Ubuntu Kernel Team - Weekly Newsletter, 2017-09-13
joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Wed Sep 13 19:30:31 UTC 2017
September 05 through September 12
##Development (Artful / 17.10)##
Important upcoming dates:
Final Beta - Sept 28 (~2 weeks away)
Kernel Freeze - Oct 5 (~3 weeks away)
Final Freeze - Oct 12 (~4 weeks away)
Ubuntu 17.10 - Oct 19 (~5 weeks away)
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. A 4.13
based kernel is available for testing from the artful-proposed pocket of
the Ubuntu archive. As a reminder, the Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is
Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
##Stable (Released & Supported)##
* The Xenial kernel and it's derivatives were re-spun to address
"Xenial update to 4.4.78 stable release broke Address Sanitizer".
* The following kernels were promoted to -proposed for testing:
* Current cycle: 25-Aug through 16-Sep
25-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
28-Aug - 02-Sep Kernel prep week.
03-Sep - 15-Sep Bug verification & Regression testing.
18-Sep Release to -updates.
* Next cycle: 15-Sep through 07-Oct
15-Sep Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
18-Sep - 23-Sep Kernel prep week.
24-Sep - 06-Oct Bug verification & Regression testing.
09-Oct Release to -updates.
* [The Canonical Kernel Team is
* stress-ng V0.08.14 released. New features: "random text" zlib
compression mode, a CPU branch prediction stressor, an extra kcmp
KCMP_EPOLL_TFD stress mode, and increased functionality in the resource
* [Running Ubuntu Containers with Hyper-V Isolation on
* [The current CVE
* If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the
channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel
list at: kernel-team at lists.ubuntu.com.
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team