Extended call for Ubuntu Technical Board candidates

Lukas Märdian slyon at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 30 17:10:44 UTC 2022

Hi folks,

I'd like to briefly introduce myself for the Ubuntu Technical Board nomination!

My name is Lukas Märdian aka 'slyon' [0] I am 32 years old and based in Germany.
I joined Canonical in 2020 and have been working for the Ubuntu Foundations team
since then. People might know me from several "call-for-testing" around
NetworkManager [1][2] or from my work at the MIR team [3]. I've also been an
official Ubuntu Member and Core-Dev since December 2020 [4] (after using and
contributing to Ubuntu since high-school). I'm the maintainer for netplan.io
(upstream, as well as in Debian as a DM and in Ubuntu) and a co-maintainer for
Ubuntu's systemd package. (Yes, blame on me for those sd-oomd regressions!)

I feel like I'm a good consensus builder and have a deep technical understanding
of the Ubuntu ecosystem. After receiving recommendations from my peers to
nominate myself to the Technical Board, I decided to apply, as I'd like to help
keep steering Ubuntu into the right (technical) direction.

If there are any questions feel free to reach out!
Cheers,
   Lukas

[0] https://pad.lv/~slyon
[1] https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/call-for-testing-improved-wifi-via-iwd