Unity8 weekly update June 19, 2015
michael.zanetti at canonical.com
Fri Jun 19 18:50:29 UTC 2015
this week in Unity8:
* We've finally managed to land full shell rotation. Thanks a lot to
* After we've been halting our landing queue for a bit in order to keep
the road clear for shell rotation, we've started to work through the
queue of approved branches. It contains a variety of bug fixes and test
* There has been continued work on the inline scope media playback,
mainly a cooperation with the Media Hub people to get the bits and
pieces playing together nicely.
* Continued work on bringing Launcher's feature set up to par with
unity7. The wiggling alert notification branches are up for review now.
* The new Alt+tab implementation has now enough features to give it a
first go out in the wild. While it certainly is not feature complete,
work has begun to get the current state merged into the code base and
start collecting wider feedback.
* A lot of work happened to bring session management closer to the
requirements on a Desktop system. Still to be reviewed.
* Work on features to allow applications to gracefully exit when closing
them, instead of just killing them.
Have a great weekend everybody!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 246 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team