Bug 1602344 opened against the CoC for more explicit condemnation of harassment

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 13 09:04:22 UTC 2016

Who will enforce this? I like the idea of protecting community from
harassment but I think we all know well CoC violations do happen and
perhaps more frequently than we like.

Realistically who enforces them? So far that hasn't really happened.

I think a CoC is only as effective as it's enforcement and following
through. This is a reflection on CoC's in general and just what ive seen
among projects of similar size.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2016-April/001170.html

https://code.launchpad.net/~mhall119/ubuntu-codeofconduct/harassment-clause