Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 213

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 11 23:44:27 BST 2010

Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 213 for the week
September 26th - October 2nd, 2010.

== Links UWN ===

 * Wiki Page - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue213
 * PDF Version -
http://people.ubuntu.com/~akgraner/UWN%20PDF%20Issues/UWN_Issue_213.pdf

== Improving Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Survey ==

This survey consists of 10 questions.  Please take a moment to give us
your feedback.  Thanks in advance.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=1x9NE1y7Qe52nlsr4btCyw_3d_3d

== In This Issue ==

 * Invitation to Ubuntu Open Week – October 11 -15, 2010
 * Ubuntu 10.10 is Released
 * Kubuntu, Mythbuntu, Edubuntu
 * 10.10 10:10:10 – thank you and Happy Maverick Day!
 * Asia-Oceania RMB Positions Available
 * Something New and Beautiful: Ubuntu, distilled, in type
 * Ubuntu Fridge: We're moving!
 * Forum Code of Conduct Updated
 * Ubuntu Stats
 * LoCo News
 * Ubuntu on ARM, the best since sliced bread
 *  ... and we're live
 * Multi-touch at UDS-N in Orlando, October 25th-29th
 * In The Press
 * In The Blogosphere
 * Ubuntu in the Cloud
 * Interview with Leann Ogasawara
 * Canonical to expand cooperation with PC vendors
 * TurnKey community development contest: let the judging begin!
 * Featured Podcasts
 * Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
 * Monthly Team Reports: September 2010
 * Upcoming Meetings and Events
 * Updates and Security for 6.06, 8.04, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10
 * UWN Sneak Peek
 * And Much Much More

== General Community News ==

=== Invitation to Ubuntu Open Week – October 11 -15, 2010 ===

You’re invited to Ubuntu Open Week

Where: Online in IRC – #ubuntu-classroom & #ubuntu-classroom-chat on
freenode.net

When: Monday October 11, 2010 through Friday October 15, 2010

Time: 14:00 UTC – 18:00 UTC

For more information go to :

http://ubuntu-news.org/2010/10/11/invitation-to-ubuntu-open-week-october-11-15-2010/

=== Ubuntu 10.10 is Released ===

Some time ago a group of hyper-intelligent pan dimensional beings
decided to finally answer the great question of Life, The Universe and
Everything. To this end, a small band of these Debians built an
incredibly powerful distribution, Ubuntu. After this great computer
programme had run (a very quick 3 million minutes…or 6 years) the
answer was announced. The Ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and
Everything is…42, and in its’ purest form 101010. Which suggests that
what you really need to know is ‘What was the Question?’. The great
distribution kindly pointed out that what the problem really was that
no-one knew the question. Accordingly, the distribution designed a set
of successors, marked by a circle of friends…to ultimately bring Unity
to all things living…Ubuntu 10.10, to find the question to the
ultimate answer.

And with that, the Ubuntu team is pleased to announce Ubuntu 10.10.
Codenamed “Maverick Meerkat”, 10.10 continues Ubuntu’s proud tradition
of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a
high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution.

Read more about the features of Ubuntu 10.10 in the following press
releases:

Desktop and Netbook editions

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu-10.10-desktop-edition

Server edition

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntu-10.10-server-edition

Canonical has also launched the ‘Ubuntu Server on Cloud 10’ program.
Anyone will be able to try out Ubuntu 10.10 Server Edition on Amazon
EC2 for free for one hour. Visitors to the download pages will now be
able to choose to experience the ease and speed of public cloud
computing and Ubuntu. For a direct link to the trial, please go to
http://10.cloud.ubuntu.com

Ubuntu 10.10 will be supported for 18 months on desktops, netbooks, and
servers.

Thanks to the efforts of the global translation community, Ubuntu is
available in 37 languages. For a list of supported languages and
detailed translation statistics for these and other languages, see:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.10-translation-stats.html

Ubuntu 10.10 is also the basis for new 10.10 releases of Kubuntu,
Xubuntu, Edubuntu, UbuntuStudio, and Mythbuntu:

Kubuntu http://kubuntu.org/news/10.10-release

Xubuntu http://xubuntu.org/news/10.10-release

Edubuntu http://edubuntu.org/news/10.10-release

Mythbuntu http://mythbuntu.org/10.10/release

Ubuntu Studio https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/10.10release_notes

To Get Ubuntu 10.10

**********

To download Ubuntu 10.10, or obtain CDs, visit:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu

Users of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will be offered an automatic upgrade to
10.10 via Update Manager. For further information about upgrading,
see:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

As always, upgrades to the latest version of Ubuntu are entirely free of charge.

We recommend that all users read the release notes, which document
caveats and workarounds for known issues. They are available at:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1010

Find out what’s new in this release with a graphical overview:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1010overview

If you have a question, or if you think you may have found a bug but
aren’t sure, try asking on the #ubuntu IRC channel, on the Ubuntu
Users mailing list, or on the Ubuntu forums:
#ubuntu on irc.freenode.net

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

Helping Shape Ubuntu

**********

If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of
ways you can participate at:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate/

About Ubuntu

**********

Ubuntu is a full-featured Linux distribution for desktops, laptops,
netbooks and servers, with a fast and easy installation and regular
releases. A tightly-integrated selection of excellent applications is
included, and an incredible variety of add-on software is just a few
clicks away.

Professional services including support are available from Canonical
and hundreds of other companies around the world. For more information
about support, visit:

http://www.ubuntu.com/support

More Information

**********

You can find out more about Ubuntu and about this release on our
website:

http://www.ubuntu.com/

To sign up for future Ubuntu announcements, please subscribe to
Ubuntu’s very low volume announcement list at:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2010-October/000139.html

=== Kubuntu, Mythbuntu, Edubuntu ===

Jonathan Riddell posted - 10:10:10 10/10/10 It's Kubuntu 10.10 which
can be found at:

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4335

Mythbuntu 10.10 is here! announcement can be found at:

http://www.mythbuntu.org/10.10/release

Stéphane Graber announced, Edubuntu 10.10 is released! and can be found at:

http://www.stgraber.org/2010/10/10/edubuntu-1010-released

=== 10.10 10:10:10 – thank you and Happy Maverick Day! ===

Mark Shuttleworth, founder of the Ubuntu Project, writes - I spent a
lot of time observing our community, this release. For some reason I
was curious to see how our teams work together, what the dynamic is,
how they work and play together, how they celebrate and sadly, also
how they mourn. So I spent a fair amount more time this cycle reading
lists from various Ubuntu teams, reading minutes from governance
meetings for our various councils, watching IRC channels without
participating, just to get a finger on the pulse.

Everywhere I looked I saw goodness: organised, motivated, cheerful and
constructive conversations. Building a free OS involves an
extraordinary diversity of skills, and what’s harder is that it
requires merging the contributions from so many diverse disciplines
and art forms. And yet, looking around the community, we seem to have
found patterns for coordination and collaboration that buffer the
natural gaps between all the different kinds of activities that go on.

He continues with - So I have a very big THANK YOU for everyone. This
is our most valuable achievement: making Ubuntu a great place to get
stuff done that has a positive impact on literally millions of people.
Getting that right isn’t technical, but it’s hard and complex work.
And that’s what makes the technical goodness flow.

To read all of what Mark had to say go to:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/544

=== Asia-Oceania RMB Positions Available ===

The Asia-Oceania RMB is undergoing restaffing. We are expanding to run
two meetings to better accomodate our wide range of timezones. We
require nominations for one position available for meetings at 9:00
UTC +-1hr and nominations for three positions available for meetings
run at 1400 UTC +-1hr.

We have the following requirements for nominees:

 * be an Ubuntu member
 * be confident that you can judge contributions to various parts of
our community
 * be available during typical meeting times of the board in question
 * insight into the culture(s) and typical activities within a
geographic region covered by the board is a plus

If you wish to nominate someone, or yourself, send an email to
ubuntu-membership-board-asia-oceania at lists.ubuntu.com. Try to explain
your nomination.  All nominations will be forwarded to the Community
Council who will make the final decision. Applications will close
1-NOV-2010. If you require help or advice speak to a memeber of the
board or your friendly Community Council members.

If you are interested more information can be found at:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2134

=== Something New and Beautiful: Ubuntu, distilled, in type ===

Marcus and Ivanka sat Mark down for a few words of wisdom a few months
ago and suggested the development of a brand new font for Ubuntu
designed from the ground up. Mark writes about the progress made
during the last few months, how you can get involved in the testing
process and also how you can get font support for your language.

To read the post in full and find out more information go to:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/?p=537

=== Ubuntu Fridge: We're moving! ===

This is exciting but also may take a few days to “unpack” all the
boxes and work out the kinks. Please be patient with us and if find
something that needs to be fixed please let the team know by:

 * IRC Channel #ubuntu-news on irc.freenode.net
 * Team Mailing list, ubuntu-news-team at gmail.com
 * Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=122
 * Editor Email: editor.ubuntu.news at gmail.com

As most of you who follow the Fridge know, Ubuntu has been given a
face-lift. There is a cool new theme with new colors, a lighter feel,
and just all around an upbeat tone to all the official Ubuntu related
sites. Check out ubuntu.com and canonical.com to see the new look if
you haven’t done so already.

The goal was to have the redirect go live on Sunday 10.10.10 in
conjunction with the release of Ubuntu 10.10. However, confirmation of
this has not happened. However starting on Sunday, October 10th, we
will be publishing Ubuntu News on The Fridge via ubuntu-news.org.

For more information go to:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2141

=== Forum Code of Conduct Updated ===

The Ubuntu Forums’ Code of Conduct has received minor adjustments many
times over the years, usually without notice. Most changes have either
been trivial or additions to encode long standing forum culture.

Yesterday, after many weeks of discussion and rewriting, a new version
of the Forum Code of Conduct was posted. There are no real changes to
the substance, but how we express the content is significantly
improved.

Major changes include lengthening the Introduction to include all the
major points and distilling the rest to two sections, one for General
Policy and one for Posting Tips.

We think the community will find the updated version clearer and more
efficiently expressed.

For more informaiton go to:

http://matthewhelmke.net/2010/10/07/forum-code-of-conduct-updated/

== Ubuntu Stats ==

=== Bug Stats ===

 * Open (81867) +1661 over last week
 * Critical (30) -5 over last week
 * Unconfirmed (41164) +1390 over last week

As always, the Bug Squad needs more help. If you want to get started,
please see  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

=== Translation Stats Lucid ===

 1. English (United Kingdom) (0) +/-0 over last week
 2. Spanish (7948) -128 over last week
 3. Brazilian Portuguese (30308) -717 over last week
 4. French (36499) -2 over last week
 5. German (52851) -241 over last week

Remaining strings to translate in Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx", see more
at: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/

=== Ubuntu Brainstorm Top 5 this week ===

 * Older proposed solutions are displayed more prominently in
Brainstorm - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/26021/
 * Movie Player lacks innovative interface and usability. -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/26008/
 * Avoid downloading packages that are available locally during
installation - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25997/
 * compress archives and files with one rigth clic on mouse into .rar
- http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/26027/
 * I need a space on Launchpad to jot down ideas -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/26022/

Ubuntu Brainstorm is a community site geared toward letting you add
your ideas for Ubuntu. You can submit your own idea, or vote for or
against another idea. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

== LoCo News ==

=== Ubuntu Release Parties ===

 * Ireland: Compare the Meerkat at the Market bar in Dublin a great
Success - http://www.lczajkowski.com/?p=914
 * Copenhagen: Great Success! - http://compadre.dk/blog/?p=2088
 * Norway: Ubuntu Norway Release Parties – 10.10.10 -
http://huayra.wordpress.com/?p=452
 * South Africa - Release Party Ubuntu Mirror -
http://tumbleweed.org.za/2010/10/09/release-party-ubuntu-mirror
 * Ontario - Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Release Party in Ottawa,
Ontario - http://drupal.txwikinger.me.uk/content/ubuntu-1010-maverick-merrkat-release-party-ottawa-ontario

== Launchpad News ==

=== Launchpad Blog: More Build Farm Improvements ===

In a slightly technical post suppliemented with a pretty graph, Julian
Edwards has posted a very positive bit of developer news on the
Launchpad Blog. Up until very recently the builders (machines that
compile code for Ubuntu) could get blocked waiting for other packages
to complete. Some optimisation has been done to improve the process
and reduce blocking situations. Click through to see the pretty graphs
and more detailed explaination.

http://blog.launchpad.net/cool-new-stuff/more-build-farm-improvements

=== Launchpad Blog: Continuous deployment in Launchpad ===

Robert Collins (Launchpad Technical Architect) has blogged about some
changes which will affect beta testers of launchpad, the site used to
manage much of the development of the Ubuntu project. In a change to
the release process, beta testers should notice more rapid deployment
of changes to the site, and fixes should be installable with less
downtime.

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/continuous-deployment-in-launchpad

=== Launchpad Blog: Enabling Automatic Bug Expiry ===

In a contentious (to some) move, the launchpad developers will be
switching on 'automatic expiry' of 'incomplete' bug reports. This
feature has been available to the launchpad developers, but has been
switched off. It will be enabled during the week of the 18th October
2010. For developers who would like to use this feature on their
launchpad projects, they will need to switch it on at a per-project
level as outlined in this blog post from Deryck Hodge.

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/enabling-automatic-bug-expiry

== The Planet ==

=== Oliver Grawert: Ubuntu on ARM, the best since sliced bread ===

Ubuntu us rising up to be a great system for the ARM platform. Oliver
Grawert from the Ubuntu ARM team blogs about the Beagleboard and the
Pandaboard website that went live this week. A month ago Toshiba
launched an ARM based netbook in Europe that already has Ubuntu images
available. To find out more about Ubuntu on ARM go to:

http://ograblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/ubuntu-on-arm-the-best-since-sliced-bread/

=== Jorge Castro: ... and we're live ===

Along with 10.10 here comes askubuntu.com. We’ve had a great beta
where many experienced people participated and we had a nice standard
of high quality answers and low noise. We’re experiencing a flood of
new users and questions, so feel free to help out.

Remember people love to vote on answers with screenshots and easy to
use instructions. Go get em!

http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/1283990862/and-were-live

=== Duncan McGreggor: Multi-touch at UDS-N in Orlando, October 25th-29th ===

If you're interested in tracking multi-touch sessions, you can watch
our session planning evolve at the link below:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu?searchtext=hci-n

We've still got one more blueprint coming: A Gesture Language. I
haven't had a chance to compile my notes about this yet, but when I
do, there will likely be another blog post just discussing the
exploration we want to do around the idea of such a language at UDS.

If you can't make it to UDS, remember that we broadcast live streaming
audio and project IRC channels for each room up on a screen so that
all present can read remote comments and respond to listeners'
questions.

http://oubiwann.blogspot.com/2010/10/multi-touch-at-uds-n-in-orlando-october.html

== In The Press ==

=== Canonical ties Ubuntu 10.10 tightly into Amazon's cloud ===

Canonical's newest release, Maverick Meerkat 10.10, will feature
tighter integration with Amazon's EC2 cloud management tools.
Effectively, this means that any client that is compatible with Amazon
EC2 can also control Ubuntu's Eucalyptus Cloud. A much more
interesting development, Ubuntu 10.10 can support running an Amazon
Machine Image (AMI) within a KVM Virtual Machine on the local server.
For the full article and all the interesting developments, follow the
link below:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/67169

=== Ubuntu's Real Contribution to Free Software ===

Bruce Byfield of Datamation brings us an article outlining the biased
and balanced reactions the Free Software Community often has in
regards to Ubuntu. After outlining the sometimes negative reactions he
makes his way to an unbiased look at the areas that Ubuntu excells in
contributions. For the full article, follow the link below:

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3906721/Ubuntus-Real-Contribution-to-Free-Software.htm

=== How we build Ubuntu ===

Ubuntu is one of the most polished Linux distributions available,
fusing the work of a global community of contributors who provide a
diverse range of skills to make Ubuntu what it is. While we all enjoy
the fruits of a new Ubuntu release every six months, many people have
asked the team over the years how this wide range of contributors
manage to come together to build a new Ubuntu release.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=142160

=== Maverick Meerkat's Personal Cloud for Ubuntu, Mac, and Windows ===

Sean Michael Kernel from LinuxPlanet talks about "personal clouds":
"in contrast to the public cloud, where applications are served, the
personal cloud is all about user data, content and synchronization.
With Ubuntu 10.10, the Maverick Linux distribution will also take aim
at improving the way users view their desktops and acquire new
software". For the full article, follow the link below:

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/7191/1/

=== Ubuntu 10.10 Linux shows new consumer features ===

Jonh E. Dunn from Computerworld talks about Ubuntu 10.10 and its new
features geared towards consumers. Among different features, he speaks
about revamped user interface, new Netbook Edition, and Ubuntu One
cloud service.  For the full article, follow the link below:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/363599/ubuntu_10_10_linux_shows_new_consumer_features/?rid=-219

=== 12 Reasons to try Ubuntu 10.10 now ===

PCWorld magazine's Kathreine Noyes enlists 12 reasons for trying
Ubuntu Linux:  "for those in the business world who haven't yet tried
Ubuntu, however, the reasons to download and give it a whirl are even
more compelling". For the full article, follow the link below:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207283/12_reasons_to_try_ubuntu_1010_now.html

== In The Blogosphere ==

=== Future Ubuntu Releases Will be Shipped With LibreOffice ===

The leading contributors of the OpenOffice suite have forked the
opensource software project into a new project named LibreOffice. Mark
Shuttleworth has announced that future releases of Ubuntu will be
packaged with LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice. For the entire
article, follow the link below:

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/09/future-ubuntu-releases-will-be-shipped.html

=== Dell Servers Certified to Run Ubuntu Server Edition ===

Dell and Canonical have been working together for the past two years
to certify select Dell PowerEdge Servers for Ubuntu Server Edition
deployment. While Ubuntu Server Edition will not be factory installed
by Dell, nor "officially" supported by the Dell Technical Support team
the PowerEdge Server model is now listed on Canonical's Hardware
Certification Site. For the full article, follow the link below:

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/09/28/dell-servers-certified-to-run-ubuntu-server-edition/

=== Using new Ubuntu Font in Ubuntu-related publications ===

Sean Michael Kerner from internetnews.com says that he really likes
the new Ubuntu font, and will probably use it in all his
Ubuntu-related writings. He also have concerns over the new font
license, especially the one clause that would require any document
written with it to conform its license.

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/10/ubuntu-linux-font-takes-flight.html

=== Ubuntu Gives Maverick a shot in the ARM ===

Amongst the many improvements the Ubuntu ARM team have made happen
this cycle are support for the community-driven, high-performance,
embedded Dual-core ARM Cortex A9 mobile development OMAP4 Panda board
and the forthcomingBeagle board XM which boasts 512mb of low-power RAM
and a nippy 1Ghz Cortex A8 processor. To read the full article, follow
the link below:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/ubuntu-gives-maverick-a-shot-in-the-arm/

== In Other News ==

=== Ubuntu in the Cloud ===

Try Ubuntu 10.10 Server in Amazon EC2, entirely on our dime!

You read that right, Canonical will pay for you to experience the ease
of Ubuntu Server on Amazon EC2 for an hour (well, approximately 55
minutes). We will take care of the registration, and setup and even
give you some pre-configured applications to choose from (such as
Wordpress and MoinMoin). We are that keen for you to see it for
yourself.

What do you need to do?

As part of the login process you will be asked to set up login and
security credentials. But don’t worry, it’s really quick and easy.

https://10.cloud.ubuntu.com/

=== Interview with Leann Ogasawara ===

This Full Circle Magazine interview is with Leann Ogasawara,  Leann
says,  "I’ve been working for Canonical for the past 3 years. Since
joining the Ubuntu Kernel Team, I’ve been involved with QA and
triaging, stable maintenance, and am now this cycle’s Ubuntu 10.10
kernel release manager."  To find out more about Leann and what she
has been working on this cycle go to:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2135

=== Canonical to expand cooperation with PC vendors ===

Canonical is preparing to host a hardware summit in Taiwan in an
attempt to discuss greater cooperation with Taiwan based manufacturers
such as Quanta Computer, Compal Electronics, Wistron, Inventec,
Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and First
International Computer (FIC). The event is meant to create a greater
understanding of the advantages of Ubuntu. For the full article,
follow the link below:

http://www.linuxtoday.com/it_management/2010092701135NWUB

=== TurnKey community development contest: let the judging begin! ===

The Ubuntu community is invited to join the discussion and vote who
should win $2400 in donated cash prizes. As a result of the contest
nearly 30 new ready-to-use Ubuntu-based appliances will be added to
the upcoming release of the TurnKey Virtual Appliance Library,
covering an excellent range of high-quality open source software.

"Looking at the big picture, what they've accomplished is not only a
tribute to their own impressive abilities but also to the power of the
open source ecosystem they leveraged. I can't think of any other area
of human enterprise where a loosely knit band of individuals is
empowered (in their spare time no less) to help enable thousands of
individuals and organizations all over the world to take advantage of
so much technological innovation."

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/contest-summary

== Featured Podcasts ==

=== Lococast: A New Tech Podcast with Ubuntu Linux Flavour ===

Ever since LugRadio decided to call it quits I’ve been hoping that
some other high quality Linux and tech oriented podcast would appear
to fill the void left in my podcast player. The Ubuntu UK podcast is
quite good, but it lacks the rough edges of LugRadio. Many podcasts
out there simply aren’t professional enough, so they are tedious to
listen to, or they simply aren’t geeky enough. To be successful, a
podcast need to be opinionated, well-informed and up-to-date.
Lococast, announced in last week’s Ubuntu News Letter, seems to have
what it takes. They describe themselves as a tech podcast with Ubuntu
flair.

http://sonofjon.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/lococast-a-new-tech-podcast-with-ubuntu-linux-flavour/

=== Lococast.net Episode 7 - Here comes the Meerkat ===

 * Intro
 * Maverick Meerkat: New features coming
 * Ubuntu One Streaming Music Service
 * Get your parties on: Maverick Release Parties
 * Announcing new LoCo Day Event
 * Books

More information Can be found at:

http://lococast.net/archives/229

=== At Home With Jono Bacon ===

This is the link to the Ubuntu Community Manager's (Jono Bacon) weekly
videocast. Jono takes any and all questions from the community about
all things Ubuntu and more.

If you missed last weeks episode you can find it at:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9894325

For more information about At Home with Jono Bacon go to:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/at-home-with-jono-bacon

== Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings ==

 * Ubuntu Desktop Team Meeting Minutes for September 28th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2010-09-28
 * Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting Minutes from September 28th, 1010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100928
 * Ubuntu Server Team Meeting Minutes for September 28th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100928
 * Ubuntu Kernel Team Meeting Minutes for September 28th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting/2010-09-28
 * Ubuntu Release Team Meeting Minutes for October 1st, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-10-01

**********

 * Ubuntu Desktop Team Meeting Minutes for October 5th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2010-10-05
 * Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting Minutes from October 5th, 1010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20101005
 * Ubuntu Kernel Team Meeting Minutes for October 5th, 2010
-https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting/2010-10-05

== Monthly Team Reports: September 2010 ==

=== Ubuntu Governance ===

==== Americas Regional Membership Board ====

The approval results from the September 16th Americas Membership
meeting are as follows:

 * David E. Rondon (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Emerling  |
https://launchpad.net/~emerling)

==== Developer Membership Board ====

===== Developer Membership Board meeting, 2010-09-27 =====

Chair: Cody A.W. Somerville

Present: Colin Watson, Emmet Hikory, Stéphane Graber, Soren Hansen,
Michael Bienia

====== Administrative Matter: Review Marco Rodrigues participation in
Ubuntu Development ======

Request: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarcoRodrigues/ParticipationApplication

Marco Rodrigues requests permission to participate in Ubuntu
Developer. He is currently not permitted to do so per a binding
request from the former MOTU Council. [1]

Application was discussed by the board in absentia.

The board requested and received additional information from Scott
Kitterman regarding his comment on this application.

Cody Somerville motioned to postpone consideration. Colin Watson
seconded the motion with the stipulation that a call for feedback from
developers be made regarding this application. The vote was called and
the motion was carried unanimously.

Cody Somerville accepted an action to send an e-mail calling for
feedback from developers on this application.

Postponed: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstained. Total: 5

ACTION: Cody Somerville to send an e-mail calling for feedback from
developers on this application.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-January/003067.html

====== PerPackageUploader Application: Barry Warsaw for gtimelog ======

Request: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BarryWarsaw/MyApplication

Barry Warsaw requested upload permission to the gtimelog (universe) package.

====== Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Raphaël Pinson ======

Request: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2010-August/000098.html

Raphaël Pinson, a former Ubuntu core-developer, requested to be
reinstated as a core developer.

====== Select a chair for the next meeting ======

ACTION: Michael Bienia to chair the next Developer Membership Board meeting.

==== EMEA Regional Membership Board ====

 * Date: 2010/09/07

  * Board Members Present

   * Laura Czajkowski (czajkowski)

   * Dennis Kaarsemaker

   * Stéphane Graber

   * Oliver Grawert (ogra)

   * David Rubin (drubin)

   * Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) - Chair

  * Apologies:

   * Alan Pope (popey)

  * Approved Members

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/bognarandras

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/maiatoday

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/costales

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VincentXavierJumel

   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/cwoollard

  * Actions and follow-up items

   * drubin to chair next meeting

   * drubin to email lists

   * Next meeting is on 5th of October same time same place

==== IRC Council ====

 * Meeting 2010-09-11, 2010-09-26: Canceled

  * No quorum

  * No agenda items

  * No last-minute issues brought up for discussion

==== Technical Board ====

 * Meeting 2010-09-07

  * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoardAgenda?action=recall&rev=309

  * The Board will organize a regular review of user feedback on
brainstorm.ubuntu.com according to the proposal described at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-September/000493.html

  * The Application Review Board proposed by Jono Bacon in
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-September/000483.html
was waved through informally, to bootstrap the application review
process. We will re-evaluate in six months.

 * Meeting 2010-09-21

  * Chair: Martin

  * Attendees: Colin Watson, Kees Cook, Scott James Remnant

  * Guests: Jamie Strandboge

  * Review of Actions

   * Martin to follow up with Kees on-list (re: Chromium security
updates) -- '''DONE'''

   * Matt to implement brainstorm reviews as proposed  -- '''DONE'''

    * Martin added this as a permanent topic to the agenda, together
with the next due date

   * Matt to respond to jono re: application review board  -- '''DONE'''

  * SRU microrelease exception for bzr
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2010-September/000506.html)

   * Requirement: Run selftests during package build to catch
architecture specific regressions, and catch problems early

   * Run tests on installed package as part of SRU verification

    * '''ACTION:''' Martin Pitt to ask Martin Pool about self test
instructions on installed system

    * '''ACTION:''' Kees to add bzr self test to qa-regression-testing project

   * Under those conditions, the request was unanimously approved

    * '''ACTION:''' Martin add to StableReleasePolicy

  * Chromium security updates

   * Discussion has shown that a general SRU exception is the only viable way

   * It is not realistic to do any serious testing on these, since
updates are released so fast; updates need to happen pretty much
"blindly"

   * This makes it rather inappropriate for main/default install, but
as an opt-in in universe the current experience with the recent
Chromium SRUs showed that the process is working

   * In case of new build dependencies: in general they should be
bundled, but for some of them it is okay to update the system package
(e. g. gyp, and perhaps libvpx); this is a case-by-case decision

  * No new community bugs to look at

  * Next chair: Mark Shuttleworth

==== Kubuntu Team ====

'''Kubuntu Team Report for September, 2010'''

===== Packaging =====

 * Kubuntu Ninjas made KDE 4.5.1 packages
(http://www.kubuntu.org/news/packages-available-kde-platform-plasma-and-applications-451)
for Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

 * Amarok 2.3.2 (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-232-backports-ppa)
is available from Kubuntu Backports PPA

===== Development =====

 * Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Beta released
(http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-maverick-meerkat-1010-beta-released)

===== Translation =====

 * Jonathan Riddell made a list
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2010-September/004683.html)
of what needs to be translated until Kubuntu 10.10

==== Ubuntu Studio Team ====

 * Began development for Natty -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/ReleasePlanning#Ubuntu%20Studio%2011.04%20Natty%20Narwhal

   * moderating package selection (i.e. adding and removing packages)

     * developed around task focused workflow -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Workflows

     * helps define the package selection -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageSelectionDevelopment

     * additional metapackages might be created for finer installation
control of audio apps

     * eliminate duplicate functionality (i.e. remove LADSPA plugins
if the same plugins are available in LV2 format)

   * Art development

     * plymouth theme

 * Tested Ubuntu Studio Release Candidate ISO for QA

 * Website Update

   * fleshing out audience

   * developing purpose for audience

   * identifying components for various page

   * evaluating mock-ups

 * Began to assign team positions

   * testing lead/contact/liaison - rlamerio

   * IRC user support - holstein

 * Kernel development

   * removed -rt kernel from archives

   * began working with Ubuntu Kernel Team to get -lowlatency kernel
into archives

==== Xubuntu Team ====

'''Xubuntu team report for September, 2010'''

===== Bug Triage =====

 * Our bug triage efforts are paying off for Xubuntu. Many bugs were
squashed this past month.

===== Packaging, Development, & Testing =====

 * We tested Maverick Meerkat Beta with good results.

===== Website & Marketing =====

 * Xubuntu needs a new Marketing Lead. Contact us per
http://xubuntu.org/devel if interested or email charlie-tca at ubuntu.com

===== Artwork =====

 * We still need a good plymouth theme.

===== Community =====

 * We are striving to get more users to blog about Xubuntu. We would
like to keep word out of the changes being made, as well as new
releases.

 * We are attempting to submit new articles to Ubuntu Weekly News at
least once a month about Xubuntu.

===== Documentation =====

 * Xubuntu needs a new Documentation Lead. Contact us per
http://xubuntu.org/devel if interested or email charlie-tca at ubuntu.com

=== Ubuntu LoCo Teams ===

==== Argentina Team ====

 * Tuesday 7th - CISL 2010 - Conferencias Internacionales sobre
Software Libre - at National Library (BUE) photos
(http://img823.imageshack.us/g/image0185h.jpg/)

 * Friday 10th - Presentations in EPUEL 2010 - Encuentro Para Una
Educacion Libre  pictures
(http://img840.imageshack.us/g/eduguille.jpg/)

 * Monday 13 to Friday 17 - One week of introductory presentations at
E.N.E.T. N°36 (public technical school) pics
(http://img33.imageshack.us/g/dsc00673t.jpg/)

 * Organizing the first UbuCon in Argentina (Nov 19 & 20 at Palermo
University - BUE)

 * Organizing Maverick Meerkat Release Parties (BUE and some others cities)

==== Asturian Team ====

 * 24 September - 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75)
& μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5041446489_47dbfd232b_z.jpg).

 * 17 September - 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75)
& μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/5041446481_1fbd5d94f3_z.jpg).

 * 10 September - 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75)
& μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5041446493_d5835304fc_b.jpg).

 * 3 September - 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) &
μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/4956375489_277b4458ed.jpg)

==== Belgian Team ====

 * September 5th: booth at Computer Fair in Ghent
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Ghent_2010-09-05 )

 * September 12th: booth at Computer Fair in Antwerp
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerp_2010-09-12
)

 * September 18th: Software Freedom Day in Ostend
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay2010 ) in
collaboration with Zandletters (http://zandletters.be)

 * September 19th: booth at Computer Fair in Charleroi
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Charleroi_2010-09-19
)

 * September 26th: booth at Computer Day in Niel
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Niel_2010-09-26 )
in collaboration with the local computer club Monitor

 * September 26th: booth at Computer Fair in Hasselt
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Hasselt_2010-09-26
)

 * made sure Eclectic Tech Carnival
(http://www.eclectictechcarnival.org/) (women in open source event)
has Ubuntu CDs

 * collecting possible designs for a locoteam T-shirt

 * preparations for making a local Ubuntu services (companies) directory

 * some people started looking into (re)starting educational efforts

 * Weekly IRC meetings
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings/Reports) for
coordination on September 01st, 08th, 16th, 23d and 29th

==== Cameroonian Team ====

 * '''17 September 2010'''.Release of Aventure Libre
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CameroonianTeam/Projects/Journal) #3

 * '''18 September 2010'''. Participation to the Software Freedom Day
2010 in Yaounde, Palais des sports

  * Preparation :  mail 1
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-cm/2010-September/001371.html
), mail 2 (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-cm/2010-September/001374.html
)

  * Report,video,photos : Kwartzlab blog post
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CameroonianTeam/Events/SoftwareFreedomDay#Edition
2010)

==== Canadian Team ====

 * Ubuntu Hours in Waterloo, ON (Sept. 1) and Ottawa, ON (Sept. 9)

 * Software Freedom Day in Kitchener, ON. (Sept 18)

   * (http://kwartzlab.ca/blog/dscassel/2010-09-26/software-freedom-day-2010-reca)

   * Lothlaurien's blog post
(http://lothlaurien.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/software-freedom-is-a-good-thing/)

   * txwikinger's blog post (http://blog.txwikinger.me.uk/node/25)

   * Flyer from the event (PDF)
(http://flyingsquirrel.ca/stuff/SoftwareFreedomDay.pdf)

 * Software Freedom Day
(http://www.meetup.com/ubuntuvancouver/calendar/14158729/?from=list&offset=0)
event planned for Vancouver.

 * We made buttons!
(http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qbg02qlAxM2Ltcr5VpMfFg?feat=directlink)

 * Maverick Release parties planned for Vancouver, Kitchener-Waterloo,
Ottawa and Toronto.

==== Catalan Team ====

 * September 1st: irc meeting

 * September 28th: meeting with CTUG for next release party.

==== French Team ====

 * bonjour Ubuntu (http://bonjourubuntu.fr) - New french website
launched last month - Each day, one picture on Ubuntu and its awesome
community.<<BR>>And if you don't speak french, you can follow on Hello
Ubuntu (http://helloubuntu.com)

 * September 4th - Premier Samedi du Libre
(http://www.premier-samedi.org/) in Paris<<BR>> This is a
multi-distribution small install fest where around 60 people come to
get help configuring and installing their Linux system.

 * September 4th-5th - Braderie de Lille<<BR>>From Saturday to Sunday
evening stallholders set up shop along miles of streets. We have a
booth at this event to present Ubuntu.

 * September 6th : weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

 * September 7th - Ubuntu Party in Paris organisation meeting on irc
#ubuntu-fr-meeting - minutes
(http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/CR240907)

 * September 13th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

 * September 18th - Ubuntu-fr libre software survey organised for the
Software Freedom Day 2010

 * September 19th - Ubuntu Party 10.10 second IRL meeting - minutes
(http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/CR290919)

 * September 20th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

 * September 21st - Ubuntu Party in Paris organisation meeting on irc
#ubuntu-fr-meeting - minutes
(http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/CR240921)

 * September 22nd - Ubuntu-fr sysadmin IRC meeting

 * September 27th - weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

==== Hungarian Team ====

 * We Created Release Party Badges for the Local and the International
Community: More info
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2010-September/004981.html)

 * András Bognár applied for the Ubuntu membership and has been
succesfully approved by the EMEA Board. He is the 8th Ubuntu member in
our LoCo. More info (in Hungarian) (http://ubuntu.hu/node/20705)

 * The number of registered users on ubuntu.hu has surpassed 18600

 * We started organizing the Maverick Release Party: it will be on
October 16th, the location is still to be decided

 * We had our monthly IRC meeting on the first thursday of the month
as usual: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HungarianTeam/IRCMeetings

 * We regularly updated our loco site with the latest news: http://ubuntu.hu

 * We continued our work on the Hungarian Ubuntu Education Project:
http://edu.ubuntu.hu

 * We did various translation-related tasks

==== Ubuntu Ireland ====

 * Regular Monthly IRC Meeting
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IRCMeetings/2010-09-15) was held at
8pm Irish time on Wednesday 15th September.

 * Members of our Loco did a great job of running OSSBarcamp
(http://ossbarcamp.com/) on 25th and 26th of September in University
College Dublin.

 * On Wednesday 29th of September the  Dublin
(http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/345/detail/) and  Cork
(http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/347/detail/) Ubuntu Hours took
place.  Both will kicked off at 18:00 local time.

 * We had a great  Limerick Ubuntu Hour
(http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/348/detail/) on the 30th of
September at 6pm in the Absolute Hotel.

 * Plans are under way for release parties for Maverick. The Dublin
release party will be on 10.10.10.  More info
(http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/375/detail/)

==== Ubuntu Israel ====

 * We helped spread the word of Open source software and ubuntu on the
open source day in Israel.

 * We had a booth on the biggest sci-fi convention in Israel, the
Icon. In this event we gave over 200 Ubuntu CDs, sold Ubunchu comics
and earned 500₪ (about 100 Euro) of donations.

 * We have started to push all the part of publishing Ubuntu, so we
have printed Ubuntu fliers and Credit cards. for that we have also got
a donation from "Hamkor" association for having a rollup for our
booths.

 * we have started planning our Ubuntu 10.10 Release party :)

==== Japanese Team ====

 * Ubuntu Magazine Japan vol.5 was released.

   * http://ascii.asciimw.jp/books/magazines/ubuntu.shtml

 * We attended Open Source Conference 2010 Tokyo/Fall and held a
seminar. Slides and Videos are available from the link below.

   * https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/Events/OSC2010TokyoFall

 * The team member, Fumihito YOSHIDA, wrote the article about Btrfs in
Ubuntu 10.10 for the October issue of Software Design.

   * http://gihyo.jp/magazine/SD/archive/2010/201010

 * We replaced the archive servers (jp.archive.ubuntu.com and
ubuntu-ashisuto.ubuntulinux.jp) with new ones.

 * The team member, Nobuto MURATA, kicked off Ubuntu Hour Tachikawa-Tokyo.

   * https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/Hour/TokyoTachikawa

==== Norwegian team  ====

 * Cybernetisk Selskab (CYB) a student organization and IFI @
University of Oslo (UiO) held an installation party Monday September
13th at the main campus in Blindern.

  * CDs were given to the organizers for distribution under the event
and also to others in the computer labs at UiO later

 * Planning Maverick Parties in several cities:

  * General planning page for all events in Norway here
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorwegianTeam/Arrangementer/MaverickReleaseParty)

  * Bergen is planning an Installfest. This is arranged by BLUG
(http://blug.kvidder.com/2010/arrangement/installfest-10-oktober-2010/)
and Ubuntu enthusiasts. BLUG planning page here
(http://www.blug.linux.no/wiki/Installfest).

  * Oslo will held an event (http://www.350.org/work-party-oslo) in
Humla @ Hausmania in coordination with the 10/10/10 intiative by 10:10
and 350.org. This in cooperation with Greenpeace, Critical Mass,
Pimp-my-Bike, Norsk Klima Nettverk, Another Saturday Stellenbosch
Ubuntu Hour (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/350.org), 10:10 Norge, Norwegian
Red Cross and the avail from the Oslo City Council. Two organizational
meetings with the other groups in September.

  * Trondheim will held a coffee gathering of some sort

==== Serbian Team ====

 * September 5th:  regular monthly on-line IRC meeting, minutes HERE

 * September 8th: 1 member promoted to forum moderator, LoCo core team expanded.

 * September 5th: Do too cope deadline, translation team expanded.
Ubuntu Manual translation bumped on top. We plan, in association with
Rakovica Municipality to publish 3500+ hard copies of Ubuntu manual
and give them away to students in Rakovica elementary schools.

 * September 17th: two hours server downtime, fixed.

==== South African Ubuntu team ====

 * 4 Sep: (http://my-ubuntu-day.blogspot.com/2010/09/second-stellenbosch-saturday-ubuntu.html)

 * 18 Sep: CodeJam (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/352/detail/) in
Pretoria for Software Freedom Day

 * 20 Sep: IRC Meeting (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20100920)

 * JHB held software freedom day some  photos
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/garyvdm/sets/72157624921361213/ )

==== Swiss Team ====

 * 16. September: IRC Team meeting in #ubuntu-ch

 * 17.-18. September: Booth at FrOSCamp in Zürich

==== Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team ====

 * A new episode of the podcast was released
http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2010/09/15/s03e16-the-mysterious-stranger/

 * The official Ubuntu book review published on DZone at
http://www.dzone.com/links/the_official_ubuntu_book_review.html

 * Alan Pope, Dave Walker and Tony Whitmore went to OSSBarCamp in
Dublin to record a podcast episode and give talks

 * For Ubuntu App Developer week we have been giving talks on Python
(http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/27/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t17:03)
and Ruby (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/01/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t19:58)

==== United States Teams ====

===== Ubuntu California =====

 * On September 12th, hosted booth at Solano Stroll 2010
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/SolanoStroll2010)

 * Ubuntu Hours:

  * September 9th: Lake Forest
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-September/001282.html)

  * September 23rd: Lake Forest
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-September/001292.html)

  * September 28th: San Francisco
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-September/001295.html)

 * Team meetings:

  * Sunday, September 5th
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/10September19)

  * Sunday, September 19th
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/10September05)

 * Launched project planning for:

  * Silicon Valley Code Camp 2010
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CodeCamp2010)

  * Maverick Release Parties
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/MaverickRelease)

  * Conflict Resolution page
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/ConflictResolution)

===== Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team =====

  * Held our regular monthly team meeting
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Meetings/Minutes/2010-09-06)

  * Requested our Maverick CDs from shipit

===== Florida LoCo Team =====

 * September 7^th^: 1^st^ Monthly Team IRC Meeting was held in #ubuntu-us-fl.

 * September 18^th^: Participated in Multiple SFD2010 events.

 * September 18^th^: Ubuntu Hour Miami-Dade
(http://www.ubuntu-fl.org/2010/09/19/ubuntu-hour-miami-dade/) was
held.

 * September 21^st^: 2^nd^ Monthly Team IRC Meeting was held in #ubuntu-us-fl.

===== Iowa Team =====

 * September Meeting

    * September 30, 2010 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/IowaTeam/20100930)

===== Pennsylvania Team =====

 * September 11th Geeknic (http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/?p=65)

  * Photos by Elizabeth Krumbach
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/pleia2/sets/72157624825046423/)

  * Photos by Andrew Keyes
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahotw/sets/72157624811767445/)

 * On September 25th, to celebrate Software Freedom Day, an
installfest was held and Jim Fisher did the main presentation at PACS
(http://pacsnet.org/), "Zero to Linux in 45 Minutes"
(http://pacsnet.org/meetings.php#Sep) where he featured installing
Ubuntu with Wubi

 * Launched planning for booth at CPOSC
(http://ubuntupennsylvania.org/?p=69) on October 16th

===== Virginia Team =====

 * Regular Monthly IRC Meeting
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VirginiaTeam/MeetingMinutes) was held at 8pm
Eastern on September 7, 2010.

 * Software Freedom Day Activities

   * Fredericksburg, VA (Chris O'Donnell)

   * Galax, VA minutes
(http://ls.net/content/software-freedom-day-2010) (Tarvid)

=== Additional Ubuntu Teams ===

==== Ubuntu Accessibility Team ====

 * Personas started to be defined, they will be called John, Daniella,
Simon, Faisal and Henrietta http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/WkO4TZbvWt

 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility pages are being re-written.
This is a work in-progress at this time. It will increase readability
and insure the latest information is available to everyone.

==== Ubuntu Beginners Team ====

 * Regular monthly meeting on September 14, 2010
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20100914) - 8 members
in attendance, 48 minutes long, with nhandler holding the chair.

  * phillw (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw) gained member status;

  * shredder12 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/shredder12)'s membership vote
was moved to the mailing list;

  * Applications were opened for the position of "Mentorship
Administrator" - a person that takes care of the mentor list each
month and has mentors provide monthly status reports. (addresses
duanedesign's agenda item of "Improving Mentor Program")

 * Development Focus Group membership applications were opened -
applications done through the relative Launchpad team

==== Ubuntu Classroom Team ====

 * Team Meeting September 23, 2010 @ 01:00 UTC
((https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Classroom/MeetingAgenda2010Sep23))

 * Classes held:

  * Sept 2nd: The sponsoring tools in ubuntu-dev-tools
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training/Logs/2010-09-02) by
Stefano Rivera (tumbleweed) for Ubuntu Kernel Bug Triage Summit
(Maverick) (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training)

  * Sept 11th: (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/BugTriage/Summit/Maverick)

  * Sept 17th: Packaging without compiling
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training/Logs/2010-09-17) by Emmet
Hickory (persia) for Introduction to Python
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training)

  * Sept 18th: (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/18/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t18:01)
by Pedro Mendes de Araújo (pedro3005) for Beginners Team Dev Academy
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

  * Sept 23rd: Ubuntu Distributed Development Intro + Q&A
(http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/23/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t21:02)
by James Westby (james_w) for Introduction to C++
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training)

  * Sept 25th: (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/25/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t16:02)
by Diego Turcios (!DiegoTc) for Beginners Team Dev Academy
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

  * Sept 25th: Introduction to Python: Part 2
(http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/25/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t18:01)
by Pedro Mendes de Araújo (pedro3005) for Beginners Team Dev Academy
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

  * Sept 27 - Oct 1: Ubuntu App Developer Week
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek)

==== Ubuntu Women Team ====

 * Flavia Weisghizzi and Silvia Bindelli of Ubuntu-It spoke with
Debian and Fedora women at the Debian Ubuntu (Italian) Community
Conference

  * Mailing list post
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-September/003008.html)

  * blog (http://xdatap1.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/debian-ubuntu-community-conference-ita-2010/)
(w/ photos!)

 * Melissa Draper and Alan Bell have been working on new wiki theme
for our website

  * Full Circle Magazine, Issue #41
(https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-women/ubuntu-women.org/mointheme)

 * (http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-41/) with interview of 10.10
Kernel Release Manager Leann Ogasawara

 * Team update (in lieu of meeting) September 23rd
(https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-September/003016.html)

 * Team meeting September 8th (http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20100908)

 * Laura Czajkowski ran her 4th Barcamp in Dublin ossbarcamp
(http://ossbarcamp.com)

 * Isabell Long's Rewired State project hits the headlines
(http://www.number10.gov.uk/news/topstorynews/2010/09/pm-challenges-departments-to-slash-energy-use-55332)
http://govspark.org.uk/about/

 * Of the 623 Ubuntu Members at the end of this month 4.82% are women

== Upcoming Meetings and Events ==

==== Asia - Oceania RMB Meeting ====

 * Start: 10:00 UTC
 * End: 11:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC Channel #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania

==== Ubuntu Mobile Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 13:00 UTC
 * End: 14:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting

==== Ubuntu Open Week ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC Channel #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat
on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

==== Desktop Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 16:30 UTC
 * End: 17:30 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-desktop on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting

==== Kernel Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: None listed as of time of publication

==== Ubuntu Bugsquad Monthly Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-bugs on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Meeting

==== Ubuntu Beginner Team Meeting ===

 * Start: 23:00 UTC
 * End: 00:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-beginners on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings

=== Wednesday, 13 October 2010 ===

==== Ubuntu Open Week ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC Channel #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat
on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

==== Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team meeting ====

 * Start: 15:00 UTC
 * End: 16:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting freenode.net
 * Agenda: https:/wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/1013

==== QA Team Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-quality in freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings/

==== Jono Bacon @ Home Videocast : Various Topics and Q+A ====

 * Start: 18:00 UTC
 * End: 19:00 UTC
 * Location: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/at-home-with-jono-bacon
 * Agenda: This is a weekly videocast by the Ubuntu Community Manager,
Jono Bacon in which he discusses a range of topics and also provides a
regular weekly Q+A.

==== Edubuntu Meeting ====

 * Start: 19:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Meetings/Agenda

==== Ubuntu Women Project Meeting ====

 * Start: 20:00 UTC
 * End: 21:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-women-project on freenode.net
 * Agenda: none listed at time of publication

=== Thursday, 14 October 2010 ===

==== Ayatana UX team meeting ====

 * Start: 12:00 UTC
 * End: 12:30 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on freenode.net
 * Agenda:  Introductions - Review team charter - Organize first UX
activity  - Brainstorm future UX activities

==== Ubuntu Open Week ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC Channel #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat
on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

=== Friday, 15 October 2010 ===

==== Ubuntu Open Week ====

 * Start: 14:00 UTC
 * End: 20:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC Channel #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat
on freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

=== Saturday, 16 October 2010 ===

==== Introduction to Python: Part 5 ====

 * Start: 19:00 UTC
 * End: 21:00 UTC
 * Location IRC Channel #ubuntu-classroom on freenode.net
 * Agenda: none listed at time of publication

==== BugJam ====
 * Start: 20:00 UTC
 * End: 22:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-us-dc and #ubuntu-bugs  on freenode.net
 * Agenda: None listed at time of publication

=== Sunday, 17 October 2010 ===

None listed as of time of publication

=== Monday, 18 October 2010 ===

==== Ubuntu-NGO IRC Meeting ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-ngo on irc.freenode.net
 * Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NGO/Meeting

==== Security Team Catch-up ====

 * Start: 17:00 UTC
 * End: 18:00 UTC
 * Location: IRC channel #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net
 * Agenda: nothing formal, just a weekly catch-up. Weekly Ubuntu
Security Team catch-up meeting. Anyone is welcome to join if they want
to watch, contribute, etc.

== Updates and Security for 6.06, 8.04, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10 ==

=== Security Updates ===

 * USN-992-1: Avahi vulnerabilities - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-992-1
 * USN-993-1: libgdiplus vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-993-1
 * USN-994-1: libHX vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-994-1
 * USN-995-1: libMikMod vulnerabilities - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-995-1
 * USN-996-1: Mako vulnerability - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-996-1

=== Ubuntu 6.06 Updates ===

 * None Reported

=== Ubuntu 8.04 Updates ===

 * libgdiplus 1.2.6-2ubuntu2.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012553.html
 * avahi 0.6.22-2ubuntu4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012554.html
 * libhx 1.10.2-2ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012555.html
 * libmikmod 3.1.11-6ubuntu3.8.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/hardy-changes/2010-September/012556.html

=== Ubuntu 9.04 Updates ===

 * landscape-client 1.5.5.1-0ubuntu0.9.04.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010154.html
 * libgdiplus 2.0-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010155.html
 * avahi 0.6.23-4ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010156.html
 * libhx 1.28-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010157.html
 * libmikmod 3.1.11-6ubuntu3.9.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-September/010158.html
 * smbind 0.4.7-3+lenny1build0.9.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/jaunty-changes/2010-October/010159.html

=== Ubuntu 9.10 Updates ===

 * landscape-client 1.5.5.1-0ubuntu0.9.10.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012487.html
 * libgdiplus 2.4.2-1ubuntu0.9.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012488.html
 * avahi 0.6.25-1ubuntu5.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012489.html
 * libhx 2.9-3ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012490.html
 * libmikmod 3.1.11-6ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012491.html
 * qtcreator 1.2.1-3ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-September/012492.html
 * smbind 0.4.7-3+lenny1build0.9.10.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/karmic-changes/2010-October/012493.html

=== Ubuntu 10.04 Updates ===

 * libgksu 2.0.13~pre1-1ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011742.html
 * mtd-utils 20090606-1ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011750.html
 * mplayer 2:1.0~rc3+svn20090426-1ubuntu16.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011743.html
 * gjs 0.5-1ubuntu2.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011744.html
 * gnu-smalltalk 3.0.3-2ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011745.html
 * libzip 0.9-3ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011746.html
 * desktopcouch 0.6.4-0ubuntu3.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011747.html
 * gdm 2.30.2.is.2.30.0-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011748.html
 * lirc 0.8.6-0ubuntu4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011749.html
 * nspluginwrapper 1.2.2-0ubuntu6.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011751.html
 * python3.1 3.1.2-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011752.html
 * dell-recovery 0.58.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011753.html
 * grub2 1.98-1ubuntu8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011754.html
 * openssl 0.9.8k-7ubuntu8.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011755.html
 * python-imaging 1.1.7-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011756.html
 * ooo-thumbnailer 0.2-5ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011757.html
 * sugar-0.88 0.87.2-1ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011758.html
 * shutter 0.85.1-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011759.html
 * gnomescan 0.6.2-0ubuntu1+lucid1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011760.html
 * linux-backports-modules-2.6.32 2.6.32-25.24 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011761.html
 * linux-mvl-dove 2.6.32-211.27 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011762.html
 * linux-fsl-imx51 2.6.31-608.20 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011763.html
 * apache2 2.2.14-5ubuntu8.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011764.html
 * gdecrypt 0.7.2.2-0ubuntu4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011765.html
 * landscape-client 1.5.5.1-0ubuntu0.10.04.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011766.html
 * libgdiplus 2.4.2-1ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011767.html
 * avahi 0.6.25-1ubuntu6.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011768.html
 * libhx 3.2-1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011769.html
 * mako 0.2.5-2ubuntu1.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011770.html
 * libmikmod 3.1.11-6.1ubuntu0.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011771.html
 * qtcreator 1.3.1-1ubuntu1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-September/011772.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-2ubuntu0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-October/011773.html
 * smbind 0.4.7-3+lenny1build0.10.04.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2010-October/011774.html

=== Ubuntu 10.10 Updates ===

 * kdebase-workspace 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008284.html
 * kwave 0.8.5-1-3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008285.html
 * kdebase 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008286.html
 * audacious 2.4.0-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008287.html
 * memaker 1.5-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008288.html
 * mountall 2.18 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008289.html
 * ubuntu-it-menu 1.0.8.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008290.html
 * weave 1.4.3-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008291.html
 * webdeveloper 1.1.8-5build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008293.html
 * pwdhash 1.7-8build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008292.html
 * linux-meta-mvl-dove 2.6.32.410.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008294.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008295.html
 * virtkey 0.60.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008296.html
 * onboard 0.94.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008297.html
 * xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.12.0-1ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008298.html
 * pulseaudio 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu20 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008299.html
 * libapache-mod-fastcgi 2.4.6-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008300.html
 * debconf 1.5.32ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008301.html
 * fuse 2.8.4-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008302.html
 * usb-creator 0.2.25 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008303.html
 * mgltools-support 1.5.4.cvs.20090603-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008304.html
 * mgltools-volume 1.5.4.cvs.20090603-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008305.html
 * netbook-meta 2.033 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008306.html
 * deejayd 0.9.0-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008307.html
 * vala 0.10.0-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008308.html
 * ecs 2.0.0.rc1-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008309.html
 * webfav 1.17-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008310.html
 * kubuntu-meta 1.204 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008311.html
 * upse 0.6.0-1.1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008312.html
 * audacious-dumb 0.57-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008313.html
 * g15daemon-audacious 2.5.7-4build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008314.html
 * imms 3.1.0~rc8-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008315.html
 * mcs 0.7.1-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008316.html
 * xmp 3.2.0-0.1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008317.html
 * wmauda 0.7-4build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008318.html
 * pidgin-audacious 2.0.0-1build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008320.html
 * mp3splt-gtk 0.5.6-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008319.html
 * gdk-pixbuf 2.22.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008321.html
 * emerald 0.7.2-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008322.html
 * librsvg 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008323.html
 * kterm 6.2.0-46ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008325.html
 * gtkterm 0.99.5-1ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008324.html
 * gnome-games 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008326.html
 * apparmor 2.5.1~rc1-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008327.html
 * compiz 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008328.html
 * liblastfm 0.4.0~git20090710-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008329.html
 * aptitude 0.6.3-2ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008330.html
 * ubuntu-extras-keyring 2010.09.27 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008331.html
 * update-manager 1:0.142.15 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008332.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008333.html
 * gnome-session 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008334.html
 * gnome-desktop 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008336.html
 * libwnck 1:2.30.5-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008335.html
 * rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store 0.1.8-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008338.html
 * gcc-4.4 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008337.html
 * gnome-settings-daemon 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008339.html
 * gucharmap 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008340.html
 * libbonobo 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008341.html
 * virtkey 0.60.0-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008342.html
 * gnome-control-center 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008343.html
 * simple-scan 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008344.html
 * gnome-menus 2.30.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008345.html
 * libgweather 2.30.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008346.html
 * telepathy-gabble 0.10.0-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008347.html
 * light-themes 0.1.8.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008348.html
 * unity-place-applications 0.2.26-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008349.html
 * unity-place-files 0.5.30-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008350.html
 * libopensync-plugin-gnokii 0.22-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008352.html
 * libimage-size-ruby 1:0.1.1-4.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008351.html
 * cups 1.4.4-6ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008353.html
 * d-conf 0.5-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008354.html
 * empathy 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008355.html
 * gconf-editor 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008356.html
 * gnome-terminal 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008357.html
 * gutenprint 5.2.6-0ubuntu8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008358.html
 * libgnome-keyring 2.31.92-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008359.html
 * vte 1:0.26.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008360.html
 * vino 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008361.html
 * gcalctool 5.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008362.html
 * udisks 1.0.1+git20100614-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008363.html
 * gcc-4.5 4.5.1-7ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008364.html
 * apiextractor 0.8.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008365.html
 * kolabd 2.2.4-20100624-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008366.html
 * chromium-browser 6.0.472.63~r59945-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008367.html
 * squid 2.7.STABLE9-2ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008368.html
 * generatorrunner 0.6.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008369.html
 * pyside 0.4.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008370.html
 * shiboken 0.5.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008371.html
 * adobereader-deu 9.3.4-1maverick1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008372.html
 * debconf 1.5.32ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008373.html
 * gnome-power-manager 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008374.html
 * gnome-system-tools 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008375.html
 * grub2 1.98+20100804-5ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008376.html
 * libindicate 0.4.4-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008377.html
 * dovecot 1:1.2.12-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008378.html
 * glib2.0 2.25.16-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008379.html
 * zeitgeist 0.5.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008380.html
 * linux-mvl-dove 2.6.32-410.27 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008381.html
 * unity 0.2.46-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008382.html
 * mesa 7.9~git20100924-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008383.html
 * plasma-widget-cwp 1.2.2-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008384.html
 * gtkterm 0.99.5-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008385.html
 * aptdaemon 0.31+bzr506-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008386.html
 * bamf 0.2.58-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008387.html
 * evolution-data-server 2.30.3-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008388.html
 * libgnomecanvas 2.30.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008389.html
 * libgnomeui 2.24.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008390.html
 * gtk+2.0 2.22.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008391.html
 * libgnome 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008392.html
 * mutter 2.31.5-0ubuntu8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008393.html
 * software-center 3.0.2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008394.html
 * tomboy 1.4.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008395.html
 * evince 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008396.html
 * file-roller 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008397.html
 * dbus 1.4.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008398.html
 * e16 1.0.0-3.1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008399.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008400.html
 * glib2.0 2.26.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008401.html
 * totem 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008402.html
 * mesa-demos 8.0.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008403.html
 * atk1.0 1.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008404.html
 * cheese 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008405.html
 * eog 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008406.html
 * eucalyptus 2.0+bzr1241-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008407.html
 * libgnomekbd 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008410.html
 * gnome-orca 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008408.html
 * mousetweaks 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008409.html
 * rhythmbox 0.13.1-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008411.html
 * glibmm2.4 2.25.5-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008412.html
 * nautilus 1:2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008413.html
 * lintian 2.4.3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008414.html
 * deja-dup 16.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008415.html
 * ubuntu-font-family-sources 0.68+ufl-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008416.html
 * debootstrap 1.0.23ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008417.html
 * newlib 1.18.0-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008418.html
 * pictor 2.8-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008419.html
 * xserver-xorg-video-geode 2.11.9-4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008420.html
 * vim 2:7.2.330-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008421.html
 * python-edbus 0.3.1+svn20090511-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008422.html
 * ubuntu-meta 1.207 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008423.html
 * kubuntu-meta 1.205 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008424.html
 * ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu 27 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008425.html
 * netbook-meta 2.034 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008426.html
 * mountall 2.19 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008427.html
 * stellarium 0.10.5-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008428.html
 * unity 0.2.46-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008429.html
 * gamgi 0.14.7-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008430.html
 * fbreader 0.10.7dfsg-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008431.html
 * debian-installer 20100211ubuntu28 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008432.html
 * emerald 0.7.2-0ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008434.html
 * code-saturne 2.0.0.rc1-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008433.html
 * libmesh 0.6.3.dfsg~rc1-1ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008435.html
 * petsc4py 1.1-2ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008436.html
 * suricata 1.0.1-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008437.html
 * libhibernate3-java 3.5.4.Final-4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008438.html
 * mojarra 2.0.3-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008439.html
 * geronimo-commonj-spec 1.1.1-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008440.html
 * python-greenlet 0.3.1-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008441.html
 * labyrinth 0.4.1-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008442.html
 * bzr-gtk 0.99.0-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008443.html
 * libcommons-fileupload-java-universe 1.2.1-5ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008444.html
 * jasperreports 3.7.4+dfsg-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008445.html
 * xnecview 1.35-7ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008446.html
 * qvamps 0.98-0.0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008447.html
 * libspring-2.5-java 2.5.6.SEC02-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008448.html
 * eucalyptus 2.0+bzr1241-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008449.html
 * libexif-gtk 0.3.5-4build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008450.html
 * python-eventlet 0.9.12-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008453.html
 * pyjamas 0.7~+pre2-3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008451.html
 * cntlm 0.91~rc6-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008452.html
 * solr 1.4.0+ds1-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008454.html
 * libstruts1.2-java 1.2.9-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008455.html
 * lubuntu-meta 0.17 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008456.html
 * sabily-grub-artwork 1.0 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008457.html
 * lubuntu-default-settings 0.11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008458.html
 * apt-mirror 0.4.8-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008459.html
 * pidgin-sipe 1.9.0-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008460.html
 * qvamps 0.98-0.0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008461.html
 * etsf-io 1.0.3-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008462.html
 * dx 1:4.4.4-3build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008464.html
 * dvdstyler 1.8.1-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008463.html
 * gri 2.12.21-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008467.html
 * genesis 2.2.1-12ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008465.html
 * gdal 1.6.3-4build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008466.html
 * mistelix 0.31-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008468.html
 * minc 2.0.18+cvs20100518-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008470.html
 * kst 1.7.0-1.1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008469.html
 * qdvdauthor 1:2.1.0+dfsg-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008471.html
 * shogun 0.9.3-4ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008472.html
 * imms 3.1.0~rc8-2build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008474.html
 * g15daemon-audacious 2.5.7-4build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008475.html
 * audacious-dumb 0.57-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008473.html
 * gnome-exe-thumbnailer 0.7-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008477.html
 * xmp 3.2.0-0.1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008478.html
 * upse 0.6.0-1.1build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008476.html
 * spring 0.82.5.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008479.html
 * sabily-grub-artwork 1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008480.html
 * libffi-ruby 0.6.3debian-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008481.html
 * gjs 0.7.1-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008482.html
 * edbrowse 3.4.1-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008483.html
 * gxine 0.5.905-4ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008485.html
 * gnome-web-photo 0.8-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008484.html
 * tiles 2.2.1-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008486.html
 * spring-kernelpanic 4.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008487.html
 * gwget2 1.0.4-1.1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008488.html
 * mvel2 2.0.18-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008489.html
 * hildon-desktop 1:2.0.19.debian.1-3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008490.html
 * penguintv 4.2.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008491.html
 * ascii2binary 2.13-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008492.html
 * gnash 0.8.8-5ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008493.html
 * python-scipy 0.7.2-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008494.html
 * grace 1:5.1.22-8build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008495.html
 * lash 0.6.0~rc2-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008496.html
 * gtkmathview 0.8.0-5build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008497.html
 * gtkglext 1.2.0-1.1fakesync2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008498.html
 * gcompris 9.3-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008499.html
 * ubuntuone-client 1.4.4.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008500.html
 * desktopcouch 0.6.9-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008501.html
 * software-center 3.0.3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008502.html
 * r-cran-g.data 2.0-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008503.html
 * unetbootin 471-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008505.html
 * openoffice.org 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008504.html
 * mdadm 2.6.7.1-1ubuntu16 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008506.html
 * geronimo-jacc-1.1-spec 1.0.1-1.1fakesync1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008507.html
 * indicator-session 0.2.10-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008508.html
 * libvpx 0.9.2-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008509.html
 * cairo 1.10.0-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008510.html
 * devhelp 2.30.1-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008511.html
 * livecd-rootfs 1.152 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008512.html
 * appmenu-gtk 0.1.9-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008513.html
 * shotwell 0.7.2-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008514.html
 * kdebase-workspace 4:4.5.1-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008515.html
 * easymock 2.4+ds1-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008516.html
 * clamav 0.96.3+dfsg-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008517.html
 * x-loader 1.4.4git20100713-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008518.html
 * openmpi 1.4.1-3ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008519.html
 * desktop-webmail 002-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008520.html
 * xserver-xorg-video-geode 2.11.9-5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008521.html
 * specimen 0.5.2rc3-1.1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008523.html
 * livemix 0.49~rc3-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008522.html
 * lashwrap 1.0.2-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008524.html
 * monodevelop 2.4+dfsg-3ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008525.html
 * fox1.6 1.6.37-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008526.html
 * geronimo-validation-1.0-spec 1.1-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008527.html
 * python3-stdlib-extensions 3.1.2-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008528.html
 * fluidsynth 1.1.2-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008529.html
 * calf 0.0.18.5-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008530.html
 * muse 1.0.1-0ubuntu5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008533.html
 * jack-rack 1.4.7-2build3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008532.html
 * hydrogen 0.9.4.1-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008531.html
 * zynaddsubfx 2.4.0-1build3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008536.html
 * xjadeo 0.4.13-1build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008535.html
 * seq24 0.9.0-2build1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008534.html
 * mesa 7.9~git20100924-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008537.html
 * qemu-kvm 0.12.5+noroms-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008538.html
 * bzr-explorer 1.1.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008540.html
 * qbzr 0.19.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008539.html
 * bamf 0.2.58-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008541.html
 * appmenu-gtk 0.1.9-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008542.html
 * indicator-datetime 0.0.6-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008543.html
 * unity 0.2.46-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008544.html
 * gnome-applets 2.30.0-3ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008545.html
 * gnome-keyring 2.92.92.is.2.31.91-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008546.html
 * geronimo-jpa-2.0-spec 1.1-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008547.html
 * libhibernate-commons-annotations-java 3.2.0.Final-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008548.html
 * libhibernate-validator-java 4.0.2.GA-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008549.html
 * kubuntu-default-settings 1:10.10ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008550.html
 * python-liblas 1.2.1-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008551.html
 * bastille 1:3.0.9-13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008552.html
 * chromium-browser 6.0.472.63~r59945-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008553.html
 * eclipse 3.5.2-6ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008554.html
 * qapt 1.0.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008555.html
 * ubuntu-artwork 53.7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008556.html
 * liblastfm 0.4.0~really0.3.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008557.html
 * ubuntu-artwork 53.8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008558.html
 * desktopcouch 0.6.9b-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008559.html
 * qbittorrent 2.4.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-September/008560.html
 * qapt 1.0.3-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008561.html
 * skrooge 0.7.3.2-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008562.html
 * lubuntu-artwork 0.11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008563.html
 * ubuntu-restricted-addons 4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008564.html
 * kubuntu-default-settings 1:10.10ubuntu10 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008565.html
 * gtk2-engines-qtcurve 1.5.2-1ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008566.html
 * fontforge 0.0.20090923-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008567.html
 * partman-base 141ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008568.html
 * tomboy 1.4.0-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008569.html
 * gvfs 1.6.4-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008570.html
 * zenity 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008571.html
 * seahorse 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008572.html
 * brasero 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008573.html
 * vala 0.10.0-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008574.html
 * ubuntu-keyring 2010.+09.30 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008575.html
 * consolekit 0.4.1-4ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008576.html
 * indicator-network 0.2.14-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008577.html
 * gnome-themes 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008578.html
 * gnome-bluetooth 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008579.html
 * nautilus-sendto 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008580.html
 * gnome-keyring 2.92.92.is.2.31.91-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008581.html
 * gtksourceview2 2.10.5-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008582.html
 * casper 1.245 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008583.html
 * update-manager 1:0.142.16 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008584.html
 * gwibber 2.32.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008585.html
 * linux-ti-omap4 2.6.35-903.13 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008586.html
 * icoutils 0.29.1-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008587.html
 * sun-java6 6.21-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008588.html
 * apport 1.14.1-0ubuntu8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008589.html
 * cups 1.4.4-6ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008590.html
 * kerneloops 0.12+git20090217-1ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008591.html
 * totem-plugin-arte 0.9.2-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008592.html
 * multistrap 2.1.6ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008597.html
 * amarok 2:2.3.2-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008598.html
 * plasma-widget-message-indicator 0.5.6-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008599.html
 * gnome-do 0.8.3.1+dfsg-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008600.html
 * kubuntu-netbook-default-settings 10.10.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008601.html
 * bugzilla 3.6.2.0-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008602.html
 * clamav-data 20100816.030200.11560 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008603.html
 * libkolab-perl 1:2.2.4-20100624-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008604.html
 * ocrodjvu 0.4.6-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008605.html
 * php-kolab-filter 0.1.9-4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008606.html
 * re2 0+hg40+dfsg-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008607.html
 * solfege 3.16.4-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008608.html
 * yate 2.2.0-1~dfsg-1.1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008609.html
 * collectd 4.10.1-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008610.html
 * e17 0.16.999.49898-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008611.html
 * ibus-array 0.0.2-3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008612.html
 * mysqmail 0.4.9-6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008613.html
 * openttd 1.0.4-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008614.html
 * planner-el 3.42-4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008615.html
 * pokerth 0.7.1-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008616.html
 * potool 0.11-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008617.html
 * python-ecore 0.5.0+r49824-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008618.html
 * python-edje 0.5.0+r49747-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008619.html
 * rinputd 1.0.3-5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008620.html
 * sml-mode 4.0-8 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008621.html
 * cdebconf-terminal 0.9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008622.html
 * fluidsynth 1.1.2-2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008623.html
 * syncevolution 1.0+ds1~beta2a-1ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008624.html
 * lash 0.6.0~rc2-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008625.html
 * dovecot 1:1.2.12-1ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008626.html
 * wine1.2 1.2-0ubuntu7 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008627.html
 * module-init-tools 3.12-1ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008628.html
 * casper 1.246 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008629.html
 * software-center 3.0.4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008630.html
 * apt 0.8.3ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008631.html
 * unity-place-applications 0.2.26-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008632.html
 * telepathy-glib 0.12.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008633.html
 * empathy 2.32.0-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008634.html
 * m2crypto 0.20.1-1ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008635.html
 * kubuntu-default-settings 1:10.10ubuntu11 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008636.html
 * kubuntu-netbook-default-settings 10.10.6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008637.html
 * kubuntu-mobile-default-settings 10.10.0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008638.html
 * seamonkey 2.0.8+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008639.html
 * devmem2 0.0-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008640.html
 * powervr-omap3 3.01.00.07-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008641.html
 * opengles-sgx-omap3 3.01.00.07-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008642.html
 * sugar-firefox-activity 6+dfsg-0ubuntu2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008643.html
 * gweled 0.8.repack-5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008644.html
 * aiksaurus 1.2.1+dev-0.12-6build2 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008645.html
 * qt4-x11 4:4.7.0-0ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008646.html
 * plt-scheme 4.2.4-2ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008647.html
 * update-manager 1:0.142.17 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008648.html
 * ubuntu-sso-client 1.0.3-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008649.html
 * unity-place-files 0.5.32-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008650.html
 * unity 0.2.46-0ubuntu4 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008651.html
 * mutter 2.31.5-0ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008652.html
 * jasper-initramfs 0.32 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008653.html
 * jasper-initramfs 0.33 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008654.html
 * base-installer 1.107ubuntu3 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008655.html
 * ubiquity 2.4.5 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008656.html
 * ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu 28 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008657.html
 * wine1.2 1.2-0ubuntu9 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008658.html
 * telepathy-qt4 0.3.10-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008659.html
 * readahead-fedora 2:1.5.6-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008661.html
 * xubuntu-meta 2.117 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008660.html
 * musescore 0.9.6.3+dfsg-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008662.html
 * ltrace 0.5.3-2ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008663.html
 * evolution 2.30.3-1ubuntu6 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008664.html
 * docky 2.0.7-1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008665.html
 * utouch-geis 1.0.11-0ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008666.html
 * scilab 5.2.2-8ubuntu1 -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/maverick-changes/2010-October/008667.html

== UWN Translations ==

 * Note to translators and our readers please follow the link below
for the information you need.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Translations

== UWN Sneak Peek ==

 * Stefano Rivera: Release Party Ubuntu Mirror -
http://tumbleweed.org.za/2010/10/09/release-party-ubuntu-mirror

 * Jonathan Ridell: The Ubuntu Font, now with added Rupee -
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4331

 * Mackenzie Morgan: Introducing Gally -
http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com/2010/10/introducing-gally.html

 * Software Center with a dose of Zeitgeist and maybe Teamgeist -
http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2010/09/software-center-with-a-dose-of-zeitgeist-and-maybe-teamgeist/

 * Martin Owens: Five Years Ago in Ubuntu  - http://doctormo.org/?p=2810

 * Ara Pulido: On First Experiences  -
http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/on-first-experiences/

 * The weird and wonderful world of Latin Extended B -
http://design.canonical.com/2010/10/the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-latin-extended-b/

 * Mohamad Faizul Zulkifli: Ubuntu Linux for Ham Radio Operators -
http://9w2pju.hamradio.my/2010/10/ubuntu-linux-for-ham-radio-operators.html

 * Dustin Kirkland: Brand Refresh of manpages.ubuntu.com -
http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2010/10/brand-refresh-of-manpagesubuntucom.html

 * Julien Lavergne: Lubuntu 10.10 is released -
http://gilir.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/lubuntu-10-10-is-released/

== Subscribe ==

Get your copy of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter delivered each week to
you via email at:

== Archives and RSS Feed ==

You can always find older Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter issues at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

You can subscribe to the Ubuntu Weekly News via RSS at:
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/uwn/feed

== Additional Ubuntu News ==

As always you can find more news and announcements at:

 http://www.ubuntu.com/news

and

 http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

== Conclusion ==

Thank you for reading the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter.

See you next week!

== Credits ==

The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:

 * Amber Graner
 * Jonathan Carter
 * Liraz Siri
 * Daniel Calab
 * Nathan Handler
 * Alex Lourie
 * And many others

== Glossary of Terms ==

Other acronyms can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/glossary

== Ubuntu - Get Involved ==

The Ubuntu community consists of individuals and teams, working on
different aspects of the distribution, giving advice and technical
support, and helping to promote Ubuntu to a wider audience. No
contribution is too small, and anyone can help. It's your chance to
get in on all the community fun associated with developing and
promoting Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

== Feedback ==

This document is maintained by the Ubuntu Weekly News Team. If you
have a story idea or suggestions for the Weekly Newsletter, join the
Ubuntu News Team mailing list at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-news-team and submit
it. Ideas can also be added to the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Ideas. If you'd like to
contribute to a future issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, please
feel free to edit the appropriate wiki page. If you have any technical
support questions, please send them to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com.

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License -