Idea: Using Fridge Blog As A Showcase For Non-Members

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 3 16:47:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Svetlana Belkin <belkinsa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2015 12:31 PM, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
>>
>> I guess this leads to another question: do we actually have
>> contributors who are not members but are clamoring to tell their
>> stories on a platform within the community because they lack one? We
>> don't want to create a resource that's a ghost town, I think that's
>> why the original non-member Planet became defunct.
>

> We had one?  Does the site still work.  If so, do you know the link to it?

It was a third party one for users (and often folks who were not yet
members) at ubuntuweblogs dot org. Seems to be a parked domain these
days.

I found this forums thread from when it was still alive:

But it's been gone for a few years. I used to use it to collect blog
posts for the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter from non-members but it showed
a decline in participation for some time before it finally
disappeared.