Fwd: Easy access to translated Ubuntu Help pages

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 18 20:30:55 UTC 2014

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Easy access to translated Ubuntu Help pages
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:29:15 +0200
From: Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj at ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com
CC: ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com

Hello translators!

DocumentationStringFreeze for Utopic is today, and version 14.10.2 of
the ubuntu-docs package has been uploaded. However, the latest
translations are not yet reflected when you browse Ubuntu Help from the
official Ubuntu archive. Therefore we have also uploaded ubuntu-docs in
the PPA of the documentation team:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/+archive/ppa

If you install the .deb file in the PPA, translated pages for all
available languages will be installed on the disk. Those pages include
translations as per September 18. There are unusually few new strings
this cycle - hence a chance to catch up, perhaps. ;)

Let me take the opportunity to remind of this problem:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2014-March/006431.html

The problem is just as present now as it was when Doug wrote the message.

Happy translating!

--
for the Documentation Team:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson