
 * sessioninstaller 0.20+bzr115-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008152.html
 * gdk-pixbuf 2.21.7-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008153.html
 * hamster-applet 2.31.92-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008154.html
 * qtwebkit-source 2.0.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008155.html
 * pm-utils 1.4.1-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008156.html
 * compiz 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008157.html
 * telepathy-mission-control-5 1:5.6.0-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008158.html
 * gwibber 2.31.95-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008159.html
 * dkms 2.1.1.2-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008160.html
 * udev 162-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008161.html
 * plymouth 0.8.2-2ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008162.html
 * axis 1.4-12ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008163.html
 * language-selector 0.6.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008164.html
 * calendarserver 2.4.dfsg-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008166.html
 * twisted-calendarserver 8.2.0.svn27622-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008165.html
 * cloud-utils 0.16ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008167.html
 * ia32-libs 20090808ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008168.html
 * cacti 0.8.7g-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008169.html
 * mysql-cluster-7.0 7.0.9-1ubuntu10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008170.html
 * libcrypt-openssl-x509-perl 1.4-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008171.html
 * mpfi 1.5-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008172.html
 * gutenprint 5.2.6-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008174.html
 * openshot 1.2.2-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008173.html
 * pympd 0.07-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008175.html
 * request-tracker3.8 3.8.8-4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008176.html
 * systemtap 1.3-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008177.html
 * vzctl 3.0.24-7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008178.html
 * libhx 3.4-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008179.html
 * ubuntu-dev-tools 0.103 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008180.html
 * gnome-keyring 2.92.92.is.2.31.91-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008181.html
 * livecd-rootfs 1.151 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008182.html
 * erlang 1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008183.html
 * nvidia-graphics-drivers 256.53-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008184.html
 * memtest86+ 4.10-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008185.html
 * ubuntuone-client 1.4.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008186.html
 * openssl 0.9.8o-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008187.html
 * sysvinit 2.87dsf-4ubuntu18 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008188.html
 * ibus-unikey 0.5-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008189.html
 * fglrx-installer 2:8.780-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008190.html
 * lightning-extension 1.0~b2+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008191.html
 * player 3.0.1+dfsg-1.1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008192.html
 * ibus-client-clutter 0.0+git20090728.a936bacf-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008193.html
 * clutter-imcontext 0.1.4-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008194.html
 * awn-extras-applets 0.4.0+bzr1372-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008197.html
 * dovecot 1:1.2.12-1ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008195.html
 * apache-mime4j 0.6-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008196.html
 * shogun 0.9.3-4ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008198.html
 * xmame 0.106-3.1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008199.html
 * lubuntu-artwork 0.10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008200.html
 * gfarm2fs 1.1.1-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008201.html
 * meta-gnome2 1:2.28+1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008202.html
 * getfem++ 4.1-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008203.html
 * yazpp 1.2.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008204.html
 * spring 0.82.5.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008205.html
 * kdeplasma-addons 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008206.html
 * idzebra 2.0.44-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008207.html
 * qalculate-kde 0.9.7-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008208.html
 * paste 1.7.4-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008209.html
 * kpackagekit 0.6.1+svn1176533-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008210.html
 * libvirt 0.8.3-1ubuntu14 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008211.html
 * gst-plugins-good0.10 0.10.25-4ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008212.html
 * software-center 3.0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008213.html
 * flash-kernel 2.28ubuntu10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008214.html
 * lightning-extension 1.0~b2+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008215.html
 * open-vm-tools 2010.06.16-268169-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008216.html
 * ubuntu-extras-keyring 2010.09.17 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008217.html
 * kwave 0.8.5-1-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008218.html
 * kmplayer 1:0.11.2b-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008219.html
 * unity-asset-pool 0.8.18-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008220.html
 * qvamps 0.98-0.0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008221.html
 * totem 2.31.90-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008222.html
 * unity 0.2.44-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008223.html
 * couchdb 1.0.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008224.html
 * upower 0.9.5-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008225.html
 * ubuntu-dev-tools 0.104 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008226.html
 * nautilus-image-converter 0.3.0-3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008227.html
 * audacious 2.4.0-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008228.html
 * roxterm 1.18.5-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008230.html
 * aqualung 0.9~beta11-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008229.html
 * audacious-plugins 2.4.0-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008231.html
 * screen-resolution-extra 0.14 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008232.html
 * mythbuntu-live-autostart 0.50-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008233.html
 * libdvdread 4.1.3-10ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008234.html
 * mit-scheme 9.0.1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008236.html
 * llvm-2.8 2.8~20100921-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008235.html
 * kbib 0.6.5-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008237.html
 * opencv 2.1.0-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008238.html
 * debian-science 0.10ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008239.html
 * freej 0.10git20100110-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008240.html

== UWN Translations ==

 * Note to translators and our readers please follow the link below
for the information you need.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Translations

== UWN Sneak Peek ==

 * No, we are not infringing any licenses - http://beuno.com.ar/archives/225
 * The real problem with Java in Linux distros -
http://fnords.wordpress.com/2010/09/24/the-real-problem-with-java-in-linux-distros/
 * Canonical Design Blog: Did you know? -
http://design.canonical.com/2010/09/usc-screenshots/
 * Installing Linaro for a Beagle xM -
http://voices.canonical.com/michael.hudson/2010/09/20/installing-linaro-for-a-beagle-xm/
 * Meet David Faure - http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=142047
 * Clearing the FUD around Ubuntu Application Review Process -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141917
 * Turn Ubuntu into a Karaoke Player -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141905
 * Collection of 18 Popular APT & DPKG Tips for Debian and Ubuntu -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141842
 * Syncing your BlackBerry on Ubuntu -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141800
 * Ubuntu 10.10 To Add A “Sent Using Ubuntu” Signature By Default To
Evolution - http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141773
 * A Gmail Notifier Especially Designed For Ubuntu -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141767
 * Edubuntu 10.10 Installer is Also Getting a Full Overhaul -
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=141771
 * Canonical Toying with Hardware Sensors -
http://osnews.com/story/23823/Canonical_Toying_with_Hardware_Sensors
 * How do we get more developers? - http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/1170672981
 * Making and maintaining a good sleep cycle -
http://blog.fugue88.ws/archives/2010-09/Making-and-maintaining-a-good-sleep-cycle
 * Ways to know the world of Ubuntu! -
http://www.cvoid.com/ubuntu/bqueries/ways-to-know-the-world-of-ubuntu/

== Subscribe ==

Get your copy of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter delivered each week to
you via email at:

== Archives and RSS Feed ==

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

You can subscribe to the Ubuntu Weekly News via RSS at:
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/uwn/feed

== Additional Ubuntu News ==

 http://www.ubuntu.com/news

and

 http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

== Conclusion ==

== Credits ==

The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:

 * Amber Graner
 * J Scott Gwin
 * Liraz Siri
 * Jonathan Carter
 * Penelope Stowe
 * And many others

== Glossary of Terms ==

Other acronyms can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/glossary

== Ubuntu - Get Involved ==

The Ubuntu community consists of individuals and teams, working on
different aspects of the distribution, giving advice and technical
support, and helping to promote Ubuntu to a wider audience. No
contribution is too small, and anyone can help. It's your chance to
get in on all the community fun associated with developing and
promoting Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

== Feedback ==

This document is maintained by the Ubuntu Weekly News Team. If you
have a story idea or suggestions for the Weekly Newsletter, join the
Ubuntu News Team mailing list at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-news-team and submit
it. Ideas can also be added to the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas. If you'd like to
contribute to a future issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, please
feel free to edit the appropriate wiki page. If you have any technical
support questions, please send them to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com.

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License -