Ubuntu Membership Board call for nominations

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 28 13:19:44 UTC 2014

Ubuntu Membership [1] is a recognition of significant and sustained
contribution to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community. To this end, the
Community Council recruits members of our current membership community
for the valuable role of reviewing and evaluating the contributions of
potential members to bring them on board or assist with having them
achieve this goal.

It’s now that time of year when we have eight members of our boards
expiring from their 2 year terms within the next couple months, which
means we need to do some restaffing of this Membership Board [2].

We’re looking for Ubuntu Members who can participate either in the 12:00
UTC meetings or 22:00 UTC (if you can make both, even better).

Both the 12:00 UTC and the 22:00 UTC meetings happen once a month,
specific day to be discussed by the board upon addition of new members.

We have the following requirements for nominees:

  - be an Ubuntu member (preferably for some time)
  - be confident that you can evaluate contributions to various
    parts of our community
  - be committed to attending the membership meetings
  - broad insight into the Ubuntu community at large is a plus

Additionally, those sitting on membership boards are current Ubuntu
Members with a proven track record of activity in the community. They
have shown themselves over time to be able to work well with others and
display the positive aspects of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. They should
be people who can discern character and evaluate contribution quality
without emotion while engaging in an interview/discussion that
communicates interest, a welcoming atmosphere, and which is marked by
humanity, gentleness, and kindness. Even when they must deny
applications, they should do so in such a way that applicants walk away
with a sense of hopefulness and a desire to return with a more complete
application rather than feeling discouraged or hurt.

To nominate yourself or somebody else (please confirm they wish to
accept the nomination and state you have done so), please send a mail to
the membership boards mailing list (ubuntu-membership-boards at
lists.ubuntu.com). You will want to include some information about
yourself (or the applicant you are nominating), a launchpad profile link
and which time slot is being applied for.

We will be accepting nominations through Monday May 12th at 12:00 UTC.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Community Council who will make
the final decision and announcement.

Thanks in advance to you and to the dedication everybody has put into
their roles as board members.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/Boards