Ubuntu Engineering Live! webcast

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 28 18:27:51 UTC 2014

I would like to submit our latest "Ubuntu Engineering Live!" webcast for
inclusion in the next UWN. If this is useful I'll provide it after each
webcast (we do them every 2 weeks).

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22r-Oexqxg

Oliver Ries provides a status update on Mir & Unity8 integration,
including the new Mir 0.3.0, Unity 8 CD images for testing, and Gtk
support on Mir.

Oliver Ries also gives an update on the Unity APIs, new Go bindings for
writing scopes, the ability to purchase apps and content from scopes, a
new transfer indicator to track downloads and more.

Michał Sawicz provides an update on the development of Unity 8 itself,
highlights several Dash improvements, a power-off dialog and migration
to Qt 5.3

Martin Albisetti provides an update on the Click store, upcoming ability
to publish additional Scopes in the store, Click package signing, and
hints at an upcoming public web front-end to the store.

Alan Pope provides an update on the Core Apps development, plans to
switch Reminders to use the live Evernote servers, Music app updates to
the latest media-scanner service, Calendar UI fixes and new features,
and announcing the next round of Hack Days

Michael Hall provides an update from the Community team with a review of
the Ubuntu Online Summit, planned improvements to the LoCo Team Portal,
a new App Developer training program and announced passing 10,000 users
of the phone app store.

--
Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com