Ubuntu Membership Board call for nominations extended

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 15 04:43:25 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Back on February 17th I put out a call for nominations for the Ubuntu
Membership Board.

Unfortunately we have not gathered enough applicants yet to meet our
criteria for staffing the board.

As I mentioned in my prior call, this is a valuable role for both the
applicant and our community as we recognize the significant and
sustained contributions made by fellow contributors to Ubuntu through
formal membership, as overseen by this board.

Speaking more personally, a position on a membership board one of the
first roles in the international Ubuntu community I was appointed to,
and someone else nominated me. So I encourage you reach out to your
fellow Ubuntu Members to ask if they wish to be nominated or encourage
them self-nominate for a position on the board.

To nominate yourself or somebody else (again, please confirm they wish
to accept the nomination and state you have done so), please send a
mail to the membership boards mailing list (ubuntu-membership-boards
at lists.ubuntu.com). You will want to include some information about
the nominee, a launchpad profile link and which time slot (12:00 or
22:00) the nominee will be able to participate in.

Further details, including qualifications to be considered for a
position on the board, can be found on the initial call for
nominations: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2015-February/000416.html

We are extending this call for another 2 weeks, so please have your
nominations to the board by Monday March 29th at 12:00 UTC.

To all of those who have already submitted your name for
consideration, thank you and we appreciate your patience as we
complete this process.

Elizabeth K. Joseph (pleia2), on behalf of the Ubuntu Community Council