Ubuntu Kernel Team - Weekly Newsletter, 2017-09-19
joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Wed Sep 20 13:51:03 UTC 2017
September 13 through September 18
##Development (Artful / 17.10)##
Important upcoming dates:
Final Beta - Sept 28 (~1 week away)
Kernel Freeze - Oct 5 (~2 weeks away)
Final Freeze - Oct 12 (~3 weeks away)
Ubuntu 17.10 - Oct 19 (~4 weeks away)
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. A
4.13.1 based kernel is available for testing from the artful-proposed
pocket of the Ubuntu archive. As a reminder, the Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel
Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
##Stable (Released & Supported)##
* All kernels have been re-spun to include a fix for high priority
* SRU cycle completed successfully and the following kernel updates
have been released:
* The following kernel snap updates have been released in the snap store:
* Current cycle: 15-Sep through 07-Oct
15-Sep Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
18-Sep - 23-Sep Kernel prep week.
24-Sep - 06-Oct Bug verification & Regression testing.
09-Oct Release to -updates.
* Next cycle: 06-Oct through 28-Oct
06-Oct Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
09-Oct - 14-Oct Kernel prep week.
15-Oct - 27-Oct Bug verification & Regression testing.
30-Oct Release to -updates.
* [The Canonical Kernel Team is
* [The current CVE
* If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the
channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel
list at: kernel-team at lists.ubuntu.com.
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team