Community team weeks 49+50 update
david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 11 17:18:57 UTC 2015
Here are some highlights of what the Ubuntu Community Team at Canonical
together with some other community members have been working on in the last
As a bonus, as I got reminded the previous update wasn't send, you get the
full month update ;)
## Week 49+50
- Review of Snappy App Developer Manual, put together a plan to integrate
it into official docs, discussed it with the team. Started work on
integrating the docs into snappy and snapcraft upstream and into the
- Finalised Snappy+Snapcraft training materials. Being reviewed now. Q&A
with the team happening on 21st Dec.
- Snappy Clinic about snapcraft releases 0.5 and 0.6.
- Fixed a number of issues in click-reviewers-tools.
- UbuCon Summit preparations:
- Preliminary schedule
- Registrations are open
- Speakers http://ubucon.org/en/events/ubucon-summit-us/speakers
- Promotion plan
- Deployment to staging and testing of and improvements for the Django and
Django CMS update of the site.
- Work on various fixes for the site.
- Rework of the markdown importer for snappy documentation is almost
## Week 47+48
- Recruited mentors for Google CodeIn (more needed)
- Crowd-sourced some additional tasks for CodeIn (more needed)
- Organise contact for UnixStickers to enable them to sell Ubuntu branded
- Scopes Showdown preparation
- Community Council election.
- David Callé attended Ubucon Paris as staff
- Landed new oem snaps plugins
- Working on Django upgrade, now deployed on staging and working. Needs a
database import and further testing now.
- New version of the thumbnailer tutorial (QML)
- Work on breaking up, improving and generalising the markdown importer.
- Work with Django CMS upstream on fixing the importer issues.
- Pushed new Music app with UI Toolkit 1.3 support to QA for testing which
was approved and uploaded to the store
- Identified bug in Toolkit affecting headerless apps (Clock / Calculator /
Weather), worked around for now, but needs fixing properly in the toolkit.
- Further testing UI Toolkit 1.3 and many other updates to the DocViewer.
Almost ready for release. Targetting middle of Week 49 for store upload.
- Resolved issues with Jenkins being incorrectly configured for autolanding
for some core apps
- Resolve a few minor bugs in Notes, identified by QA team
- Minor clock update submitted to QA which changes alarm preview audio
playback to line up with coming Qt 5.5 platform update
- Updated Calendar in the store which improves performance and adds
optional week view
- Creation of Training materials for Snappy + Snapcraft.
- Planning of next Snappy Clinic.
- Various docs fixes.
- Review of App Developer Manual, planning of reintegrating it into the
official docs, work is underway.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team