Fridge post: Community Donations Funding Report, Q1 2014

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 20:56:20 UTC 2014

Please publish the following to the fridge:

When users visit the Ubuntu download page from our main website,
ubuntu.com, they are given the option to make a donation to show their
appreciation and help further the work that goes into making and
distributing Ubuntu.  Donations ear-marked for "Community projects" made
available to members of our community, and events that our members attend.

In keeping with our core principles of openness and transparency, the
way these community funds were spent is detailed in a regular report and
made available for everybody to see. These requests for funding are an
opportunity for us to invest in our community, and every dollar spent
has benefited the Ubuntu project through improved contributions,
organization and outreach.

Once again everybody on this list deserves a big thanks for their
continued contributions to Ubuntu.  The funds they were given may cover
immediate expenses, but they in no way cover all of the time, energy,
and passion that these contributors have put into our community.

The latest funding report, using the same format as the previous one,
can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/1IKaC3aOByiR5oT0_L4h0mhLfQ7uHJPabipNjKNoMxZw/edit#
--
Michael Hall