Unity8, Mir & LXC for Xapps update July 10, 2015

Kevin Gunn kevin.gunn at canonical.com
Fri Jul 10 22:30:28 UTC 2015

   -

   Latest in Unity8 ui
   -

      landed our input info usage (to toggle to windowed mode)
      -

      a variety of test cleanup
      -

      GU changes ready to go in for OTA5
      -

      focus vs visibility reviewed and approved
      -

      trying to land launcher parity, stuck in review cycle
      -

      additional slim greeter features
      -

      getting MWC demo silo back, good news is it is way smaller, pretty
      much only cursor stuff left
      -

      some rework in qtmir around multimonitor
      -

   Latest in Mir
   -

      addressing some multimonitor issues for MWC demo silo
      -

      platform-api cruft removal turned into a “thing” got stuck in
      proposed, dependency with telephony-services for a few days; done now so
      mir0.14 can land, comes with client API break
      -

      critical bug on AP tests in u-s-c (osk input loss), fix committed
      -

      began working through u-s-c screen blanking issues for OTA6
      -

      a variety of bug work
      -

      all the tests for new buffer semantics ported, ready for
      implementation
      -

      about to start input work that will help unblock mouse rendering by
      unity8 (currently u-s-c, for development speed we want to override)
      -

      Laying some groundwork for vulcan from Khronos
      -

   LXC for xapps
   -

      container create/destroy from the gui
      -

      put some effort into multithreading the python code interacting with
      all the qml/c++ code (so containers will play nicely)
      -

      working on installing packages (by name), searching will be added
      later (and will take a while)