Change of workflow for UWN

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 28 06:48:20 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Ever since Lyz has stepped down from running the Ubuntu Weekly
Newsletter (thank you for your work Lyz, it is greatly appreciated :) ),
I have been filling in for her by publishing the newsletter and doing
the releases. But for the past few issues, Chris Guiver has been doing a
great job of collecting the articles and sending out the call for
summaries on Fridays. Thank you Chris!

Part of driving the newsletter after Lyz has stepped down has been
adjusting my workflow to fit with the newsletter's. But I have noticed
that Mondays are not a good time for me to publish the newsletter. It
would work so much better for me if the call for editors would be
published on Monday morning and the newsletter would be published on
Tuesday. That gives a little bit extra time for the newsletter to get
summaries, ensure that it is a high-quality release by giving the
editors more time, and not have two-week issues because I get busy on
Monday and I don't get to publishing.

Do any other team members object to the workflow changing? It worked
well after trying it out this week, and if nobody objects, I'd like to
keep it this way in the future.

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com