Nominations open for two positions on the Ubuntu IRC Council
hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 2 23:15:11 UTC 2014
We are opening nominations for two positions on the Ubuntu IRC
Council. We are filling in slots opened by resignations . We felt
we could still perform with four members of the council but not with
Details of the IRC Council can be read on the wiki ; a summary of
the nomination requirements is below (but all are suggested to read
the wiki in full):
Elections of new IRC Council members will be held in the following way:
* An open call for nominations should be announced in the IRC
Community, and people can nominate themselves for a seat on the
council. Everyone is welcome to apply.
* To apply for a seat the candidate creates a Wiki page outlining
their work in the community, and inviting others to provide testimonials.
* When the application deadline has passed, the IRC Council will
review the applications and provide feedback on the candidates for the
Community Council to review.
* The Community Council will identify a shortlist for the board and
circulate the list publically for feedback from the community.
* The shortlist identified by the Community Council will be voted upon
by team members as described at CommunityCouncil/Delegation. Members
of the Ubuntu IRC Members Team are eligible to vote.
* The Community Council will then finalise the appointment of IRC
The dealine for the nominations will be announced later on, as a reply
to this email.
 IdleOne resigned last year, and AlanBell just announced to us he
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team