Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-03-12

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Mar 12 17:10:12 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/03/12/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 12 Mar, 2013|20130312
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  R/master: nothing new this week.
  R/omap4: verified that pvr-omap4 doesn't work with our multiplatform
3.8 kernel,
  i'm waiting input if we can drop the omap4 dekstop image.
  R/nexus7: ported overlayfs from P (lp1076317) - awaiting testing from a
  brave soul since my nexus7 is borked ATM (lp1126836).

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw       || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-delta-review               || 3 work items ||
  ||           || foundations-r-secure-boot             || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-aarch64                 || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements || 1
work item ||
  || ogasawara || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 3 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-arm-kernel-maintenance     || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-misc                || 1 work item  ||
  || ppisati   || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  || rtg       || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||
  The above summarizes the remaining work items owned by individuals on
  our team for the rest of the 13.04 cycle.

  Since our last meeting 2 weeks ago, we have rebased to the latest v3.8.2
  upstream stable kernel.  We've also added Haswell ULT NFC, I2C, SPI, and
  SATA RTD3 support, USB3 port power off capability, prime support for
  nouveau and radeon, and other misc config updates and bug fixes.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Raring:
    * Thurs Mar 21 - 13.04 Final Beta Freeze (~2 weeks)
    * Thurs Mar 28 - 13.04 Final Beta Release (~3 weeks)

  == 2013-03-12 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 46 CVEs on our radar, with 10 CVEs added and 1 CVE
retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Quantal/Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Status for the main kernels, until tiday (Feb. 26):
    *   Hardy - Nothing this cycle
    *   Lucid - In Prep; (2 commits)
    * Oneiric - In Prep; 4 upstream releases; (68 commits)
    * Precise - In Prep; 2 upstream releases; (197 commits)
    * Quantal - In Prep; 2 upstream releases; (175 commits)
  Due to a regression, the Quantal kernel and it's derivatives have been
  respun.
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
    * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock
(bjf> >)
(bjf> >) Note: The week of March 21 is the week the last Hardy and
Oneiric kernels may be built.
(bjf> >)

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  Welcome back to the Kernel team, kamal!