HTTPS for fridge.ubuntu.com not working

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 7 18:07:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 1:03 AM, David Seaward <dseaward925 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I visit https://fridge.ubuntu.com instead of
> http://fridge.ubuntu.com I get redirected to Ubuntu SSO and never get
> back to the Fridge.
>
> Is this a bug? I ask because the default HTTPS Everywhere ruleset
> takes me there, and I'll need to tweak it if Fridge does not (yet?)
> support HTTPS. On the other hand, if Fridge is supposed to be
> available over HTTPS and this is an easy-to-fix bug, I can keep the
> ruleset as-is.

Since we use Ubuntu SSO (no password-based auth allowed), most
WordPress sites that Canonical manages on't bother having SSL
certificates themselves, this includes the fridge.

But the behavior of redirecting to the Ubuntu SSO site is not right,
so I'll open a ticket with the Canonical sysadmins to see if they can
do something about this, even if it's just a redirect to http. Thanks
for letting us know!