UWN - Status

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 29 16:18:52 GMT 2010

To Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Readers:

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Ubuntu Weekly
Newsletter (UWN) throughout the years!  Without you the readers there
would be no need to publish UWN and we are thankful for each of you
who read the newsletter through subscribing to the email, on the wiki,
the pdf, the forums, or the various syndications.  You are
appreciated.

I needed to send this sooner, and I apologize for not being able to do
so before now.  The newsletter is being re-organized based on 1) the
results from the "Improving UWN" Survey that was sent out in late
October; 2) re-organizing based on the volunteers and their time
schedules to allow for more easier contributions 3) training more
publishing editors.

I sincerely apologize for the interruption in the publication of UWN
and please know that it will be back in publication beginning next
week.  The Newsletter will continue to be *published* (sent out) on
Mondays with all the work on the issue completed during the week(s)
that the issue will be covering.  While we will *not* go back over the
last month and pull all the news and summarize it in the issue to be
published on Dec 6th, we will included links in the "UWN Sneak Peek"
section to articles from weeks prior.

We are always looking for help on UWN and to keep the publication on
schedule will need more volunteers.  If you have an hour a week and
can help find links, or can help summarize articles please consider
giving an hour or more of your time a week to help add content to UWN.
 Please know that by adding you agree that your content maybe edited
or may not be included in UWN.  Part of the feedback that was given
was that UWN was getting to heavy and long so we will provide more
links to articles and less summaries.

Below are links to  posts about the state of UWN and the Fridge,
survey results, when we changed to publishing on Mondays, and a call
for volunteers for the news team. Please Consider joining the News
Team Meeting on December 2nd, 2010 at 2300 UTC in #ubuntu-news IRC
channel on freenode.net if you would like to know more about UWN going
forward or would like to help.  Though I am stepping down as Editor in
Chief and we will be going to a rolling publish editor schedule I will
still be helping train and consult with the the news team on UWN and
the Fridge.

Improving UWN Survey Results - http://akgraner.com/?p=820

Ubuntu News Team: What happened to UWN and the Fridge? -
http://akgraner.com/?p=805

Stepping Down As Editor in Chief - Call for Nominations and
More	Volunteers -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/2010-November/001200.html

Ubuntu Weekly News to be Published on Mondays starting today! -
http://akgraner.com/?p=649

Ubuntu News Team – Needs You!! - http://akgraner.com/?p=627

Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay or any inconvenience the
delay in publication or missed issues have caused.  We as a news team
are working hard on applying the suggestions from the survey and
re-organizing to insure that UWN continues to be published with
quality information in a timely and predictable manner.  Thank you in
advance for your understanding and I hope you will continue to find
UWN a publication will give you a snapshot in time of all things
Ubuntu.  Please feel free to email the ubuntu-news-team list at
ubuntu-news-team at lists.ubuntu.com or you can email me directly for
more information.

With appreciation and gratitude to you all,
Amber Graner

--
Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://akgraner.com/