Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2014-04-29

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Apr 29 17:16:01 UTC 2014

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/04/29/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 29 Apr, 2014|20140429
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 nothing new to report this week

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
     http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 The links above have 0 content for Utopic.  I'll try to get those fixed
 up to better reflect our work moving forward.

 Our Trusty kernel has been pocket copied to seed Utopic.  We have opened
 the ubuntu-utopic kernel tree.  The master-next branch is currently
 tracking the v3.15-rc3 kernel.  We likely won't upload a v3.15 based
 kernel until a few more -rc releases come out.
 -----
 Important upcoming dates:
 The schedule is currently under review.

===  Status: CVE's ===
 The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following link:
 http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

Trusty/Saucy/Quantal/Precise/Lucid  ===
 Status for the main kernels, until today (Mar. 25):
   *   Lucid - Prep week
   * Precise - Prep week
   * Quantal - Prep week
   *   Saucy - Prep week
   *  Trusty - Prep week

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

 Schedule:

 cycle: 27-Apr through 17-May
          25-Apr   Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
 27-Apr - 03-May   Kernel prep week.
 04-May - 10-May   Bug verification & Regression testing.
 11-May - 17-May   Regression testing & Release to -updates.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussion.