Ubuntu 4.10 Pressed CDs Status and Last Call

Benj. Mako Hill mako at canonical.com
Mon Nov 8 17:40:14 CST 2004

Greetings,

The first batch of pressed Ubuntu 4.10 "Warty Warthog" CDs are
beginning to ship this week. They include people who had complete data
in our database on October 19th. Please try to be patient as they will
take several weeks to all ship and to make it to your door. Thanks to
Canonical, the shipping and the CDs are free of charge!

If you or someone you know would like to order pressed Ubuntu 4.10 CDs
and have not yet, you will need to place an order on or before Friday
November 12, 2004. After this, all orders will be not be shipped until
we finish the next release of Ubuntu. Of course, with our quick
release cycle, this is less than 6 months away.

If you would like to order CDs or if you would like to check to see if
we have processed your order (we unfortunately cannot track individual
shipments), you can log in to the Ubuntu CD Distribution database
here:

  http://shipit.ubunutlinux.org

At the time of the last mailing some people left off essential
shipping information. I have tried to contact most of these people and
will be contacting the rest this week.

There is a FAQ entry to answer questions you may have about the CD
shipping process online at:

  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/shipit/

Let me know if you need any specific help or have specific questions.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill